2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Can't wait!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait!

The hub and pulley are still in the mail, but I can't wait to install this! (Lucas 42's, harness and stage 2 pulley)
Old 06-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

nice man, same set up as me. Love it, but i want MORE!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:30 PM

what size pulley?
Old 06-11-2009, 05:57 PM

3.0" just going basic stage 2 for now.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Brenticus
3.0" just going basic stage 2 for now.
are you doing the GM stage 2 tune or HPT?
Old 06-11-2009, 06:33 PM

trifecta.

and on that note i'll be sure to let you guys know what i think of the trifecta tune on an LSJ. i've heard really good things myself.

Last edited by Brenticus; 06-11-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Banned

Electric tape those wires up better lots of places for them to rub under there for potential problems haha
Old 06-11-2009, 06:36 PM

yeah. that's them straight out of the package.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:50 AM
Banned

DON'T get a trifecta tune, I am finally ready to come out and say that I officially DISLIKE vince's tunes. I am sorry to say it but this is not the first, not the second, but THIRD car I have tuned tonight that has had a trifecta tune that was "incorrect".

I highly recommend you find a tuner who travels cough cough, or someone in your area with hptuners, or just buying the program and then purchasing a tune.

If you would like I can have the client I tuned tonight chime in about how much he hated his trifecta tune and how much he likes the proper tune I gave him. Canned tunes are NEVER as good as personally fined tuned machines and they will never make as much power as safely, period.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:38 AM

anyone else agree with this?
Old 06-15-2009, 02:13 PM

the rest of the parts came in the mail today.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Banned

thats gonna be a sweet setup bro, if you need a tune let me know i am heading down that way anyways for another client .
Old 06-15-2009, 11:05 PM

how much do you charge? and when are you coming? get me a good list of testimonials and i'll concider it.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:59 AM
Banned

Search around there are tons of threads people have made or people who have "tuned by zach06cobaltsc" in there sigs. As far as the pricing pm me and we can talk about that there.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 AM

Should of waited I would have sold you my stage 2 stuff cheaper once I go ottp stage 1
Old 06-16-2009, 01:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zach06CobaltSC
DON'T get a trifecta tune, I am finally ready to come out and say that I officially DISLIKE vince's tunes. I am sorry to say it but this is not the first, not the second, but THIRD car I have tuned tonight that has had a trifecta tune that was "incorrect".

I highly recommend you find a tuner who travels cough cough, or someone in your area with hptuners, or just buying the program and then purchasing a tune.

If you would like I can have the client I tuned tonight chime in about how much he hated his trifecta tune and how much he likes the proper tune I gave him. Canned tunes are NEVER as good as personally fined tuned machines and they will never make as much power as safely, period.
what exactly what wrong with the tunes? what cars were they on and what mods were done before/ after the tune and did he (the clients) make sure enough logging was done ?

and since when is trifecta a canned tune? the only difference between you tuning the car and vince tuning it is where the tuner is sitting..

is my car running? driving, beaten on daily and dyno'd 250+ whp on a lesser tune? theres no way my car would be running if it was a "canned" tune..

thats pretty shady you say you don't like the tunes.. but don't say why and plug your own services.. not to mention.. if anything was wrong with the tune.. vince has no problem fixing his mistakes

not to mention.. if he's just got stage 2 .. it's not rocket science ..
Old 06-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Banned

I have no problem fixing any mistakes that I might make along while working either. The only reason I do not like vince's tunes on the lsj is because I have tuned several that had 60lbers and a 2.8 pulley that were running like pure garbage. I can have the clients chime in with what was all done to the car and the before and after from the tuning. It was actually one of the first times I could FEEL a difference at idle on a tune lol. Granted on a stg2 tune its not rocket science by any means, however I have seen some of vinces lsj tunes out in chicago that just aren't running right for some reason, after several different tries the clients finally decided to come to me.

I have nothing personal against vince, in fact I went to him for help early in the week. I think he is a very stand up guy and I think the work that he does is generally great, but like anyone mistakes can be made and I have seen a few.

That really is all I am stating, hopefully you don't take offense to it.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:24 AM

The wires are golden, thats actually a well made harness.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 AM

I have no problem fixing any mistakes that I might make along while working either. The only reason I do not like vince's tunes on the lsj is because I have tuned several that had 60lbers and a 2.8 pulley that were running like pure garbage. I can have the clients chime in with what was all done to the car and the before and after from the tuning. It was actually one of the first times I could FEEL a difference at idle on a tune lol. Granted on a stg2 tune its not rocket science by any means, however I have seen some of vinces lsj tunes out in chicago that just aren't running right for some reason, after several different tries the clients finally decided to come to me.

I have nothing personal against vince, in fact I went to him for help early in the week. I think he is a very stand up guy and I think the work that he does is generally great, but like anyone mistakes can be made and I have seen a few.

just saying that if you want my business you can PM me a price and add a few links as testimonials. i'm not going to look for them myself when nearly everyone has told me that vince is the guy to go to and all of the sudden you come in here saying he's not worth trusting for a tune, but you'd take the business. it's not that i don't want to listen to you, but the self-promoting immediately afterward from someone i've never met just seems shady.
hell, you may both be great, but you have to earn my business. you haven't offended me or anything, but that's proper business promotion.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no offense taken however when you make a statement like that you gotta have a reason thats all

the few lsj tunes i've done with vince have been running perfect one was just stage 2 the other was just minor bolt ons though

.. it just weird that given his ability to get my car to run 60's and my car runs great (knock on wood) hell i dont even have the dreaded 60 sweeping idle.. car starts up and idles perfect lol hell with 60's and the blower my car idles and runs better then it did before i boosted lol i mean everyone has their opinions but i just didnt want you shooting **** out there and not giving a reason .. esp when you promote yourself afterward looks weird ya know

Originally Posted by Brenticus
just saying that if you want my business you can PM me a price and add a few links as testimonials. i'm not going to look for them myself when nearly everyone has told me that vince is the guy to go to and all of the sudden you come in here saying he's not worth trusting for a tune, but you'd take the business. it's not that i don't want to listen to you, but the self-promoting immediately afterward from someone i've never met just seems shady.
hell, you may both be great, but you have to earn my business. you haven't offended me or anything, but that's proper business promotion.
pretty much what i was saying lol

Last edited by elecblue06; 06-16-2009 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 AM

i dont know anything about vince but I can personally speak of zach. He is truly one of the most stand up guys I've ever met on any forum. Not to mention the great tune i got from him and the extra 4 hours of work he lent me a hand with trying to get my car fixed(which was an error on my part when i installed the exhaust, had nothing to do with tuning, my car wasnt running when he came). So for what its worth I'll personally vouch for him all day long...
Old 06-16-2009, 09:34 PM

i've been looking around and i believe in him, but i think i'm going to stick with vince, trifecta and clear image. they all have good rep and i can program my car as soon as the parts are in plus future updates will cost less. all and all, a great deal.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 PM

got the car staged today and it pulls hard!!! vince did a great job as far as i can tell.