2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Charger lift?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tennpenn83
that's exactly what happened with mine

Ryze, I'll be expecting my $10 here shortly, as you said you'd paypal me right now if I proved you wrong - which I did.

bump... where's my $10, Ryze?
LOL so your telling me that your valve cover ONLY leaked only coolant, you didn't prove any one wrong but yourself...it wasn't your valve cover gasket that leaked the coolant it was your headgasket.. Oil and coolant mixed, therefor you do not know how to tell the difference between oil and coolant. Because IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE VALVE COVER TO leak just coolant
Show where this coolant came from in the head, under the VALVE cover, and i'll gladly pay you.

try searching the internet some more
http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...sket-leak.html

hell even bikes are the same way
http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/r...k-coolant.html

Let me explain, why your not going to get your $10.

Your headgasket blew/head lifted, what ever you want to call it. Your valve cover may have been leaking also. happens all the time.
headgasket blew, Oil mixed with coolant, oil now because of milky color. (they are not separate remember, OIL AND COOLANT are now mixed together) Therefore they are NOT a clear fluid anymore
Originally Posted by Ryze
the residue is def. clear with no type of smell or lubrication of any kind like coolant...head gasket is not blown, no smoke, no mixing, no milk, runs and drives fine
Now, I say the fluid is CLEAR with no type of lubrication/smell.. No signs of head gasket failure.

You precede to tell me that your head lifted (same thing as a headgasket failure, fluid is going around the gasket) causing coolant to go into the oil.

Now can oil float on coolant, yes, but what happens when you put rotating parts through it at high rates of speed.. of coarse it mixes and turns a milky color.

Now your precede to say that coolant was brought up in to the head, where it decided it wanted to leak out of the valve cover gasket, without any oil. Even though they are MIXED together.. I guess gaskets decide what kind of fluid they let out and what the keep in? Oh and they can pull fluids apart that are mixed together.
I find that hard to believe.

So now you've gone out of your way to try help me, because you suggest that if my valve cover gasket is leaking just coolant, that i must have lifted the head. and all that is leaving a CLEAR residue with no signs on lubrication/smell on the front half of my intake manifold. and NO other signs of a headgasket/head lift failure..

the only thing you proved to anyone is that,
1) you don't know the difference between oil, coolant, clear fluid, and a milky mix of oil and coolant.
2)You guess right, when you thought your headgasket failed.
3)you think that gaskets are magic and can tell the difference between a mixed fluid, enough to allow only one part/type of it to come through
4)you think that the coolant is thin enough to go through the RUBBER valve cover gasket, but not the RUBBER water pump gasket, the RUBBER o-ring gasket on the back of the block for the t-stat housing, the RUBBER o-rings inside the intake manifold for the laminova cores, and the RUBBER o-ring gasket for the intake manifold endplate..

Last edited by Ryze; 07-18-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2009, 07:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ryze. NOW you're qualifying your previous statements by saying it has t ONLY leak coolant. But, your bet was that it wouldnt leak coolant... not solely coolant, but just coolant. You cant go bakc and try and re-word it. You owe $10 if you're a man of your word
Old 07-19-2009, 01:22 AM

knock it off.. the man wants some help.

Could your liquid be your meth mix? Wondering, have you tried a log while not spraying and see if you have the same issue?
Old 07-19-2009, 01:37 AM

LOL so your telling me that your valve cover ONLY leaked only coolant, you didn't prove any one wrong but yourself...it wasn't your valve cover gasket that leaked the coolant it was your headgasket.. Oil and coolant mixed, therefor you do not know how to tell the difference between oil and coolant. Because IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE VALVE COVER TO leak just coolant
Show where this coolant came from in the head, under the VALVE cover, and i'll gladly pay you.

try searching the internet some more
http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...sket-leak.html

hell even bikes are the same way
http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/r...k-coolant.html

Let me explain, why your not going to get your $10.

Your headgasket blew/head lifted, what ever you want to call it. Your valve cover may have been leaking also. happens all the time.
headgasket blew, Oil mixed with coolant, oil now because of milky color. (they are not separate remember, OIL AND COOLANT are now mixed together) Therefore they are NOT a clear fluid anymore

Now, I say the fluid is CLEAR with no type of lubrication/smell.. No signs of head gasket failure.

You precede to tell me that your head lifted (same thing as a headgasket failure, fluid is going around the gasket) causing coolant to go into the oil.

Now can oil float on coolant, yes, but what happens when you put rotating parts through it at high rates of speed.. of coarse it mixes and turns a milky color.

Now your precede to say that coolant was brought up in to the head, where it decided it wanted to leak out of the valve cover gasket, without any oil. Even though they are MIXED together.. I guess gaskets decide what kind of fluid they let out and what the keep in? Oh and they can pull fluids apart that are mixed together.
I find that hard to believe.

