2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

12.9 to 13.2 possible with new upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ULWiz Cobalt SS/SC
Yeah lets not disturb Nick here people, he need to finish my ride. lol

Happy you went with Nick on the Tune part.

I had a part in that disturbance last weekend, looking good so far. Hope it all comes together for you real soon. You thinking of selling the stock head??
Old 09-26-2011, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahhh so thats your car, yeah way to go on the disturbance part, lol

Your ride is a beast though you should be extremely happy.

Not sure whats going on with the head. I know zzp just finished my new one and will be shipping to me shortly. Had plans to have ZZP start the bottom end part shortly and was most likely going to ship it back to them for credit. Really not sure what i am going to do at this point.

Last edited by ULWizSS; 09-26-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:19 AM

Yeah I'm really happy with how it turned out, car came alive with the meth and I had Nick keep it mild so it's safe. Head work and a long tube header, if I ever hear back from the guy, will probably put me over where I want to be which would be real nice.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by klloyd
Yeah I'm really happy with how it turned out, car came alive with the meth and I had Nick keep it mild so it's safe. Head work and a long tube header, if I ever hear back from the guy, will probably put me over where I want to be which would be real nice.
Whats the number you are looking for.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:15 PM

I must say i am happy to be the only project car currently left at BYT. Great strides are suppose to be made this week, so i hope i have something good to post next week.
Really should only be a few weeks from today for this to be completed.

Was hoping the head from zzp might make it in on time and i believe it will. Not sure if nick has time to get it on if not i will be happy just to have my ride back.

Either way will keep everyone posted on how things are going with the build.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I must say i am happy to be the only project car currently left at BYT. Great strides are suppose to be made this week, so i hope i have something good to post next week.
Really should only be a few weeks from today for this to be completed.

Was hoping the head from zzp might make it in on time and i believe it will. Not sure if nick has time to get it on if not i will be happy just to have my ride back.

Either way will keep everyone posted on how things are going with the build.
Now this is what I like to hear!!! Can't wait till it's done so you can take it to the track
Old 09-28-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Now this is what I like to hear!!! Can't wait till it's done so you can take it to the track

Unfortunately this car wont get tracked until i get back to work and in a work truck.
Had to take a layoff from work until nick gets done and then i have to wait for our wawa register rollout to begin again. Until then i need my own vehicle for work

If that happends while the track is still open then the car will make it to the track for sure.
If not i cant afford to track, need to get to work.

Yep pretty shitty, and as far as i know the season down here is close to being over.
Might not happen until next year. A dyno for sure but not 100% on the track part.

Will def take a bunch of vids of the car.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:29 PM

Whats the number you are looking for.
I want to be atleat 300 at the wheels with the M62, no nitrous. I want to do it with just bolt ons and meth but I need to get on a dyno and see where I am before I make bigger purchases (head work). I planned on having the s/c ported this winter but $ fell through so I wont be getting a beater for the time the car would be down. I also have to find a good cat-back but I want it to be real quiet.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:06 PM

I also have to find a good cat-back but I want it to be real quiet.
Custom is the only way to go if you want quiet
Old 09-30-2011, 02:02 PM

I have a guy in NY that has done all the exhaust work on every car I ever owned. Just need to get the car to him and see if he can do mandrel instead of crush bent. If he can then I will let him have at it and see just how quiet we can get it without restricting power.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:33 AM

I want to be atleat 300 at the wheels with the M62, no nitrous. I want to do it with just bolt ons and meth but I need to get on a dyno and see where I am before I make bigger purchases (head work). I planned on having the s/c ported this winter but $ fell through so I wont be getting a beater for the time the car would be down. I also have to find a good cat-back but I want it to be real quiet.
Very Nice
Old 10-01-2011, 01:35 AM

Will be going back up to nick on sun the 9 to drop off the meth so he has it and to pick up the trans i need to ship back to zzp. Will take some pictures and post them up when i get home.

Hope he makes a ton of progress this week on the SS,will keep everyone posted.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:55 AM

Will be going back up to nick on sun the 9 to drop off the meth so he has it and to pick up the trans i need to ship back to zzp. Will take some pictures and post them up when i get home.

Hope he makes a ton of progress this week on the SS,will keep everyone posted.
hopefully you have it before thanksgiving weekend... i will be home
Old 10-01-2011, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by defo98
hopefully you have it before thanksgiving weekend... i will be home
Yeah i am hoping by the 11th myself since thats my bday. Two days later is Nicks birthday.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:18 AM

Yeah i am hoping by the 11th myself since thats my bday. Two days later is Nicks birthday.
alright well I will see you when I get home
Old 10-02-2011, 03:51 PM

Hoping to get some install pics today of at least something being done on the car. But no response as off yet. Def heading back up on sat/sun next week to see whats going on and to drop off some M1.

Here is pretty much what was done in 5 months besides clutch and trans.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:15 PM

Tell us how you REALLY feel!!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:35 PM

Tell us how you REALLY feel!!
You dont want to know and i am not trying to start a online battle with BYT on this build.

He just needs to actually work on it over doing everything else like today where he had two people come up one for install the other for a tune and seafoam. Hell i paid first why are they getting first access. I guess this is what i get for paying for everything up front.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
id be pissed the **** off period this **** isent right man you need to step up and do something about it
Old 10-02-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
id be pissed the **** off period this **** isent right man you need to step up and do something about it
Tried everything, even lost my 60k a year job over this build. Can return to work once i get my car back but until then i am not making any money.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
whats the big hold up with things
Old 10-02-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
whats the big hold up with things

No hold up he just needs to work on it. First month or so we were waiting on a trans so that was the excuse then for not starting it. Not sure what building the exhaust mani had to do with that. Its the biggest piece in this puzzle and its still not done.

Then recently it was i did not want to start until i had a control arm that was bad, again what did that have to do with custom fabbing the exhaust mani.

4months in and apparently the IC was still not there, Yeah

Just recently its been a loss of power due to the storm. Last week Beth his wife was gone so he was stuck with the kids. Every week its something different and from his statements and email has been full speed on it for over 2 months. My results are posted above and this was basically all done while i was there. Showing up next week so will post where things are at. Better make huge leaps and bounds by next week.

This lack of building is causing major stress in my life and with my fiancee. The temp loss of my job is even worse and on top of it i am paying insurance on the car as well for 5 months while it sat still.

I could go on and on but will leave it at this until next week.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member

Honesty i feel very sorry for you bro and this is total bullshit!

Nick just finish the car and stop dicking around with everyone else's. This just makes you look really bad cause this is the second time you have done this. I understand you are busy but everyone is and i know i wouldn't take more on when i have a full plate. I know you can finish this in 2 days if you just put your head down and work cause i seen you do it. I'm not getting on here to bash you but i think you need to pull your **** together if you plan to keep doing this in the future. This is technically your 3rd kit so i would think it would go smoother. I know and you know i'm a ******* but if you have **** going on and need to talk i'll listen and i really hope you can get this resolved.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:57 PM

Tried everything, even lost my 60k a year job over this build. Can return to work once i get my car back but until then i am not making any money.
rental?
Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by RooTBeeR
rental?
Hard to pay for a rental with no job

Not in my budget. If it was i would have solved it that way. Put way to much money into this car with no results. My job is safe for a while and i pretty much took a leave of absence. So no cant afford to rent a car currently. Getting married in april so all our money went to pay for that.

This build was not suppose to take this long, hence i did not budget for a rental either.

Quick Reply: 12.9 to 13.2 possible with new upgrades?