2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Trifecta switchable $320 tune. Anybody have it?Researching tunes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Available at BNR Bad News Racing... It says Trifecta on their website but I thought Vince was no more???
Old 08-07-2015, 09:09 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Vince still tunes, and some other guy does too. But ask for a leaner tune. 11.8 is wayy to rich.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
if I was u id invest in hptuners and get a good tuner from here to tune u. trifecta tunes are nice because of the select a tune, but the tunes themselves are ****
Old 08-12-2015, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the selectable tune. It sucks. Don't get it. Go with someone who does HPT tuning like term2
Old 08-24-2015, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP, a bit of advice? Don't go with HPT just cause these guys on this forum say so. Do your own research using input and tools available to you other than this forum.

If you go with an HP tune please please please look for someone that is reputable, like Term2. Don't just go with any HPT guy off the street. There have been plenty of HPT tuners that come and go. Engines blow up or don't last simply because these guys push too hard. Don't buy into all this crap about 'you have to pay to play' cause it's simply a bs excuse for those that don't want to admit they went in the wrong direction and destroyed their engine.

Trifecta has great tunes. I have been in a friends trifecta tuned ZFR cobalt that was built and on E85 just fine making 475HP. You simply cant go wrong with the tune they offer for power/safety.

However, if all you want is to go for broke and get max power and don't care what will eventually happen to your engine, then by all means, let this forum take gobble you up in it's BS propaganda.

Do yourself a favor and go to the sources directly. Go straight to trifecta and straight to someone like Term2 and get your info from them.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:23 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
In my opinion, it is all about the tuner.

I felt that Vince did a great job;
But I don't know if Vince touches anything past R&D anymore.

I would be more inclined to see who is local that can offer you support rather than going with "x" tune.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Trifecta sucks. I've tried getting a decent retune from them for the last year and every adjustment they do gives me horrible drive-ability. If you send them a log with a horrible LTFT, all they say is "looks good, whatever you're reading with must be broke."
Old 08-24-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
In for answers, when people hear I haven't tuned my T/C they look at me like a confused goat.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by footballplaya3k
Trifecta sucks. I've tried getting a decent retune from them for the last year ...
I am not happy with the current state of affairs;
As a dealer, the service has been sub-par compared to the 'good old days', and in one fell swoop, dealers were made to be obsolete under current model.

Something had to be done though, as a dealer there was a 'gentlemans agreement' that you had with Vince regaurding the reselling price of tunes;
Apparently many dealers were not abiding by this, and now it's pretty much pointless to buy through a dealer - most tunes come with a cable included.

Also getting clear information regarding tunes seems a little tough;
It used to be that Vince would clearly spell out offerings, pricing and options - now it seems like you have to find what ever specialty forum that the info is nested in to get the skinny - the stuff isn't even all posted on the wot site.

I have other grievances, but there are not relevant to this thread;
Customers don't see any of this - but dealers sure do.

For dealers like me who did this on the side, it sure seems as though it's not worth the effort any more.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by StevoElSupremo
In for answers, when people hear I haven't tuned my T/C they look at me like a confused goat.
if you don't have anyone close you can trust, or if you want to get a trifecta tune, order direct from wot (hyphen no space) tuning dot com;
If you do, you will have the means to directly contact for updates ect;
Just be aware, some tunes do not come with any updates;
I do not know if currently ordering a tune for your car through wot will get you a cable or not - that is a variable worth noting (and may require going through a dealer)';
IIRC there is a TO dealer that posts in the facebook cobalt canada group - it sounds like he's still pretty busy selling tunes;
All the 2.4 guys I tuned were pleased as punch with the net results.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:37 PM

Here is what I have so far...

term is the guy.. I need a hptuners local to me to do the pulls, logs and retunes... A really nice cat from up by the WI/IL border offered up his tuner but again--- the retune after logging all has to be done immediately. I will not ask term or the gentleman in Beloit to sacrifice a whole day for me unless I compensate them for their time... so I might as well buy a HPTuners with 8 credits, do my car at term's convenience and then resell the HPT with the remaining credits. Thank you all for your honest opinions--- it does matter to me and helped me to get to my happy place... now to get the bux....
Old 08-25-2015, 10:11 AM

Received 132 Likes on 109 Posts

Look for a used hp tuners on ebay
Old 08-25-2015, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have been a Trifecta Dealer since 2012.

I went through the Trifecta business transition and came out unscathed. Dealer profit margins are now thinner, but I like getting the positive feedback from happy customers. And the extra 94 Octane gas money helps...

Yes, there were problems at first, but now I have a first class relationship with the Trifecta Performance team. I have no problem contacting Trifecta to make queries and set up an appointment to review data-logs. My customer's data-logs are reviewed within 15 minutes.