So now you've gone out of your way to try help me, because you suggest that if my valve cover gasket is leaking just coolant, that i must have lifted the head. and all that is leaving a CLEAR residue with no signs on lubrication/smell on the front half of my intake manifold. and NO other signs of a headgasket/head lift failure..

the only thing you proved to anyone is that,
1) you don't know the difference between oil, coolant, clear fluid, and a milky mix of oil and coolant.
2)You guess right, when you thought your headgasket failed.
3)you think that gaskets are magic and can tell the difference between a mixed fluid, enough to allow only one part/type of it to come through
4)you think that the coolant is thin enough to go through the RUBBER valve cover gasket, but not the RUBBER water pump gasket, the RUBBER o-ring gasket on the back of the block for the t-stat housing, the RUBBER o-rings inside the intake manifold for the laminova cores, and the RUBBER o-ring gasket for the intake manifold endplate..
Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
Ryze. NOW you're qualifying your previous statements by saying it has t ONLY leak coolant. But, your bet was that it wouldnt leak coolant... not solely coolant, but just coolant. You cant go bakc and try and re-word it. You owe $10 if you're a man of your word
1. Nowhere did I say that the valve cover leaked just coolant. Nowhere else did I say that the valve cover was the only thing leaking.
2. The headgasket did not fail. The head bolts did.
3. Oil is thicker than coolant/water. Coolant is more likely to leak out of a rubber valve cover gasket than oil. It is possible for the two to separate at the valve cover gasket. It is also possible to have both leaking out of the valve cover gasket.

You really are a *******. A "Master ASE Certified" *******.

A "Master ASE Certified *******" that owes me $10.

lol.
Pull of your valve cover and show me how coolant got there. If you can..you better be buying your self a new head because you got some MAJOR issues.
Coolant will not LEAK from the valve cover gasket, that fluid is more than likely OIL.
Please prove me wrong, if you can, I will paypal you $10 right now.
Quoted, in case you forgot your original call-out.

Last edited by Tennpenn83; 07-19-2009 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-19-2009, 03:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
3. Oil is thicker than coolant/water.
while i agree he owe3s you...oil is not thicker. its thinner...hence why oil floats during oil spills...
Old 07-19-2009, 09:30 AM

while i agree he owe3s you...oil is not thicker. its thinner...hence why oil floats during oil spills...
ah!

now that i'm sober i see that you're right and i was drunk...
Old 07-19-2009, 05:19 PM

Coolant will not LEAK from the valve cover gasket, that fluid is more than likely OIL.
Please prove me wrong, if you can, I will paypal you $10 right now.

Quoted, in case you forgot your original call-out.
Originally Posted by tennpenn83
1. Nowhere did I say that the valve cover leaked just coolant. Nowhere else did I say that the valve cover was the only thing leaking.
Being that the timing chain is lubricated with oil right next to the oil pan, oil is brought up to the cams to also keep them lubricated. The stock rubber valve cover gasket is crap anyway, but it keeps in the oil pretty good (usually). Coolant, which was mixed with the oil, is very much thinner than oil,[/SIZE] and was able to make its way through the gasket (which is designed to keep in oil, not coolant), not just on the side I showed you, but also on the front, by the fuel rail, which ended up dripping down to the intake manifold also. I am not retarded. I know the difference between coolant and oil.
Originally Posted by tennpenn
ah!

now that i'm sober i see that you're right and i was drunk..
Originally Posted by ryze
therefor you do not know how to tell the difference between oil and coolant. Because IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE VALVE COVER TO leak just coolant
I say that the fluid is more than likely oil, you say no it was coolant.. precede to say that coolant was thinner than oil causing it to come out of the valve cover gasket but keeping oil in, But then someone else corrects you, and now you are drunk.

Once again I'll say it, your coolant leak, obviously was not just coolant. But a mix of OIL and COOLANT.. Trying to help some one by saying look for only coolant around the valve cover, helps no one, because it still is IMPOSSIBLE to leak coolant from the from the valve cover. It will not be clear, it will have some lubrication qualities, and it will have a smell.
So NO you did not go out of your way to help me, No just coolant did not just leak out of your valve cover gasket. No your not going to get $10, because you proved nothing.
Head bolt failure is still a head gasket failure ALSO, fluid got around the gasket which it is not supposed to do
I'm done arguing with you, you can leave the thing in your signature, because I really don't care.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:51 PM

I say that the fluid is more than likely oil, you say no it was coolant.. precede to say that coolant was thinner than oil causing it to come out of the valve cover gasket but keeping oil in, But then someone else corrects you, and now you are drunk.

Once again I'll say it, your coolant leak, obviously was not just coolant. But a mix of OIL and COOLANT.. Trying to help some one by saying look for only coolant around the valve cover, helps no one, because it still is IMPOSSIBLE to leak coolant from the from the valve cover. It will not be clear, it will have some lubrication qualities, and it will have a smell.
So NO you did not go out of your way to help me, No just coolant did not just leak out of your valve cover gasket. No your not going to get $10, because you proved nothing.
Head bolt failure is still a head gasket failure ALSO, fluid got around the gasket which it is not supposed to do
I'm done arguing with you, you can leave the thing in your signature, because I really don't care.
you are about as dumb as they come. have you ever opened up an lsj?

head bolts failed... head gasket did not. even after 20+ psi of boost plus coolant flowing past it, the headgasket still held. do you even know what the stock headgasket is made out of?

