2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Ferrari Enzo vs. Cobalt SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferrari Enzo vs. Cobalt SS/SC

I think the Cobalt can take it with +50K. What do you guys think?
Old 05-13-2007, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by jkennedy1612
I think the Cobalt can take it with +50K. What do you guys think?
why are you trying to be a smartass?
Old 05-13-2007, 04:07 AM

who gives a ****, the Enzo will still be infinitely cooler.

I'm sure if someone in an Enzo got beat by a Cobalt he'd be ticked for about a half second, then he'd look to the passenger seat where his trophy wife sits, drive home to his mansion and proceed to have sex with her. All while you go back to your parents house, call up your skank ass girlfriend and masterbate while you think about your retardedly over done economy car.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by repoman
why are you trying to be a smartass?
Old 05-13-2007, 04:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IMADreamer

I'm sure if someone in an Enzo got beat by a Cobalt he'd be ticked for about a half second, then he'd look to the passenger seat where his trophy wife sits, drive home to his mansion and proceed to have sex with her. All while you go back to your parents house, call up your skank ass girlfriend and masterbate while you think about your retardedly over done economy car.
nice try but those exact words have been stated on this website and they werent by you , now in reality if an enzo got beat by a ******* cobalt i think the guy in the enzo would feel rather foolish , its not a corvette its an enzo there not supposed to lose , if they got beat it would be nastier than the dunk that baron davis layed on Kirelinko
Old 05-13-2007, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
nice try but those exact words have been stated on this website and they werent by you , now in reality if an enzo got beat by a ******* cobalt i think the guy in the enzo would feel rather foolish , its not a corvette its an enzo there not supposed to lose , if they got beat it would be nastier than the dunk that baron davis layed on Kirelinko
This thread is a follow up from a previous discussion.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
Nice analogy.

I haven't heard anyone say what I said before but I'm not surprised because IT"S TRUE!! Do you really think someone in a super car gives flying **** about an economy car. Anything can be made fast, ANYTHING, most people know this. If I ever own an Enzo and get beat by a cobalt I won't car at all. I still would own one of the most exclusive cars in the world that will probably double in value in a decade if not sooner, and it is one of the fastest production cars ever produced. Who cars if a tuner car is faster, there are thousands of cars faster then an Enzo. Enzo owners know this. What does it matter to them. It's not like they couldn't build a megafast cobalt, they own an Enzo. Those cars don't retail for less then a million. That's a lot of Cobalts plus 50k in go fast goodies.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:40 AM

a civic witha a 5g turbo will take enzo hahah
Old 05-13-2007, 04:15 PM

What type of race are we talking about here?

A Cobalt could be made to run faster than an Enzo in the 1/4. Infact, It has already been done with some of the drag cars. Not too sure if the Cobalt will be streetable in this form.

If your talking about a highway race, the Cobalt will never match the Enzo in top speed. Simply because the aerodynamics of a Cobalt are not going to allow it to travel at 200mph+
Old 05-13-2007, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by BooSSted

A Cobalt could be made to run faster than an Enzo in the 1/4. Infact, It has already been done with some of the drag cars. Not too sure if the Cobalt will be streetable in this form.

If your talking about a highway race, the Cobalt will never match the Enzo in top speed. Simply because the aerodynamics of a Cobalt are not going to allow it to travel at 200mph+
You're right, the Enzo easily cuts through the air to achieve it's speeds. However, if you spent the money it would take to beat an Enzo in the first place you would have enough money to modify the body. You would need to make the car able to cut through the air with minimal drag and minimal lift; the first thing to do would be to lower the car to the ground and put diffusers on the rear bumper.

The point remains, with enough money you can make any car beat anything. You would have to modify the aerodynamics but it's still possible.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by BooSSted

Yea, the spoiler on the ss's will probably fly off after 140
Old 05-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_SSTuner
Yea, the spoiler on the ss's will probably fly off after 140
True, but the Cobalts that run sub 10 second quarter miles don't use the stock spoiler either. You can modify the body just as much as the engine.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:14 PM

I think the real question is, Would a Enzo even bother racing a cobalt?
Old 05-13-2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by JMAc88
I think the real question is, Would a Enzo even bother racing a cobalt?
they would be like my car is a ferrari :vroom: :vroom: you dont want none of this in your shittty cobalt and then they would drive away
Old 05-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is a serious technical discussion isn't it? try the lounge next time...
Old 05-13-2007, 07:46 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I honestly like the cobalt better. I'm not a fan of all those high priced exotic cars. Yeah, I know they're nice, look cool, and you don't need to do any work to them. But I would love to take an SS/SC home, use about 40K+ to build it up,a nd own the exotic cars.

When you buy an exotic car, most of the time, you're paying for the high priced interior, and the damn name. I'd take a tuner over a exotic, any day of the week. Now I will admit, there is one or two exotics I like. One being the Saleen S7, that's about the only one I'd actually get.If you count a Lotus as an exotic, I'd get one of those too. And I think if a exotic car driver, lost to a four-banger, he would feel pretty stupid. On the other hand, as stated earlier, he would be still have the 'nicer' car and everyone would turn their heads when he rolled by.

Still, though, just me. I'd take an SS/SC, over an exotic. Well, actually. I lied. I wouldn't. I'd take the exotic...sell it.....buy a SS/SC, and mod the **** outta the cobalt to be faster than the exotic.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:02 PM

hahahahahaha
Old 05-13-2007, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
I honestly like the cobalt better. I'm not a fan of all those high priced exotic cars. Yeah, I know they're nice, look cool, and you don't need to do any work to them. But I would love to take an SS/SC home, use about 40K+ to build it up,a nd own the exotic cars.

When you buy an exotic car, most of the time, you're paying for the high priced interior, and the damn name. I'd take a tuner over a exotic, any day of the week. Now I will admit, there is one or two exotics I like. One being the Saleen S7, that's about the only one I'd actually get.If you count a Lotus as an exotic, I'd get one of those too. And I think if a exotic car driver, lost to a four-banger, he would feel pretty stupid. On the other hand, as stated earlier, he would be still have the 'nicer' car and everyone would turn their heads when he rolled by.

Still, though, just me. I'd take an SS/SC, over an exotic. Well, actually. I lied. I wouldn't. I'd take the exotic...sell it.....buy a SS/SC, and mod the **** outta the cobalt to be faster than the exotic.
This is why exotics cost so much

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...11017ecc47.htm
Old 05-13-2007, 11:20 PM

screw production cars get yourself a kit car from factory 5 called the gtm and build that **** up ls7 twin turbo for the win.......

heres the link

http://factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/GTM/GTMkit.html
Old 05-13-2007, 11:46 PM

really? 50k + cobalt? why?
Old 05-14-2007, 09:29 AM

the truth is anyone (we almost anyone) can take a cobalt and spend 50k and make it beat an exotic car, but how many of us can afford to actually own an exotic car? insurance? it's all about status, you think half the people who own those cars care about speed as much as some of us? all they care is they got a 250K + car in their driveways
Old 05-14-2007, 09:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for that link bro. I can't believe they have real trees in the engine room so the humidity is perfect for engine building. Siiiiick.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:01 AM
MaJ

****** served!
Old 05-14-2007, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
Thanks for that link bro. I can't believe they have real trees in the engine room so the humidity is perfect for engine building. Siiiiick.
Yeah I watched that too...AWESOME vid
Old 05-14-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An EVO can beat an ENZO 0-60 but thats about it. But I'd pay money to see the ENZO drivers face when that little sedan leaves him at the line in his million doller plus car!
Talk about priceless!

Quick Reply: Ferrari Enzo vs. Cobalt SS/SC