2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Upgraded turbo help

Old 10-11-2017, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgraded turbo help

I got a precision 5831 installed and correctly set up with a low boost tune for now, but I’m having issues with my pcv system now at first the stock one clogged so I bought the upgraded pcv line and tried that one, the car makes a insanely loud noise at idle with that one so I took it off and installed a oil catch can, I routed it back to the intake and that didn’t work because it’s shitting out oil and filling my catch can in minutes, shooting smoke out the back at idle it’s bad so I pulled it off the intake line and set it up to atmosphere and that’s bad to cuz it’s spraying oil all over my engine bay, I’m lost on how to control this or overcome it, never had a problem tell I installed the turbo. Well actually tell I got it dyno tuned. If anyone has a solution would be nice so I could actually drive it.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:37 PM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
I'd suggest researching threads here that have the same problem. Just google pcv lnf or something. This comes up pretty often.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by exninja
I'd suggest researching threads here that have the same problem. Just google pcv lnf or something. This comes up pretty often.
I been doing that can’t find anything on mine because I cannot run the stock line from my crankcase it’s too small and makes an extremely loud noise at idle.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:12 PM

It's possible the check valve in the IM is shot, a new one helped here with his oil consumption: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...-turbo-325002/

The loud noise is likely too much air going through the hose. Does it make the noise at idle? What happens when you remove the oil filler cap?

EDIT: just saw you said at idle.

The valve in the IM is just a diaphragm. If this is blown out, I could see it causing these issues both at idle and under boost. At boost you could be adding pressure to the valve cover/crankcase, causing oil to blow through the system. At idle you get too much vacuum causing the loud noise you're hearing.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:56 PM

It's possible the check valve in the IM is shot, a new one helped here with his oil consumption: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...-turbo-325002/

The loud noise is likely too much air going through the hose. Does it make the noise at idle? What happens when you remove the oil filler cap?

EDIT: just saw you said at idle.

The valve in the IM is just a diaphragm. If this is blown out, I could see it causing these issues both at idle and under boost. At boost you could be adding pressure to the valve cover/crankcase, causing oil to blow through the system. At idle you get too much vacuum causing the loud noise you're hearing.
when I have the small line installed it makes a loud noise and when u remove the valve cover it goes away, when I install the bigger hose it goes away as well.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:01 AM

Because the larger line isn't a restriction. It shouldn't be blowing oil out like that so something is not working. The valve in the im is likely. There really aren't many places where the pcv system could go wrong.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:44 PM

Because the larger line isn't a restriction. It shouldn't be blowing oil out like that so something is not working. The valve in the im is likely. There really aren't many places where the pcv system could go wrong.
So I took everything off about to pull out the turbo, no shaft play at all, and I found this line on the valve cover closed the people who installed this did a **** job I was just at sea, in the military, anyone know what really goes here?
Old 10-15-2017, 08:25 AM

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts
That needs to be routed to your intake.

Normally that line goes to the compressor inlet on the k04. Its just a recirculation hose.

Drill an additional hole into your intake and tap for 3/8 npt. Get a 3/8npt to 3/8 quick disconnect fitting and 2 quick disconnect fittings and some hose. problem solved.

None of the aftermarket turbos have that provision.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:11 AM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
So they put a freaking vacuum cap on it?

As said above, that line normally gets routed back to the intake.

Here is the stock replacement. You will still need to tap the new intake to make it work if it doesn't have a fitting for it.
Engine Crankcase Ventilation Tube 12635643

Below is a pic showing where that line usually runs to on the intake.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:18 AM

That's a different tube, umrdyldo. The one that's capped is an outlet. As omiotek stated, it's normally plugged into the inlet side of the compressor. It provides ventilation during boost via venturi when the IM is pressurized. If it's capped, you don't get PCV during boost. As mentioned, it should be attached pre-compressor so you at least get atmospheric pressure ventilation during boost.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:16 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
That's a different tube, umrdyldo. The one that's capped is an outlet. As omiotek stated, it's normally plugged into the inlet side of the compressor. It provides ventilation during boost via venturi when the IM is pressurized. If it's capped, you don't get PCV during boost. As mentioned, it should be attached pre-compressor so you at least get atmospheric pressure ventilation during boost.
Good call, I reversed my port location.

Search this Thread