take a look at this picture, and tell me that is not coolant? again, i refer you back to your original call-out :

"Coolant will not LEAK from the valve cover gasket.
Please prove me wrong, if you can, I will paypal you $10 right now."

you can re-word it any way you want to, but in the end, you still owe me $10.

i'm actually curious about this. i know oil floats, because it is less dense than water (or in this case, coolant). but now that i think about it, even though it floats, it should still be thicker than water. remember them pictures of ducks covered in oil after an oil barge spilled?

idk... let me look that one up.. i've never had to know this fact until now

after looking this up for a few minutes, i retract this statement :

ah!

now that i'm sober i see that you're right and i was drunk...

oil is indeed thicker than water, and it becomes thinner as it is heated up. oil is less dense than water, and that's why it will float.

Last edited by Tennpenn83; 07-19-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-19-2009, 08:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Okay guys I am a:

And this has gotten ridiculous.......First of all it is absolutely possible for only coolant to leak from from a camshaft cover gasket(since we are all ASE Master Techs and using proper terminology), coolant is much thinner than oil and it can work its way past an otherwise "good" seal. You absolutely CAN have a coolant leak without a head gasket failure(not that this was part of the wager from what see)

As far as your problem Ryze I am actually not super willing to offer advice after the way you guys have been acting but lets look at the basics.... You get a clear, non smell non slippery buildup.......That right there doesnt make sense......

Clear residue: incredibly rare to have a clear liquid other than water in a car, and water doesnt leave "residue" like I think you are talking about...you sure it doesnt have a color?

No smell at all: again very rare outside of water, meth smells, brake fluid smells, every fluid on the car except water smells....

Non slippery: no lubrication properties.....this is really weird for two reasons.....if it doesnt have lube qualities how is it sticking and leaving residue? if it isnt a lube of some sort why doesnt it evaporate? I dont know of any clear fluids that dont evaporate readily at underhood temps and have no notable lubricity.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:33 PM

does everyone calve cover has a vsmall leak there??? i had to replace the whole cover because of warpage... idk what caused it but i tryed the gasket at first and then whe i put the cover down on the table the right side( passanger) just like urs was bent about 2cm up... quite a bit.... but yeah cmon coolant can get there... 1 small leak / crack or head problem and it will be pumped to the top just like oil... good luck finding out problem bud.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 PM

I don't have any "flutter" in my boost pressure. Vacuum is ~17.5 at idle. My AFR is 11.6-11.8 at WOT.

And boost on the TVS isn't "snappy" like the M62. The TVS gradually builds boost all the way to redline. With my car, at ~40mph in 2nd, I'll go WOT and it will start at about 13psi, but by the time I hit redline I am pushing 20psi(7200).

I honestly do not know what the issue is with your car, and this thread has made a turn for the worst so I'm going to see my way out of it after this.

Oh, and BTW, if you made a bet and lost, be a man and pay up.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:47 PM

Let's say somebody was foolish enough to use vaseline. It's light/clear, can be sticky after being heated and not slippery, and if heated enough can leave a dry residue. Seems to be the only thing I can think of that would qualify as to this mysterious residue.

Or, could the water in the water/meth mix be hard water from the tap? Hard water has lots of calcium and leaves residue, non-slippery, and can evaporate. Residue doesn't have to be wet in order to be residue.

Either way, sounds like the SC to IM gasket may be defective. BTW, I'm not a ASE tech.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
hard water stains are white depending on concetrations of calcium or mineral content and reddish brown with high iron content. Clear isnt anything that remotely comes to mind when I think water stains....Petroleum jelly is an interesting thought, but I have no idea if it gets "not slippery" when hot. And petroleum jelly has a very unique odor thats hard to miss.....
Old 07-20-2009, 10:25 AM

thank maven for setting the facts straight.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
thank maven for setting the facts straight.
you will never see your money that sob ryze owes me for a crank relucter that he never paid me for
Old 07-20-2009, 08:22 PM

yeah, i figured as much when the "master ase certified tech" didn't know much about cars. i'm not counting it as a loss, just bad judgment on my part for trying to help the guy
Old 07-24-2009, 06:09 PM

:bump:

Ryze... where's my $10 ??
Old 08-17-2009, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
you will never see your money that sob ryze owes me for a crank relucter that he never paid me for
you might be right, buddy - still havent received my money yet

bump for my $10
Old 10-17-2009, 10:21 PM

2 month bump. any payment?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:59 PM

lol... nope. don't think i have any reason to expect it at this point
Old 02-17-2010, 12:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol... nope. don't think i have any reason to expect it at this point
Dam. There was some major pwnage in this thread!

Ryze should man up.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:38 AM

its been a while. think i will ever see it?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No but I am with you eBristol and Maven on this one. Good for the lawlz. And blazin really did describe the TVS response. You grow to love it....and to wonder how far you dare rev it to see if it ever stops pulling. I bet Area47 has seen 8k....and it didnt qwit....lol
Old 02-17-2010, 11:20 AM

its been a while. think i will ever see it?
lol @ the 7 month bump.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:26 PM

you can thank eb

Quick Reply: Charger lift?