2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Exhaust Too Loud? Walker Quiet Flow FTW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Forgot to mention I have a magnaflow resonator in it. I don't know what sounds so terrible about it but there's not much more I can do it make it sound "good". My main goal was to make it quieter. It's much quieter than the Super Turbo and much much quieter than the Borla.

Last edited by Bluelightning; 05-12-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now it seems as if all the engine noise is gone and only left the raspy/rattling sound
Old 05-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by nizzle
Now it seems as if all the engine noise is gone and only left the raspy/rattling sound
Ya it's defiantly raspy. But it was raspy with every muffler I ran. I guess the only way to get rid of that would be a different resonator but I've looked and looked and there's nothing I can find that will make a huge difference. Still waiting on ZZPs new one they have in the works.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My gmpp exhaust with catless downpipe only have a small amount of rasp before I went catless I had no rasp
Old 05-12-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Ya it's defiantly raspy. But it was raspy with every muffler I ran. I guess the only way to get rid of that would be a different resonator but I've looked and looked and there's nothing I can find that will make a huge difference. Still waiting on ZZPs new one they have in the works.
my super turbo setup is not nearly that raspy. I will make a vid this weekend.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Got Bewst?

Don't know what to tell ya guys. The title of the thread wasn't my car sounds the best haha. But it's quiet. If ur car sounds better that's awesome. But I'm catted with a resonator so there's not much more I can do for rasp. Maybe it's just the Ottp long tube that's doing it.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Got Bewst?

But I would tend to agree with nizzle. The exhaust is so quiet that all you hear is rasp now
Old 05-12-2011, 05:03 PM

I dunno man... My ZZP midlength header/downpipe and megan cat-back doesn't have that much rasp if ANY at all. Granted it's loud as **** when WOT but not raspy. I have youtube videos of mine up if you want to hear it.

But if YOU like it, that's all that really matters.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:43 PM

Sounds. Like. Pooh. A turbo will fix this.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by rekameohs_nire
that sounds pretty terrible imo. and far from silent
agreed, it sounds like a tin can almost honda like. that guy should of kept the dynomax on instead. I luv mine and it doesn't sound farty or tinny like the walker muffler. dynomax ftw!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by springerdesigner
I dunno man... My ZZP midlength header/downpipe and megan cat-back doesn't have that much rasp if ANY at all. Granted it's loud as **** when WOT but not raspy. I have youtube videos of mine up if you want to hear it.

But if YOU like it, that's all that really matters.
Well I'd would obviously like less rasp but I want quiet exhaust more. IMO the quieter the exhaust, the more you are going to hear rasp. I would probably change the resonator once something like the whisper comes out

Originally Posted by olivecj
agreed, it sounds like a tin can almost honda like. that guy should of kept the dynomax on instead. I luv mine and it doesn't sound farty or tinny like the walker muffler. dynomax ftw!
My car sounded terrible with the Super Flow. Wayyy worse than this. But every car is going to sound different with different exhaust set ups regardless of the muffler. All I heard was loud exhaust at WOT. In cab I hardly hear my exhaust now and listen to charger whine which is what I was looking for.

Last edited by Bluelightning; 05-12-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:23 PM

Well I'd would obviously like less rasp but I want quiet exhaust more. IMO the quieter the exhaust, the more you are going to hear rasp. I would probably change the resonator once something like the whisper comes out

My car sounded terrible with the Super Flow. Wayyy worse than this. But every car is going to sound different with different exhaust set ups regardless of the muffler. All I heard was loud exhaust at WOT. In cab I hardly hear my exhaust now and listen to charger whine which is what I was looking for.
As long as you are only worried about what you listen for and not worried about what everyone else on the road is hearing when you go by.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Got Bewst?

