2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

g85 performance package

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g85 performance package

well guys my dad just bought a cobalt ss with the g85 performance package.got a great deal on it paid 25517.68. the guy at the dealer told us that this is a real hard to find package and there is like 5 in the us right now.if you don't know what the g85 performance package is its a package that comes with recaro front bucket seats and limited slip differential.what i was wanting to know is if any body has a g85 performance package on there car.the weried thing is that my dad bought the car but it is not at the dealer (it is on transportation)my dad said that this is the second time that he bought a car that he has not seen befor. the first car my dad didn't buy this dad bought it for him it was a 1977 camaro z28.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:15 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am sure there is more than 5 out there, but the dealer is right it's a very rare package on the cobalt ss/sc.

I ordered my car and waited 6 months for it, so I got mine sight unseen as well. I had never do that before either.

Anyhow welcome to the board.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:48 AM

Limited slip not available for the 05 model

Your dad didn't get a good deal. Paying almost 26,000 dollars is a rip off! Now, one last thing. The limited slip differential was advertised for the 05 model, but NONE were made, and you can't order an 05 with that on it. The first model to have the limited slip differential will be the 06. I almost bought an 05, but when I found out this information I decided to order an 06. GM started accepting orders for the 06's about five days ago, and I will be one of the first to get the car. If you think I'm wrong about the differential, think again, my father works for chevy. If the dealership sold your dad an 05 and told him it had the limited slip differential, they flat out lied. Again, this bit of information was the ONLY reason I didn't buy the 05. Should have my 06 by mid july. Sorry about your dad.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by FunCrusher
Your dad didn't get a good deal. Paying almost 26,000 dollars is a rip off! Now, one last thing. The limited slip differential was advertised for the 05 model, but NONE were made, and you can't order an 05 with that on it. The first model to have the limited slip differential will be the 06. I almost bought an 05, but when I found out this information I decided to order an 06. GM started accepting orders for the 06's about five days ago, and I will be one of the first to get the car. If you think I'm wrong about the differential, think again, my father works for chevy. If the dealership sold your dad an 05 and told him it had the limited slip differential, they flat out lied. Again, this bit of information was the ONLY reason I didn't buy the 05. Should have my 06 by mid july. Sorry about your dad.

You're totally wrong... LSD is rare but it definitely exists in the '05. Where did you get your bogus info?
Old 06-04-2005, 01:55 AM

there is a silver one by me, with the G85 package. Silver is a rare color right now, and a silver with the g85 is even rarer..
Old 06-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Moderator Alumni

There are people on this board with the 2005 G85 SS/SC. So don't listen to funcrusher.

And I honestly don't see the problem with pay MSRP for a car like the SS/SC G85. It's going to be a very rare car. It's definetly NOT a great deal paying MSRP, but you are certainly not getting ripped off.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:17 AM

my dad payed that much for dive out.he paid 23509.05 before tax and title.the msrp the car was 25650.00.this car has all options.my dad and i will be picking up the car today when it is unload from truck.

options are
airbags
sunroof
ashtray
g85 performance package
onstar
xm

my dad also owns a 1999 camaro z28 and a 1999 neon rt.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Premium Member

Check the gallery on here, I know there's a few people on this forum that have the G85 and have posted the pictures in there. Now they did stop accepting more orders for G85 on 2005 models early because of supply issues, but there are a few out there still for sale.

A linky to an SS/SC with the Recaros. Don't tell theBLUEone there's no G85 out yet!
Old 06-04-2005, 05:50 AM

it's likely that a lot of the "mis-information" comes from salesmen at dealerships who just dont know what's going on but want to make you think they are all " in the loop" etc.

a Montana dealer actually told me " they didnt actually produce the SS in 05 and it will be available in 06 instead".. seems like some salesmen just want to have 'some' answer to instantly give you even if that means total fabricated bs
Old 06-04-2005, 09:39 AM

Don't speak of things that you know nothing about.
I have an 05 SS/SC with the LSD and recaro seats. Other folks on here do too.
Please don't spread false information.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:48 AM

He got a great deal... thats out the door, Also I own my own store so I dont look at paying more than the dealer paid for the car being a problem they have to make a living too. The little bit of profit your sale makes has to get split 2 ways sometimes more.

NONE were made..... did you look around before you made a comment like that? There are actually quite a few out there.

The dealer didnt lie.... Sorry your fatehr is the MOST un-informed chevy employee....

Your 06' will not be here before august, and you dont know your getting "one of the first" my 06' order went in the morning of the first day of ordering about a week ago. Along with I'm sure thousands of others.

Sorry about YOUR DAD
Old 06-04-2005, 12:36 PM

False information? POST your VIN

Anyone who doubts me, post your vin number and I will tell you exactly what you have. I don't deal with sales people, I deal with the factory. I have so much pull, I was able to get my car first priority over all other's, and I will be paying 21,000 for my cobalt SS. GIVE ME YOUR VIN NUMBERS!!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 12:44 PM

Anyone who doubts me, post your vin number and I will tell you exactly what you have. I don't deal with sales people, I deal with the factory. I have so much pull, I was able to get my car first priority over all other's, and I will be paying 21,000 for my cobalt SS. GIVE ME YOUR VIN NUMBERS!!!!

ok, tell me what i have?
1G1 AP14 P6 57641531
Old 06-04-2005, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy4Life85
He got a great deal... thats out the door, Also I own my own store so I dont look at paying more than the dealer paid for the car being a problem they have to make a living too. The little bit of profit your sale makes has to get split 2 ways sometimes more.

NONE were made..... did you look around before you made a comment like that? There are actually quite a few out there.

