Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   Cobalt-Addiction Meth/water Inj (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/cobalt-addiction-meth-water-inj-27887/)

06blackg85ss 08-04-2006 11:18 AM

yeah stock should be no problem for heat but once you start gettin the charger spinning faster and faster., heat becomes a real issue, my car after only a few blocks will burn the sh*t outta your hand... hopefully this helps... installing tonight so I'll post some results.,

SnowTech.3 08-04-2006 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by sethallen
how does hydrolock not occur? this sprays into the intake, correct?

We are injecting about 10-15% of the amount of gasoline going into the engine, so it is actually a very small amount.

Have you ever had a plug wire come off? The engine will run fine with that amount of gasoline going through unburnt without hydrolocking. It is a non-issue, as the water is completely converted to steam, and the methanol is simply burned like gasoline.

If it could cause damage like hydrolocking, I guarantee you that fighter and bomber pilots in WWII would NOT have used it. And they used it a lot.

Honestly, one of the engine developers in WWII was testing water-alcohol injection and wanted to see how much an engine would take - he injected so much that half the cylinders were completely missing (not firing) and water was pouring out the exhausts - but it was still running without any damage at all. I believe it was Frank Miller at Boeing that did those tests, but I can't remember 100%.

SnowTech.3 08-04-2006 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
Well its supplied with a 125psi pump from a resevior (you can use -30 deg windshield washer fluid 1.99-2.99 a gal) it runs off an adj maf sensor which increases flow per maf signal (amount of air ingested into intake) It cools your intake charge off quite dramitcally and helps keep air temps after the blower down too, plus the addition of methanol basically bumps your octane level to somewhere around 110 so you can run a race gas tune on 93 octane pump gas....

150psi pump, not 125. Although you can reduce it to below 100psi if you want. We also carry a 220psi pump if the situation requires more volume with a given injector nozzle, etc.

We typically see intake temps drop in the 60-100 deg F range, though with the heat you guys are generating, I wouldn't doubt larger drops than that.

The most gains are usually with a 50/50 water/methanol mix - most -20 deg washer fluid is 30/70 meth/water. Lower temp fluid you need to be really careful it doesn't have propylene glycol (anti-freeze). If it does have that, do NOT use it.

06blackg85ss 08-05-2006 02:18 AM

just installed it tonight.... shit is great... only running -20 washer fluid in it now but the s/c I can actually toucj after floggin it... also the throttle body is cold too... I can't wait to tune for it this week... by the way how much is the gallon of boost juice you guys sell? and are there any retailer in NYC... snow performance setup is the sh*T... thanks for a great product... P.s. I ended up using my washer fluid tank (1.5 gal I think) so I have a low fluid warning in my dash... still needs some adjustment,, but damn the car hauls ass and stays consistant... Kenny from C/A should be posting up some pics from the install to clear some install things up... but all and all it was pretty easy to put in and well worth it.

06blackg85ss 08-05-2006 02:19 AM

by the way big thanks to Kenny at cobalt-addiction to help me get it finished...

Dead Zen 08-05-2006 02:47 AM

I am most definenetly down with this, but i have some ?'s. right now i am stock boost wise, but it is something i have thought about putting on, and i will get GM stage 2 with a PB 2.8 eventually. So basically can anyone say what the hp gains are? I know cooler the air fuel mix more combustion blah blah blah. Would it hurt doing this stock? Do i need i custom tune to run this?? Thats all i think, someone just convince me of anything else i haven't asked.

:guns: Rick:guns:

06blackg85ss 08-05-2006 10:02 AM

I personally haven't had a chance to tune for it... trying to get to a dyno this week to show before and after gains for you guys.... but my car isn't pulling timing anymore and I can definately feel an increase in power, car pulls much harder from 3500 + no more bogging and such.... I ran a dude that usually stays pretty close with me and pulled hard on him last night,.,, and this is just with the tune I was running before hand... stock I really don't see a huge gain, but it will still help, you can run more timing and you intake temps will be much colder which always helps... but once you go to stg II you will definately notice a bigger difference... If my car was still stock I"d probably install anyway.

