2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

ZZP Ported Head and S1 Cam Combo Package - debunking thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOHC24powa
Do you really not know what the average stock ss/tc will put down on a dyno?
I'm told 230/230 roughly. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm also assuming those numbers are for a manual and not an automatic.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor

Post 41 just brings me right back to my question lol. Thats why I asked it. If it wasn't working right, why post about it trying to suggest a ported head is a good idea?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
Post 41 just brings me right back to my question lol. Thats why I asked it. If it wasn't working right, why post about it trying to suggest a ported head is a good idea?
Which brings be right back to my question earlier about why you're trying to bring that thread back from the dead.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:14 PM

I know this has nothing to do with the ported head debate, however....

Does this "kit" include the ZZP retainers with the valve springs?

A 0.026" clearance before coil bind is not even close to ideal, heck even with the retainers a 0.051" clearance is still not nessacarly "ideal".

0.060" is widely considered safe, whereas 0.040" is starting to push your luck.

Hopefully this won't end up with the same issue the L61 guys have had.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ProjectScarab
Which brings be right back to my question earlier about why you're trying to bring that thread back from the dead.
Is that not what this whole thread is doing?

ZZP is clearly the problem... lol..
Old 02-07-2011, 03:20 PM

Is that not what this whole thread is doing?
Not by a long shot but thanks for playing.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor

Oh, now I see, clearly it is different lol.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:27 PM

Oh, now I see, clearly it is different lol.
C'mon BYT. You're gonna have to do better than that. I'm just looking at the clock and thinking about how my day just flew. I'm looking forward to more of the same tomorrow!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:36 PM

You know what's hysterical actually. I looked back at the thread I've been banned from and nothing has happened since this morning. Instead we're on post 58 here. I wonder if this thread will hit 500 first
Old 02-07-2011, 03:41 PM

I'm told 230/230 roughly. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm also assuming those numbers are for a manual and not an automatic.
There is your before. Any stock graph will do fine, no need to make matt go back to stock.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...pdates-200854/

Have you read this thread from over a year ago Scarab?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer

I did actually. Great writeup, pics and graphs to support what was being talked about. That is a perfect example of what you guys have done that impressed me. It's also the reason I kept with my project even though I was having problems. Seeing what could be achieved was inspiring. I truly hope that you can continue to update us all the same way in the future.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:13 PM

this ***** is askin for freebies it seems like . show me stats and how it was done so i can do it for cheaper. you might wanna ask ttr on how to copy some1 else work. if you dont like what they are sayin move the **** along, your like a kid that does not understand the word NO.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it that hard to believe that this set up can net a 100hp diff over stock on the LNF's? I don't know a ton about the LNF's, but aren't there a few out there that net over 300whp from a tune alone? You don't think a cam and port/polish and a really good tune can net close to 360 on an otherwise stock turbo/block? Unless you were thinking someone would just plop this on and do nothing else like tune and turn up the boost settings from stock which is rediculous.

The point about possibly seeing less gains with more mods makes sense also. You do realise after a certain point the higher the hp you have the more money it costs to extract that extra bit and the smaller the gains get.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Omnigear
this ***** is askin for freebies it seems like . show me stats and how it was done so i can do it for cheaper. you might wanna ask ttr on how to copy some1 else work. if you dont like what they are sayin move the **** along, your like a kid that does not understand the word NO.
If you don't mind me askin' what exactly did TTR copy?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
subd for later reading
Old 02-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Some times I am completely amazed at the posts on this forum. I don't know about the specific history with this product/install, but it doesn't really make any difference.

First and foremost, before and after dyno results are fairly reliable and the only thing anyone reading should pay attention to. For other than engine and drivetrain products before and after tests should also be done. All the rest is BS opinion.

98% of the "information" on this forum is of the BS opinion type, yet people here believe it, and even worse, they will quote it like gospel.

At my buddy's race shop they have hundreds or thousands of dyno graphs in their computer from the engines they have done over the years. If you want to know what products, or combination of products will provide, it's easy to see by looking at the charts. Any vendor that has a decent amount of experience should have similar data available.

The idea that someone has information on product results and won't post it because "Consumers, such as yourself, are sometimes ignorant to how changing parts can affect their car and the HP. This is why we limit the amount of information given to avoid confusing people and work with people on their individual cars," totally cracks me up.

