2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Welp, time to do some maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, and ZZPerformance wants 600 for a K04, or 2k for a ZFR. If I have to replace the turbo anyway, I'm...torn.

Money...or monster...
Old 05-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by brainchasm
It only smokes after I get into boost and let off. Reading & research says this is classic blown turbo seal.

I wonder if this was starting to happen about the same time I got the flutter, and couldn't get rid of it even with a stock BPV....hmmmm.

Well, today at least I was able to do something: rotors and pads came in! So front rotors and pads done (rotors were warped), rear rotors I bought just for grins, and I'm waiting for the rear pads to ship. Got that stupid little cube tool for the backs, and so they'll be done soon too.

Ran around looking for someone to walnut blast in Las Vegas...everyone looks at me crazy like duh your valves don't get dirty, duh, we use ceramic media, duh we gotta take the whole head off, you'll need a new head gasket, the job's 1600 bucks and I'm just like FFUUUUUU...

I'm gonna end up getting the toys to do it myself from Harbor Freight, unless I can get a hold of the guy on the bimmer forums. He's local, said FU to his stealership wanting $1k for the job, and he's done a bunch of cars now. The work looks gorgeous, but I have to hope and pray the BMW intake port adapter thing fits the LNF as well (it won't, most likely). But at least he has the tools to do the business, if I can find or fab an adapter.

In other news, I suddenly have a fair bit more carbon on my garage floor behind my tailpipe....and no more misfires. I wonder if there was carbon causing the issue that finally got chewed up and spat out. *shrug*
1k for walnut blasting? LMAO what a total rip. its easy, do it urself. just make sure u prep good, that takes the longest. cover everything in plastic and tape all seams and open spaces. and I mean everything. I also had a shop vac there as I was blasting to pick up anything that bounced out. and sucked up blast material after every few blasts.