06blackg85ss 08-05-2006 10:29 AM

Oh yeah on a side note, for a limited time only cobalt-addiction will be selling the snow performance inj kit, stg II with gm maf translator for $439 w/free shipping for the first few kits.

06blackg85ss 08-05-2006 07:23 PM

bump

Joewit 08-06-2006 12:36 AM

Whens Cobalt Addiction going to be doing live tunes or are they already.

06blackg85ss 08-06-2006 02:56 PM

soon... working on a day when we can rent the dyno.. I"ll keep you posted

mattyfinch 08-06-2006 04:10 PM

You really need to get to a dyno, this kit really offers great gains through the amount of timing u CAN ADD to the system, using a maft or hptuners etc. We will be adding a tonne of timing to mine, and my buddies, it essentially runs like its on 116 octane gas, giving us a great amount of power to be made, not ust off the cooling effect, but off the increased efficiency of the engine and s/c

mattyfinch 08-06-2006 04:13 PM

for reference, with my mods, and the timing advances we are adding on the 17th once everything is installed, i would expect close to 300 whp if not slightly more.

06blackg85ss 08-06-2006 05:27 PM

thats what I"m aiming for.... I didn't retune because I"m putting the bigger Heat Exchanger in on tues.... than I"m gonna bump the timing up nice... right now I"m running 24 deg of timing... with no retard so I"m just gonna bump it up a little at a time and see how far I can go... I"m expecting to run around 28-32 total timing... I was just testing to see how it felt with my current tune (was pulling timing after only 1 run to 80) so far I did 4 consecutive runs to 100 with no timing being pulled so far so good,.

06blackg85ss 08-08-2006 11:20 PM

bump//// check c/a's website has a pic of my run with the meth up there.... check it out

slacker 08-08-2006 11:30 PM

Well I would not run washer fluid I have a kit we put together from alkycontrol been in 21/2 weeks tried washer fluid sux denatured alcohol (12.00 a gallon) got methonal run it full strength you can run 50/50 I get it for $3.50 gallon it will all most frost intake and 1st few inchs of S/C :twothumbs i'll post pics can't find cable to down load

06blackg85ss 08-08-2006 11:32 PM

I just picked up a 5 gallon jug of vp racing methanol... big difference,,, only place that sells it was by c/a... didn't get a chance to get back out there til today.

slacker 08-08-2006 11:40 PM

Know what you mean was playin around with a turbo mazda protege he said he know I did something it was blown flames I don't know about that but big diffrence I hope to be tuned next week Jeremey wife just had baby taking week off Is yours progressive and what point does it start to blow Mine has 300 PSI pump and starts at 6 lbs of boost and progreses with boost

slacker 08-08-2006 11:47 PM

Funnt just noticed it said I'm a new member been here for almost 9 months my membership ran out I guess:cssNET: I'll let you know where I'm at next week hope to have my cluch by then any pics of that

patathSS 08-08-2006 11:48 PM

Be careful how much methanol you inject before the blower. A lot of W/I companies say a mixture to a certain point won't hurt but methanol is very corrosive. Also, 06black do you have any hpt logs? I'd like to see one.

*TRIX* 08-08-2006 11:56 PM

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...d/CIMG1611.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...d/CIMG1610.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...d/CIMG1609.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...d/CIMG1612.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...d/CIMG1613.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...d/CIMG1614.jpg

06blackg85ss 08-09-2006 07:31 AM

haha nice pics man.... you can check my log runs at cobalt-addiction.com under performance/forced induction. I have a progressive gm maf based system... good lord 300 psi pump is a bit too big... I'm runnin a 150psi and its fine. I have it come on at 4.5 vols and full on at 6.0 volts. its the snowperformance stg II kit...

06blackg85ss 08-09-2006 08:40 AM

bump.

patathSS 08-09-2006 08:49 AM

The only logs I see are under the heat exchanger section. Also, it doesn't look like you are running 24 degrees of timing in those logs. I wondered if you had one from the W/I or ae those logs W/I and the HE?

06blackg85ss 08-09-2006 08:58 AM

oh yeah... I forgot those were without the meth inj... do you have the hp software.. if so I'll send you the log run in total.