2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

GM Stage 3 Update! It's Coming September!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OniMirage
I am sure with the off road box you wont be covered under warrenty since it is intended for off road use ie road racing drag or what have you and at such places and events your normally not covered under warrenty anyway.

Put the normal box on and your covered again under warrenty for the daily driver. I really actually like this idea alot since most are having to comprimise anyway just to be a fast daily driver or flat out beast. Now GM themselves are giving the customer the ability to live both lives and the ease of being able to do it in what a 10 minute box swap? I am more interested in knowing what in concrete terms comes with this kit.

So far as I have researched the rumor market its a
smaller pulley 2.8-2.9?
better bigger heat exchanger?
off-road performance box which disables the a/c only when installed?
-- the box is also optimized for nitrous?

I would be happy with the first 3 nitrous sounds fun but im not sure if I will dive into that quite yet. I have too much to learn as it is and adding a bottle filled with uber coolness would likely be too much for me at this time at least.
I love that word "uber"

One more thing for your list is the nitrous only comes on from 3,000rpm and up and it has to be under load. That's word on the street. Someone on here was in a car with stage 3 and he has a lot of answers. It would be nice if he chimed in.

EDIT! It was Zenkat, here is the thread.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...ght=gm+stage+3
Old 07-25-2006, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
actually without a window switch nitrous can come on anytime you are WOT
Old 08-29-2006, 04:44 PM

I haven't done any research to back up what I am fixing to say, but I seriously doubt that GM is going to come out with anything that you could use nitrous on. If they did, I bet it won't be under warrenty unless there is a secret plan out there to void claims.

They will come back and said you were abusing the car and then say chalk up $$$$ if you want it fix. Happen to me when i busted my rear diff in my Z06
Old 08-29-2006, 04:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Domestic Rice
I haven't done any research to back up what I am fixing to say, but I seriously doubt that GM is going to come out with anything that you could use nitrous on. If they did, I bet it won't be under warrenty unless there is a secret plan out there to void claims.

They will come back and said you were abusing the car and then say chalk up $$$$ if you want it fix. Happen to me when i busted my rear diff in my Z06
Bro if you email GM right now asking if Stage 3 will have nitrous, they will tell you YES!
I'm not a fan of it myself and I think they are shooting themselves in the foot for doing it.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:57 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts

Yes they are going to use nitrous and yes it won't be warranty approved. That is why the stage 3 is for "off road use only" I have an email from GM saying it has nitrous, here is a quote from it

Originally Posted by **************@aol.com
We are working on an off-road box that will allow you increase your rev limit, run on 110 octane, and/or use a 50shot of nitrous.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:02 PM

so thats the only change then is the computer, the box, and a smaller pulley??
Old 08-29-2006, 05:08 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by BlueSS-supercharged
so thats the only change then is the computer, the box, and a smaller pulley??
That and the ability to run nitrous. All of this by the way, as you know, can be down without GM.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:09 PM

So i talked with the aftermarket service guy at the dealership yesterday regarding this very subject. He mentioned that because each part GM makes must have a part number, the chances of them selling the various parts rather than a complete kit is very high esspecially with no warrenty being involved with the kit. That for many of us would be good news since most don't want to even think of a n2o kit. He also mentioned that if those parts are sold individually and are installed by a gm tech at a dealership those parts become warrentied under thier own warrenty and it would not break the original new car warrenty. That being said if the gm stage 3 is supposed to supply a 2.8" pulley and a new he/intercooler or whatever it would be more appealing to buy them as parts to install rather than a kit for those that don't want to deal with n2o.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
Bro if you email GM right now asking if Stage 3 will have nitrous, they will tell you YES!
I'm not a fan of it myself and I think they are shooting themselves in the foot for doing it.
thanks for correcting me. IS GM going to install a Nitrous kit for this stage 3? That is almost as scary as taking it to some ricer shop
Old 08-29-2006, 06:03 PM

thanks for correcting me. IS GM going to install a Nitrous kit for this stage 3? That is almost as scary as taking it to some ricer shop
it would be far less scary having a gm authorized dealership install the kit than a fanboi however, since it is not covered under warrenty i highly doubt any shop authorized by gm will install it
Old 08-29-2006, 06:18 PM

One would hope they would offer the N2O hookups and off road box as an supplemental add on to the stage 3 kit. IE buy the stage 3 kit. And if you choose to void your warranty for a nominal fee of x dollars add this black box and nitro injection panel kit to your car.