As long as you are only worried about what you listen for and not worried about what everyone else on the road is hearing when you go by.
I've gone through 3 mufflers in 1 week. Every single one of them had rasp. But was way louder.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:29 PM

I've gone through 3 mufflers in 1 week. Every single one of them had rasp. But was way louder.
gotcha but a slightly louder exhaust note might cover up some of the rasp and would sound better IMO. But, to each his own and if you like it that's all that matters.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:32 PM

i feel you pain lol. i have a force muffler on mine now. its sounds decent until 2700-3100 rpm and gets loud then after it sound good again. it drives me crazy but i was told with a header ill have that problem. I think if the force came with some kind of packing it would sound alot better.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Got Bewst?

gotcha but a slightly louder exhaust note might cover up some of the rasp and would sound better IMO. But, to each his own and if you like it that's all that matters.
It probably would your right. Which is why a lot of people are saying my doesn't have that much rasp ect. I'll paitently await for ZZP to release that new quiet resonator and hopefully get the best of both worlds.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by red06s/c
i feel you pain lol. i have a force muffler on mine now. its sounds decent until 2700-3100 rpm and gets loud then after it sound good again. it drives me crazy but i was told with a header ill have that problem. I think if the force came with some kind of packing it would sound alot better.
Lol I wish I had clips of my last 2 mufflers. Then people might understand. Does it sound tinny? Ya. But I don't think it sounds like a civic. My last 2 mufflers defiantly did tho haha. Tons of drone and just loud and obnoxious.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:51 PM

I know you did and I appreciate all your efforts on that! Ummm well i don't know how it's treating me yet haha. Between changing mufflers to get it quiet and getting those damn v bands to seal has been a bit of a task haha. My tune is way out now and my tuner hasn't had time to fix it yet. And to boot I've been blowing fuses for my meth lately. I thought I had a short to ground somewhere. Well I'm all smiles driving home with my quiet exhaust, step into it a bit and no meth. Blew another fuse. Wellll I dive into my wiring and everything looks fine. Put 12v right to the pump, it clicks but no worky. So now I need a new meth pump. And it's not even a year old! FML
when my boss changed to long tube headers on his mustang, he said that it got a lot quieter...then he changed the mufflers and that went right out the door. i dont know if the same would be true in our case. do long tube headers really on benefit boosted motors? or would they work good on NA applications as well? i've been looking at a set for my 2.2
Old 05-12-2011, 09:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
With my dynomax my car sounds like ******* when I gun it in neutral. Make a real video of you driving by, that will change the whole tone when there is an actual load on it.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here is a vid of my old set up before turbo wail i seafomed it

zzp midlenght head/downpipe catted with a magnaflow cat back

sounds about as loud as your at idle and not nearly as much rasp when you get on it
IMAG0001.mp4 video by Bl4desofblood - Photobucket
Old 05-12-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hockeyman
With my dynomax my car sounds like ******* when I gun it in neutral. Make a real video of you driving by, that will change the whole tone when there is an actual load on it.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Hockeyman
Ya i agree. Good call man. Maybe i'll do that once I fix my meth and can actually boost again haha.

Originally Posted by Bl4des
here is a vid of my old set up before turbo wail i seafomed it

zzp midlenght head/downpipe catted with a magnaflow cat back

sounds about as loud as your at idle and not nearly as much rasp when you get on it
IMAG0001.mp4 video by Bl4desofblood - Photobucket
Not the greatest sound quality video. Sounds muffled. But it sounds pretty good. Maybe it's the header thats making the difference. I know theres not many out there running the OTTP long tube. Bah I don't know. But after 3 mufflers I know without a doubt a different one isn't going to make it less raspy. Like I said before both the Borla and Dynomax were raspy as hell too but much louder.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:25 PM

Is it even possible to make a 4 cylinder sound good? Lol
YouTube - going fast sideways
Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Got Bewst?

Aka turbo farmer haha. I like how you posted the one smashing into the snowbank lol
Old 05-13-2011, 11:27 PM

my borla sounds like ****, but i am catless w/header... i havent heard a good sounding 4 banger that wasnt turbo so i say eff it

Quick Reply: Exhaust Too Loud? Walker Quiet Flow FTW!!!