The dealer didnt lie.... Sorry your fatehr is the MOST un-informed chevy employee....

Your 06' will not be here before august, and you dont know your getting "one of the first" my 06' order went in the morning of the first day of ordering about a week ago. Along with I'm sure thousands of others.

Sorry about YOUR DAD
I do know I'm getting one of the first, I was given preference over all others. My order went straight to the top and I was told BY THE FACTORY that I will have my car by mid JULY. Here is how my order reads, can you say the same about yours?

5-23 perliminary order accepted
5-23 preliminary order added
5-24 preliminary order Re-edited
5-31 Accepted by GM
5-31 Order Preferenced
6-01 Accepted by production control.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:02 PM

I do know I'm getting one of the first, I was given preference over all others. My order went straight to the top and I was told BY THE FACTORY that I will have my car by mid JULY. Here is how my order reads, can you say the same about yours?

5-23 perliminary order accepted
5-23 preliminary order added
5-24 preliminary order Re-edited
5-31 Accepted by GM
5-31 Order Preferenced
6-01 Accepted by production control.

I can say that yours wont be built until the 15th at least... aside form that I could care less if yours is the first off the line... which it wont be chevy will snag those for promotions and test drives....

Why are you going to tell all the people with the G85 that they dont have LSD... WTF is wrong with you, they bought their cas with that package and its in their car. if your gonna just BS around ehre about your connections then leave.

DOnt sit here and tell someone that they just spend 1500 dollars on recaros and an LSD but GM lied and didnt put the LSD in....

Why did your buddies at the factory screw up hundreds of SS's last year then? Whoops forgot that LSD thing.... right....

maybe you should diconnect form this "connection"
Old 06-04-2005, 01:09 PM

Now you don't care

The whole point was that you said that I would not be getting one of the first, which I am. Use a little common sense, I am talking about the 06's available for the public, not the very first car off of the line. Jesus christ! I just got off the phone with the chevy rep, and my car is being built as we speak, so your whole arguement about production not happening until the 15th falls flat. As it stands, they are building 600 per week, of course these aren't all ss, but the point is that they are in production.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Moderator Alumni

Ok you still haven't address the fact that you deny any 2005 SS/SC with the G85 package yet they exist. Oh by the way since your is being built why don't you post your vin number so we can all double check on your claims.

Originally Posted by funcrusher
The limited slip differential was advertised for the 05 model, but NONE were made, and you can't order an 05 with that on it.
They were made and people on the board have them and have posted pictures. So I guess you have so much "pull" that you don't even know what you are talking about?
Old 06-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Moderator Alumni

In case anyone wants to see a members car with the G85 package from 2005

Old 06-04-2005, 01:14 PM

SOmeone correct me if i'm wrong aside form Mr. Inside source but I was almost positive production hasnt started on the 06' yet just orders
Old 06-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Moderator Alumni

Here is a picture of another blue G85 from the DC area.

It's a 2005 as well.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Moderator Alumni

Here is a link to a post from a dealer that has a G85 on the way. It's a 2005 as well

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/2-05-ss-sc-headed-kansas-city-2799/
Old 06-04-2005, 01:21 PM

I am new to this site but I just don't see who really cares about getting the first 06' ss. I have an 05' ss, got it about 3 weeks ago, and it is a fun car! I am proud to own my 05', but I do agree the LSD would be nice. The car doesn't do too well in the rain. Very light and you get bouncing in the front if you try to take off fast. Overall though, chevy did make a nice car. And to reply to the original question from this thread, I bought my cobalt ss sight unseen and never drove one before. Just ordered it offline from a dealer. This was my second car purchase being sight unseen. My last purchase sight unseen, in 02', was the pontiac trans am with the ws6 package. Traded her in for my cobalt ss.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:21 PM

Heres what I was looking for

Basically for those who are uninformed (not mentioning any names) this means the 05' will be built out on the 17th of this month and orders can be allocated and then approved for build on June 16th which means your statement of your car is being built right nwo is wrong.... give us your order number we haev some people that can check

Originally Posted by VQ35DE
These are the exact dates in question.

2005 Cobalt Buildout Information & Final Buildout Date, 2006 Startup Date

2005 Model Year Cobalt Final Production Date

Dealers will be able to consense (agree to accept allocations) for their buildout 2005 Cobalts in early May, 2005.

Allocations available during the May consensus will be available for production June 6 thru June 17, 2005.

The final date of 2005 production is June 17, 2005.

Dealers will be able to view their final, actual allocations on May 18, 2005.

Dealers will see their first allocations (if they have them available) within which they can approve orders on May 19, 2005.

2006 Model Year Cobalt Startup Production Date

Dealers will be able to consense (agree to accept allocations) for 2006 Cobalts in May, 2005.

Dealers will be able to view their final, actual allocations on June 16, 2005.

Dealers will see their first allocations (if they have them available) within which they can approve orders on June 16, 2005.

Allocations available during the May consensus will be available for production July 25 thru July 31, 2005.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:22 PM

Zinner how many lies and false arguements before someone gets banned?
Old 06-04-2005, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by zinner

Ok you still haven't address the fact that you deny any 2005 SS/SC with the G85 package yet they exist. Oh by the way since your is being built why don't you post your vin number so we can all double check on your claims.

They were made and people on the board have them and have posted pictures. So I guess you have so much "pull" that you don't even know what you are talking about?
I just got off of the phone with the GM rep, and I have made a mistake. When I attempted to place my order about two months ago, he told me the GM factory was not taking any orders with the differential package until 06. I thought he was telling me that the differentail wasn't available at all for the 05. I should not have assumed, and I apologize if I have pissed anyone off.

Quick Reply: g85 performance package