I would totally go stage 3. under warranty without the off road box or nitro option. Or at least the smaller pully.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:54 PM

Anything official yet or is this all just "lady talk" ?

What are we looking at for power?
Old 08-29-2006, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think this is all bullshit. just look at the email address. it's xxx@AOL.COM
don't you think that GM would have an email address with something like @GM.com, or GMUSA.com???

doesn't make sense at all

I'm not saying the thread starter is lying, I just think whoever is "sportcompact@aol.com" is an impostor
Old 08-29-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by sethallen
don't you think that GM would have an email address with something like @GM.com, or GMUSA.com???

I'm not saying the thread starter is lying, I just think whoever is "sportcompact@aol.com" is an impostor
ya, very much NOT gm he was talking to haha.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by chipmonk212121
ya, very much NOT gm he was talking to haha.
http://www.gm.com/company/gmtunersou...build_book.htm
Old 08-29-2006, 07:31 PM

Do we have any actual specifics on Stage 3 yet if so what are they?
Old 08-29-2006, 07:37 PM

they need to release info on the 2.0 lsj.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:40 PM

I thought that at first too. But if you do a little research you will find that GM is using that email address for whatever reason. It's printed in their Ecotec build book and on the GM Tuner Source website.

Here is a screen shot from the build book
Old 08-29-2006, 07:44 PM

they need to release info on the 2.0 lsj.
What do you mean by that? I am looking for head for data for the LSJ and the search has turned up cold...
Old 08-29-2006, 08:15 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

okay you *&^%$#@!*&^% look in the back of the build book on page 157 under Suppliers, and you will see

General Motors Racing
www.gmtunersource.com
**************aol.com
GM Racing Parts and technical assistance
Now tell everyone again why GM wouldn't use this email address and while I am not a liar the person using this email addy is an imposter. Of course first you might want to get that foot out of your mouth.

Again, I type too slow, thanks max-boost and Witt.

Originally Posted by max_boost
I thought that at first too. But if you do a little research you will find that GM is using that email address for whatever reason. It's printed in their Ecotec build book and on the GM Tuner Source website.

Here is a screen shot from the build book
Old 08-29-2006, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i don't have a buildbook...i was just going by first impression.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:23 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

i don't have a buildbook...i was just going by first impression.
I don't have one either but if you go to
http://www.gm.com/company/gmtunersou...build_book.htm
you will not only find one to download you will see an amazing email address. First impressions don't work as much as we would like and don't choose a woman based on that because the best one for you may get (have gotten) away.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:40 PM

So i talked with the aftermarket service guy at the dealership yesterday regarding this very subject. He mentioned that because each part GM makes must have a part number, the chances of them selling the various parts rather than a complete kit is very high esspecially with no warrenty being involved with the kit. That for many of us would be good news since most don't want to even think of a n2o kit. He also mentioned that if those parts are sold individually and are installed by a gm tech at a dealership those parts become warrentied under thier own warrenty and it would not break the original new car warrenty. That being said if the gm stage 3 is supposed to supply a 2.8" pulley and a new he/intercooler or whatever it would be more appealing to buy them as parts to install rather than a kit for those that don't want to deal with n2o.
Oni you got your stage 2 installed at Bill heard right? If so who is the guy I need to talk to I need to have mine put in! Im hopin to get it done thursday.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by BACK2GM
Oni you got your stage 2 installed at Bill heard right? If so who is the guy I need to talk to I need to have mine put in! Im hopin to get it done thursday.
jeff talbot is the service rep I go to all the time. I have gone to him since my first oil change I believe and all the way up to now he hasn't questioned me with warrenty. The after market guys are cool and I believe the aftermarket manager is dave and he has an old sidekick dude. It's a 2-2 and a half hour job (stupid flash takes up a lot of that time [due to the techline they have to call]) so be ready to pay some cash cus it likely won't be cheap. Tell him Eric with the black cobalt ss that got his oil changed monday sent you he knows who I am. I wanna say your gonna pay roughly 200-250 for the install unless they can get that flash done quicker. The install guy will likely take the car for a spin to make sure it's working correctly to spec or jeff will take it like he did mine so don't be scurd. Remember it runs high on idle for at least a day or after a few spirited runs. CAREFUL out there and drive the speed limit on all the roads unless you want a nice picture ticket in your mail
Old 08-30-2006, 12:03 AM

no a/c i love power....but i think a/c wins me over anyday, unless i was filthy rich and could just use it for racing

Quick Reply: GM Stage 3 Update! It's Coming September!