2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.
View Poll Results: Those who have it. Which is better?
Stage 1 with smaller pulley
39.13%
stage 2
60.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

GM Stage 1/2 Thread: Merged

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THE PART NUMBERS ARE 17801947 STAGE 1 PERFORMANCE UPGRADE KIT
17803229 STAGE 2 PERFORMANCE UPGRADE KIT
17803230 STAGE 1 TO STAGE 2 UPGRADE KIT
THEY CAN BE FOUND ON PAGE 260 OF GM PERFORMANCE PARTS GUIDE 2006 CATALOG
MANY DEALERS MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE NEVER ORDERED THEM AND THEY NEED TO ADD THE PART NUMBERS AND PRICES INTO THE SYSTEM
HOPE THIS WILL HELP.....
Old 03-31-2006, 08:49 AM

Just Show the dealer your Emission Cert Label

Originally Posted by r_fiorda49
I think anyone buying these kits from anyone other than the dealer they're getting them installed at are gonna SERIOUSLY run into problems getting the flash done...unless GM plays off the tune as "warranty work"; i.e. they compensate the dealers for doing the reflash
The dealers are supposed to flash the calibration when you show them your Emission certification Label and tell them which calibration you need. Here is an excerpt from the instructions:

Important!
Your vehicle must be taken to your GM Dealer to have the new
calibration flashed to your ECM. You will ask for your calibration
by part number depending on what vehicle you have installed
the Supercharger Upgrade Kit. Ask for one of the following part
numbers:
12607644 Calibration data file - 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
12607645 Calibration data file - 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
12607646 Calibration data file - 2004 Saturn Ion Redline
12602647 Calibration data file - 2005 Saturn Ion Redline
12607648 Calibration data file - 2006 Saturn Ion Redline
Old 03-31-2006, 09:09 AM

I don't know about you guys, but GM lost my money. They did not keep us updated on anything during this whole delay. They did not tell us when the kits would be coming out. Yeah I'm happy that they FINALLY came out and was thinking about getting the stage 2 but now i'm thinking differently. There is no doubt in my mind that they took their sweet ass time. I'm going aftermarket routes. I'm starting not to like GM anymore but maybe they can win me back by actually producing something on time and not delaying it for 3 months, or better yet actually come out with the product (the pontiac vibe supercharger kit). I really hope that whoever goes with these GM upgrades that they get warranties. If you guys do not get warranties, I will be one pissed off motha f*****.

Sorry about that, I just needed to vent off the steam that I have been holding back for 3 months.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by memphisr24
I don't know about you guys, but GM lost my money. They did not keep us updated on anything during this whole delay. They did not tell us when the kits would be coming out. Yeah I'm happy that they FINALLY came out and was thinking about getting the stage 2 but now i'm thinking differently. There is no doubt in my mind that they took their sweet ass time. I'm going aftermarket routes. I'm starting not to like GM anymore but maybe they can win me back by actually producing something on time and not delaying it for 3 months, or better yet actually come out with the product (the pontiac vibe supercharger kit). I really hope that whoever goes with these GM upgrades that they get warranties. If you guys do not get warranties, I will be one pissed off motha f*****.

Sorry about that, I just needed to vent off the steam that I have been holding back for 3 months.
You go with your ranting bad ass **** self.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:26 AM

LOL no but I was so excited when this thread first came out. But then I started to realize that I just had bought another size pulley (3 inch to accompany my 2.8 inch) like 4 days ago and it's already here. I don't want to sell it because all I would get for it would be like $40 because it's only the pulley ring. I guess it was bad timing on my part but I'm going to stay with the 3 inch. I will hopefully be ordering the Jason Smith header shortly and a new clutch is in the near future. I should have roughly 250 whp with all my mods and I'll be happy. Maybe later on I will switch over to the GM side and opt for a stage 1 kit or maybe go right to the stage 2 but I know i'm not doing it as of now.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:29 AM

What the hell are you talking about no updates and taking their sweet ass time. Is it not the end of the first quarter? Did they not say availability at the end of the first quarter?
You make little to no sense.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:31 AM

nm..I see you repented.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by WJT DEMON
What the hell are you talking about no updates and taking their sweet ass time. Is it not the end of the first quarter? Did they not say availability at the end of the first quarter?
You make little to no sense.
Did they not break their promise when they said "Late December"? Even if they had to delay it for extra testing, I could see one month. 3 months though? Cmon.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:35 AM

I really don't see a big deal with it. What I mean is, it's really not on my top priority of things to do. After all, there was snow on the ground here until this week.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:37 AM

I mean they released information on the 400 hp ls2 GTO while still making the 2004's. They were nowhere close to making the 05's at the time they released that information. However, they did not give us an official update. All of our "updates" were from people on here that busted their ass trying to find out more info on it. Props out to them. I don't know, i'm just kinda pissed that I had just bought my pulley and these kits came out like 3 days later.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:39 AM
360 L337 User

Bump.. SInce more people have posted in the other thread....But we want them here also
Old 03-31-2006, 09:55 AM

Did they not break their promise when they said "Late December"? Even if they had to delay it for extra testing, I could see one month. 3 months though? Cmon.
Eh. They said they were targeting "late december". Some times here at my company we dont reach are target goals for whatever reason. We even had a big goof up this month. A product target was march 1 and ended up getting put back due to quailty control reasons. It was only pushed back two weeks. But for some reason coupons to customers saying it was adviable on march 1st. Thats the point were it becomes a problem.