I don't personally care one way or the other about any particular vendor on the forum, or anywhere. I would just like to see as much realistic test data as possible concerning any product.

Obviously not many people here agree with me and prefer to go by what "some guy," or some vendor told them.

Caveat Emptor, Let the buyer beware.

Dog
Old 02-07-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Omnigear
this person is askin for freebies it seems like. Show me stats and how it was done so i can do it for cheaper.
I already have every component of build upgraded to the point where I'm just looking for cams. Nothing I'm asking for would allow me to do anything cheaper since all the parts are paid for already.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by meldog21
Some times I am completely amazed at the posts on this forum. I don't know about the specific history with this product/install, but it doesn't really make any difference.

First and foremost, before and after dyno results are fairly reliable and the only thing anyone reading should pay attention to. For other than engine and drivetrain products before and after tests should also be done. All the rest is BS opinion.

98% of the "information" on this forum is of the BS opinion type, yet people here believe it, and even worse, they will quote it like gospel.

At my buddy's race shop they have hundreds or thousands of dyno graphs in their computer from the engines they have done over the years. If you want to know what products, or combination of products will provide, it's easy to see by looking at the charts. Any vendor that has a decent amount of experience should have similar data available.

The idea that someone has information on product results and won't post it because "Consumers, such as yourself, are sometimes ignorant to how changing parts can affect their car and the HP. This is why we limit the amount of information given to avoid confusing people and work with people on their individual cars," totally cracks me up.

I don't personally care one way or the other about any particular vendor on the forum, or anywhere. I would just like to see as much realistic test data as possible concerning any product.

Obviously not many people here agree with me and prefer to go by what "some guy," or some vendor told them.

Dog
Has this company not produced tons of other parts for the cobalt and many other cars? Have they not shown vids and graphs of the shop cars with many parts performing very nicely?

I don't know how huge ZZP is, but maybe they don't have a stock cobalt just sitting around. Maybe they don't have all the resources and latest and greatest equipment like some of the really large companies do. So I guess we should just stop supporting the companies that make parts for our cars, which I don't believe any of the main stream ones really do much for us.

Maybe the request in this given situation isn't as reasonable as you think. Is it possible with the companies experience and knowledge they could calculate reasonable reults?

Some people act like this vendor just showed up and has made like 2 things for the cobalt community.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by meldog21

Dog
Heresy! How dare you spout this common sense!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer

You know it was actually good to read those 4 pages again. I'm looking forward to the new turbo arriving in a few weeks and getting back at it. You've renewed my passion

You never know, I might actually be too busy to post here again.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
I brought chips and dip. Spot on the couch for me or should I grab a chair
Old 02-07-2011, 05:39 PM

continue
Old 02-07-2011, 06:15 PM

I just don't understand why it is so hard to just post the graphs from matt's car? As any performance part ever sold they always use the graph from a test vehicle. Even the lonely intake upgrade before and after do this.

If it is worried about the variables fine that is great just disclaimer it "This was made using such and such parts".
I know lots of people are afraid to ask it because of a vendor. I love ZZP some of the best guys out there for any car, they work hard and put time and money into a platform for the people. But I would like to see some B & A graphs. I have seen the ones that were first posted with the cams.

That is all great but if I the "CONSUMER" am about to pay you 2k for a head job & cams "I" (not anyone else) would want to see some results from a vehicle. Hence why "I"(not everyone else) have not paid said shops to port my head.

I hope if Matt just does not just want to post graphs from his car on this subject that maybe a buyer will post some at ZZP for me. I have tax return money and I really am looking to buy , but I am sorry I do not buy blind. I would like to have some examples the same I do on almost any product I buy.

Once again keep up the good work ZZp and please don't take this post the wrong way or I might have to cry in my corner!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^ they already have the "after" graphs posted on E85 that show clear gains.
additionally, we all know what power a stock LNF puts down

Were you looking for the graph of the ZZP cams/head car with pump fuel? or a stock dyno?...
I seriously feel anyone can extrapolate the power curve that the cams/stock turbo puts out with pump gas using the given graphs, and just imagine the E85 graph just 40hp lower with the same curve

Last edited by HunterKiller89; 02-07-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: ZZP Ported Head and S1 Cam Combo Package - debunking thread