Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LNF Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/)
-   -   ZZP tune or Trifecta (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/zzp-tune-trifecta-235681/)

blucavvy 12-06-2010 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by sponge14 (Post 5420923)
hmm... You were shooting off rapid fire posts up until you read about how we have wideband O2's... Care to man up and admit you are wrong?

i was eating dinner with my family. sorry good friend. give me a few.

ssblackstealth 12-06-2010 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by blucavvy (Post 5420810)
if you do the mail order tune that trifecta sends you their "datalogger", ask them if it comes with a hookup for a wideband so that they can read your a/f ratio when they're "tuning".

they base their tune on fuel trims and adjust from their. they don't account for pe.

can they make large amounts of hp with their "tune's". sure. anybody with any basic knowledge can do that.

can they make a tune safe and reliable? i wouldn't trust it in my car that's for damn sure.

as i said, for what it is, i suppose it's effective. but it is in no way even close to dyno tuning or real street tuning.

i have no idea where you sir got ur info on trifecta with ur 11 posts...but yes most of trifectas tunes are via email, these tunes are totally custom to each car, NOT A CANT TUNE!!!!, trifecta doesnt send everyone their cuning cable, and the the data loger is a computer program, it can read anything the factory obd2 port has to offer, which on our cars includes the stock 02 wideband sensor, how could you even tune if you didnt know the afr's?? you obviously have no idea what your talking about..but thats for another time...isnt making large amounts of hp exactly what we are trying to accomplish?? and no sir it takes a lot of know how to tune a car and to also make it safe and reliable! which all are things trifecta has accomplished to say the least, why wouldnt you trust it in your car?!?!?!?! you apparently havent even had it in your car so how do you know anything about it???? how is it not real street tuning?? vince gets every bit of info from the car that a person right next to you would.......he just has the capibilities of doing it miles away! he custom tunes for every specific mod on your car, i really dont understand your logic.....

yes the number of posts means something....if you havent been on here long enough to post more than you have then you obviously kno nothing about these cars....to understand something you have to observe and ask questions about it and go through trial and error, you cant just wake up one morning and understand everything there is to know about cobalts....or tuning for that matter

blucavvy 12-06-2010 10:42 PM

lolz. so many panties in a bunch. ok childen's i obligingly admit i know do not know near enough about the delta platform. my apologies.

Garret 12-06-2010 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by blucavvy (Post 5420595)
trifecta= guys that say they tune without actually even knowing what the car's a/f ratio is. A.K.A. CRAP.

hptuner's endthread/

:lol: get real buddy

Matt M 12-06-2010 10:54 PM

If you would like some custom changes to a ZZP file, contact me. One nice thing about running the ZZP tune is that you can pick up an HP Tuner down the road and make some changes to your existing file. As far as Trifecta tuning, I work with Vince on a regular basis. I'm sure you would be happy with his tune as well.

ssblackstealth 12-07-2010 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by blucavvy (Post 5421240)
lolz. so many panties in a bunch. ok childen's i obligingly admit i know do not know near enough about the delta platform. my apologies.

dude only because you come on here acting like the tune god or something......stop trying to be mr. know-it-all and if you dont know exactly what goes on with some aspect of this site then just do the simple thing and dont post.........yes your opnion is valued, but you need to back your opnion up with facts and details that are known, thanks

heathkidder 12-07-2010 01:46 AM

this guy is jut pissin off every1 2night lol im trifecta tuned by jorden...and its more than what i thought it would be. and although zzp may be just as good, then therefore its ur own choice. but each one will have there positives and negatives.

SSlobalt 12-07-2010 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by blucavvy (Post 5420810)
if you do the mail order tune that trifecta sends you their "datalogger", ask them if it comes with a hookup for a wideband so that they can read your a/f ratio when they're "tuning".

they base their tune on fuel trims and adjust from their. they don't account for pe.

can they make large amounts of hp with their "tune's". sure. anybody with any basic knowledge can do that.

can they make a tune safe and reliable? i wouldn't trust it in my car that's for damn sure.

as i said, for what it is, i suppose it's effective. but it is in no way even close to dyno tuning or real street tuning.

You have made my "idiots to watch out for" list. :)

ssblackstealth 12-07-2010 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by SSlobalt (Post 5421659)

lmao! should start that thread.....

vahdyx 12-07-2010 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M (Post 5421261)
If you would like some custom changes to a ZZP file, contact me. One nice thing about running the ZZP tune is that you can pick up an HP Tuner down the road and make some changes to your existing file. As far as Trifecta tuning, I work with Vince on a regular basis. I'm sure you would be happy with his tune as well.

So pretty much either way I'll be happy...

Damn, I guess I'll go for the cheaper one due to the fact if I do find an HPtuner I can get someone to modify ZZP's tune. But at the same time should I? Both routes seem equally good, but I'm not sure what to do :nuts:

Terminator2 12-07-2010 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Wangspeed (Post 5420622)
I had a chance to look at a canned ZZP tune, and I don't get it at all. The DAL table is fine, and they went conservative there. But in other places, it doesn't make sense at all, like timing. I ended up modifying my friend's tune, and he's much happier with the car now.

Too much timing or too little? PE lambda values?