People getting upset by car companies missing "target dates" is one of the reason car companies keep us in the dark on most things now. (camaro, the progression of the stage kits.)

If I was in your shoes I wouldnt buy the stage kits yet either. No real reason too if you already chosin a path that your going on. And already bought parts for it. Gm lost your money and it is thier fault.

It just tell myself it was that it didnt make it through QC and they fixed a problem.(maybe the belt was a little big) and not that it was some bean counter goof that lead them not to be able to get the logistics right for the December release dates. Bean counter mistakes **** me off. Corrected engineering mistakes dont. (QC is a good thing)
Old 03-31-2006, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by SS_Supercharged
The dealers are supposed to flash the calibration when you show them your Emission certification Label and tell them which calibration you need. Here is an excerpt from the instructions:

Important!
numbers:
This is not true. GM's new policys are to only pay the GM dealer where the kit was bought from. Trust me I know I work for a GM dealer and have sold many of the 2.4 & 2.2L Supercharger kit and they are the same way. You may get lucky have find a dealer to do it for you but I doubt it. Good luck guys.

I just called and the stage 2 kits are not in stock so they will have another delay. The other two should be shipping to dealers.

-Greg
Old 03-31-2006, 10:57 AM

I was just informed by a dealership in Canada and one in the states that no one has them in stock and they will just ship direct from the manufacturer. Both said about 1 week wait time. Price were $1264 Canadian and $750 USD
Old 03-31-2006, 11:01 AM

Stage 2

$750 USD, Fuccillo Chevrolet, Grand Island, New York

$1264 CND, Brian Cullens Chevrolet, St. Catharines, Ontario
Old 03-31-2006, 11:03 AM

Cal Downloads

Originally Posted by radrace19
This is not true. GM's new policys are to only pay the GM dealer where the kit was bought from. Trust me I know I work for a GM dealer and have sold many of the 2.4 & 2.2L Supercharger kit and they are the same way. You may get lucky have find a dealer to do it for you but I doubt it. Good luck guys.

I just called and the stage 2 kits are not in stock so they will have another delay. The other two should be shipping to dealers.

-Greg
I personally, just today, talked to an engineer in GM SPO responsible for the kit and have a faxed copy of the instructions and you CAN take it to any GM dealer to get the cal downloaded.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:20 AM

I personally, just today, talked to an engineer in GM SPO responsible for the kit and have a faxed copy of the instructions and you CAN take it to any GM dealer to get the cal downloaded.
I agree

It only makes sense that you can go anywhere and get the computer flashed, with paying labor of course.

What if GM comes out with an update for your car and you have moved 3000 miles from where you bought it. THey are not going to make you go back those 3000 miles to get a reflash for another issue why would they for these upgrades when it would be the same exact process.

Also we all know that warranty work can be done at any dealer and not just the one you bought it from.....so why all of a sudden limit where you can get this reflash done?
Old 03-31-2006, 11:24 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
So now that the kits are out, we will talk about when will we actually get them, are there really any in stock, what price are we paying, where can we get them cheaper and who will get them delivered first or .
After they appear and we get them installed we will talk about the increased power, who is getting theirs dynoed, what are the numbers, what kind of dyno it was, what kind of mods do you have and why are my numbers so low\high.
Then we will talk about who raced who, who beat\lost to whom and who is full of bs.
BUT what will we talk about after that. I see a thread already about stage4 .
We have spent so much time talking about the stage kits it seems anti-climatic now that the end of that debate is close at hand. What will fill that void with because not everyone can get in the dungeon to see Erod's and RedCavys ****
Old 03-31-2006, 11:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No matter what happens, this site has been my main hub for cobalt info. and I thank everyone for their help.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:27 PM

I hate how GM tells us NOTHING. Honda owners will probably know before we do.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:49 PM

Important!
numbers:
I want to just order the cal for my car
Old 03-31-2006, 12:53 PM

Since these Kits are DIRECT SHIP they are made from a 3rd party according to what my dealer told me and that they will not stock kits. Just like the performance exhausts were made from a 3rd party (borla) so i wonder who is behind all the upgrade madness?!? hmmmmm
Old 03-31-2006, 01:00 PM

I'm gonna wait to see some results before I spend that money.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS422
Since these Kits are DIRECT SHIP they are made from a 3rd party according to what my dealer told me and that they will not stock kits. Just like the performance exhausts were made from a 3rd party (borla) so i wonder who is behind all the upgrade madness?!? hmmmmm

GMPP....
Old 03-31-2006, 01:58 PM

This sucks, the dealers around here still can't get them. I've even watched them type in the part numbers... I envy you all for it seems like i'll be waiting for the kits to hit BFE.

Quick Reply: GM Stage 1/2 Thread: Merged