I have well over 100 satisfied customers so far. And have uploaded and remote Tuned everything from Sierras/Siverados, Regal GS, Cobalt SC & TC, Cadillacs, Camaros and Cruze/Sonic 1.4T to Buick Enclaves, and Pontiac G5 2.2 S/C'd. People contact me from Victoria B.C. to Florida USA and everywhere in between. Even Tuned a Hahn Turbo'd 2.4 Solstice from Dubai UAE.

My impression of the switchable Tune for the TC is that it's a great Tune with good power gains and the ability to turn the Tune on and off at will. Most benifical when driving in inclement weather. You also have the choice of always On.

Not here to promote Trifecta over HPT. HTP can be fantastic if you get the right Tuner.
Just saying it is WHO you deal with - either Trifecta or HPT - that can make the difference.

And $320 is too much.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by themacguy
I have been a Trifecta Dealer since 2012.

And $320 is too much.
When I signed up, and met with Vince, he gave me a buffer that I could use for reselling, but he also asked that I sell at the advertised price;
It looks to be $350usd.

If you think $320 is too high, you might be charging less than what the original model asked dealers to sell.

What ultimately did me in was the new CTS-V tune;
I had to dig for info, I put up request s in the dealer forum, and it took MONTHS to get replies of any substance...
Regarding what you are supposed to charge (because this was my last experience as a dealer) - the new CTS-V tune requires dealers pay the tune amount in full, then a partial refund be issued;
I was clearly told from WOT that I must not discount that tune - but the customer who was itching to buy, but doing his best to squeeze me for a price drop must have received it elsewhere...
I believe that a new dealer signed up, and payed the fee in full, assuming that the refund would come through - and passed the savings along to the customer (meaning that they charged less than advertised; I was told that this model was done to discourage dealers from discounting)...

I also didn't like that I was for a very long time the only dealer in calgary, but a new (high dollar shop) signed up as a dealer, and now unless you zoom right into calgary, I don't show up - only they do...

I even emailed WOT about this, and no surprise here, I never received the courtesy of a reply.

I am glad you're having success with Trifecta, but to me, it now seems to be a wash.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:26 PM
Platinum Member

I've Tuned a CTS-V. He drove 2 hours to me.
Paid in full and a credit was applied to my account. But yes, dealer pricing model can be questionable on the site. A quick email or IM sorts it out. Then newer the vehicle model, the less flexibility on pricing.

Word of mouth has been a great advertising tool for me. Plus my website. Tuning a SS/TC from Québec tomorrow. Word is spreading over there too

If you want to discuss further let's take it off this forum. You know my FB addy.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:31 PM

I looked on WOT's website before responding last night... I could not find a subcatagory to click for the Cobalt or LNF....
Old 08-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member

Cobalt
Old 08-25-2015, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had the trifecta selectable tune for 2 years no issues, just went hp tuners because i went big turbo.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
I was a hardcore trifecta fanboy, ran their tune for a few years, fuel trims where always crap, they said they were fine, went with them for big turbo tune, and that was the most awful expiriance ever. Did have a few issues which got sorted, but I had fuel trims at like -24 and the tuner , not Vince couldn't fix it, after a month of trying I bought hp tuners and went to term2 and had my tune 90 percent better after one log, and 100% after a few days of logging and tuning. I only had time for a log a day. So like I said , stear clear of trifecta, trust us that sent trying to sell u on what they sell.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:55 PM

I used to run a Vince tune, and frankly it was great - he took the time to set it up right, and if I didn't change a thing, I'd probably go back to his tune (on my last update, I was told that there was a fueling error... I call BS) - but I have made some changes, and cannot run any of my older tunes now - or going forward.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:59 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I swear they completely ignore fuel trims.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member

I've had 3 customer's switch from HPT to Trifecta because they weren't satisfied with their Tunes. So I guess it works both ways.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:26 PM

Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts
I've had 3 customer's switch from HPT to Trifecta because they weren't satisfied with their Tunes. So I guess it works both ways.
There's a guy on here who went to a local shop for his LNF tune and they only made stock hp numbers on a ZFR because they didn't know the car. Getting a tuner who knows the car is key! I do not doubt guys have gone away from HPT but they prob should have gone with a different tuner to start off with
Old 08-26-2015, 12:56 PM
Platinum Member

^ Agreed read that post.

The 3 customers just got fed up with their Tuner(s) and decided to go with a known brand.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:04 PM

Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts
^ Agreed read that post.

The 3 customers just got fed up with their Tuner(s) and decided to go with a known brand.
Well sometimes picking a hp tuner isnt as easy as you'd think it takes some research that some ppl wont wanna put the effort in and others dont know about this site until later. Trifecta being a big name may be easier for some ppl but if you put in some research an Hp tune can be great!!

Quick Reply: Trifecta switchable $320 tune. Anybody have it?Researching tunes.