Terminator2 12-07-2010 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by SSlobalt (Post 5421659)

He is correct on the LSJs but the LNFs have a stock WB that can be data logged with HP Tuners or Trifecta (as far as I know).

nickss/tc 12-07-2010 03:49 PM

im running the zzp ecu right now and have been for over 15,000 miles. i dynoed at 274hp and 339tq here in arizona and have had the car in 115 degree weather and 10 degree weather and i havent had any problems with the car. it runs great, pulls hard and its dependable. i live at 3,000 feet and take it up the mountain here quite often to about 12,000 and still no problems. i would def recommend zzp's tune if your not planning alot of mods and just looking for more power

vahdyx 12-07-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by nickss/tc (Post 5422439)
im running the zzp ecu right now and have been for over 15,000 miles. i dynoed at 274hp and 339tq here in arizona and have had the car in 115 degree weather and 10 degree weather and i havent had any problems with the car. it runs great, pulls hard and its dependable. i live at 3,000 feet and take it up the mountain here quite often to about 12,000 and still no problems. i would def recommend zzp's tune if your not planning alot of mods and just looking for more power

You my friend made it an easy decision for me. Thanks for your experiences. I'm going ZZP then.

turbohornet88 12-07-2010 05:50 PM

enough said. lol. I had an hp tune. im going to try trifecta this time and see what happens. Thanks for starting this thread. I learned some valueble information here.

Stamina 12-07-2010 07:45 PM

The Trifecta cables have an analog input btw... or at least the older one I have does.

If you've got an aftermarket EGT, O2, etc., then you could probably utilize it.

I tried uploading a pic, but it kept giving me an "invalid file" error.

krizlx 12-07-2010 10:01 PM

oh boy did i miss css.net

:cssNET:

blucavvy 12-07-2010 10:39 PM

so then the datalogger for trifecta does utilize information obtained from the factory wideband on the lnf's? can anyone actually confirm that?

and yes i do apologize, i should have done my research before spouting my mouth off. i figured the other eco's available were like the l61 in the respect that they wouldn't come with a standard wideband.

MY BAD. :)

Matt M 12-07-2010 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by blucavvy (Post 5423406)
so then the datalogger for trifecta does utilize information obtained from the factory wideband on the lnf's? can anyone actually confirm that?

and yes i do apologize, i should have done my research before spouting my mouth off. i figured the other eco's available were like the l61 in the respect that they wouldn't come with a standard wideband.

MY BAD. :)

Of course he includes the o2 readings in the data logs.

ecot3c inside 12-07-2010 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by blucavvy (Post 5420595)
trifecta= guys that say they tune without actually even knowing what the car's a/f ratio is. A.K.A. CRAP.

hptuner's endthread/

bold statements like these ^ make me mad like that v

are you retarded? they don't know how to tune? ya, because it's not like they don't look at your logs and adjust accordingly or anything right?

^ disregard it seems like the noob has been told.

blucavvy 12-07-2010 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M (Post 5423443)
Of course he includes the o2 readings in the data logs.

i was simply asking because i suppose i still don't understand how they "tune" an l61, or lsj without wideband readings. i understand the lnf now, it has a factory wideband. great.

no reason for people to continue to get so butthurt over this nonsense. i admitted i was 100% wrong on the lnf tuning.

now i'm just wondering how he tune's without wideband reading's on car's that don't have a wideband.

chevy000 10-26-2011 05:26 AM

I know this is an old thread, I'm sure someone could help me (trying to get some info and ask questions before making a purchase), does this GM stage 1 kit floating around mainly consist of a different resistance MAP sensor and tune (...what else)? I know for boosting ls1's or any n/a gm engine this is the obviously the case, but does the trifecta tune utilize the stock sensors? what bar/how much psi are the stock sensors limited to?

I like the idea of someone else doing the dirty work, especially someone much more experienced. I've been looking for some type of bolt on thread having to do with tuning, what is the limit of these engines/tuning in basically stock form... as in how much power can these things put out with stock turbo/fuel pump (not injectors) and a full array of bolt-ons/tune?

etnies 10-27-2011 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by vahdyx (Post 5420234)
So I've learned a great deal from this site, and I thank you all for your knowledge and opinions. This is my dilemma as of right now. On the 17th of this month I am gonna tune my car. I have a spare ECU coming and that ECU is gonna be tuned either with Trifecta or ZZP. I've learned a lot about Trifecta and HPTuners and this sounds great, I like the "custom" part of it, but I don't know how much "customizing" I'm gonna do. On my desires list is Tune and Lowering springs. Then I'm happy with the car the way it is. It's fast enough and it's sexy enough for my liking. If I do, choose to mod it, it'll probably be exhaust and downpipe, but that's still undecided.

I'm thinking about ZZP because I hear "Canned" tunes are good for stock cars and that's it. A couple of ZZP tune users on this site has stated to me that the fuel trims and air fuel ratios are identical to stock in summer and winter. So If I choose this route I'll be saving $350 not buying the Trifecta cable, $150 if I return the cable. So if I don't do anything else to my car is it worth saving the $150 if not why?

I can also go for the Trifecta "Budget" tune which is also like ZZP's canned tune.

Why would I want Trifecta is I guess what I'm asking if I'm not really customizing anything (parts).

Original Message

i have the zzp tune and i gotta say man its a great upgrade....its going to run you a little less on the wallet part and if your not planning on anything else id say go with it! it does run just a lil bit richer then the gms1 tune but alot of people says the gms1 tune is a lil to lean so take it for what it is lol but all in all its a great tune and zzp will help you all the way, and response times are really good if you message then and when i bought mine they had it to my house in 2 days.