2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

High flow intake manifold***picking off where rebel stopped**

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slowswap
You don't know much about air to water setups do you. A little ice and it'll go over 100%.

Who the **** runs ice in there water to air all the time? Oh, I forgot to mention when you heat up ice it MELTS!! REALLY NO ****!!! NOT LYING!!!

If it'll make you feel better I'll agree with you.

You are correct. For a company, it is cheaper to go air to air. But if you're upgrading everything, it's not that much more for a good water to air setup.

lol not much more... ok, you wait and see...

Wrong. I bet this manifold provides better numbers then the one guy who has done an air to air. I don't know get how you think air to air cools better?

Since when are we betting, this guy has proof his numbers are already way better than your setup will get.

There are no laminova cores on this new manifold which is why it'll work so well. It will be able to cool very effectivly.
So what you said right there to me is... no laminova cores... YEY!!! no because there are no more laminova cores it can finally cool air effectivly... You dumb ass the laminovas cool the air down, you make it sound like they are heating thing up... What I think you are trying to say is that the laminovas deter the air flow, so if there aren't any if will FLOW effectively...

at you...
Old 07-15-2009, 11:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Air to water equals better cooling because you can achieve over 100% effciency and shorter piping for quicker spool time, if turbo or centfigual supercharger. On a roots blower it's almost necessary just to allow the shortest length of piping possible.

If you knew the advantages of air to water, and how they work, you'd want one for every kind of forced induction.
I agree with you. But I am keeping an open mind about this project.

But if the stock LSJ IM is a restriction for the M62 then why can turbo converts run through it and make big hp?

If it is sooo restrictive for the output of the M62, shouldn't it be that much more restrictive for a power adder with more output?

Good luck guys!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:17 AM

You don't know much about air to water setups do you. A little ice and it'll go over 100%.

If it'll make you feel better I'll agree with you.

You are correct. For a company, it is cheaper to go air to air. But if you're upgrading everything, it's not that much more for a good water to air setup.

Wrong. I bet this manifold provides better numbers then the one guy who has done an air to air. I don't know get how you think air to air cools better?

There are no laminova cores on this new manifold which is why it'll work so well. It will be able to cool very effectivly.
Who the **** runs ice in there water to air all the time? Oh, I forgot to mention when you heat up ice it MELTS!! REALLY NO ****!!! NOT LYING!!!

lol not much more... ok, you wait and see...

Since when are we betting, this guy has proof his numbers are already way better than your setup will get.

So what you said right there to me is... no laminova cores... YEY!!! Now because there are no more laminova cores, it can finally cool air effectivly... You dumb ass the laminovas cool the air down! you make it sound like they are heating thing up... What I think you are trying to say is that the laminovas deter the air flow, so if there aren't any if will FLOW effectively...

at you...

Originally Posted by ebristol
I agree with you. But I am keeping an open mind about this project.

But if the stock LSJ IM is a restriction for the M62 then why can turbo converts run through it and make big hp?

If it is sooo restrictive for the output of the M62, shouldn't it be that much more restrictive for a power adder with more output?

Good luck guys!
I am not here to argue restrictiveness.... remember they turbo converts are running an air>air setup most of the time also... and the guys who are putting down huge numbers are not running the stock lsj manifold most of the time...

I am leaving this discussion due to all the completely illogical/retarded comment on here... I get more and more stupid the more I read all this ****.... if you guys are designing this manifold, it should be one HELL of a failure....

Last edited by schamsy; 07-15-2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-15-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by schamsy
I am leaving this discussion
You could probably learn a lot from this thread by reading everyone opinion's and trying to understand them EVEN if they are different then your own.

Instead you remain close minded and nit pick meaning less parts of OPs post in order to insult them.

I am not here to argue restrictiveness.... remember they turbo converts are running an air>air setup most of the time also... and the guys who are putting down huge numbers are not running the stock lsj manifold most of the time...
This is true. But big hp can be made with the stock LSJ IM.

I am leaving this discussion due to all the completely illogical/retarded comment on here... I get more and more stupid the more I read all this ****.... if you guys are designing this manifold, it should be one HELL of a failure....
Its obvious that this discuss is above your head.

If you have something meaningful to add we encourage you to stay and share your opinion. That is what forums are all about.

But I can tell from your attitude and the weak case you made for air/air setups you are probably better off trolling in another thread.

Back on topic please.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ebristol
You could probably learn a lot from this thread by reading everyone opinion's and trying to understand them EVEN if they are different then your own.

Instead you remain close minded and nit pick meaning less parts of OPs post in order to insult them.

This is true. But big hp can be made with the stock LSJ IM.

Its obvious that this discuss is above your head.

If you have something meaningful to add we encourage you to stay and share your opinion. That is what forums are all about.

But I can tell from your attitude and the weak case you made for air/air setups you are probably better off trolling in another thread.

Back on topic please.
.... EPIC Failure...
Old 07-15-2009, 11:47 AM

.... EPIC Failure...
dude, you really have no clue, do you? every one here is laughing... at you
Old 07-15-2009, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tennpenn83
He doesn't....
Old 07-15-2009, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tennpenn83
I will be the one laughing when this NEVER happens! at you!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Deathscythe
I don't know exactly what's causing it, but it's killing my maximum timing. I can run only 13 degrees max at full power.
you sir have a kinked hose, bad ic pump, or did your dual pass wrong would be my guess.
numbers vary from car to car of course but that's way too high.
when are you taking these readings also?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:09 PM

I have an interceptor that usually reads within 3 degrees of ambient for the iat1. I have pretty good reason to believe that it is right. The ic pump isn't bad because I have a steady stream of coolant coming back from my tap at the top of the stock h/e. No i/c pump..., so stream of orange **** into the option b tank. I also know the plumbing for the dual pass is right since the laminovas were positioned the right way. In the middle and out the sides if I'm not mistaken. When the weather was slightly cooler, the iat's were about 20 degrees cooler. But that still doesn't explain why my ambient temps would be about 20 degrees above ambient, which is what the iat1 reading is for.

However, a kink is not out of the question. the readings are taken at the end of a second gear pull.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Jn2

wow...i wake up to this... O_o
Old 07-15-2009, 01:06 PM

Please guys, honestly, prove me wrong and I will be the laughing stock of this thread... but until you make your cost effective newly designed intake manifold that actually cools better than freaks AIR<AIR.... I'm right...
Old 07-15-2009, 02:00 PM

for the record im not the only one to run air to air on a sc lsj setup. look around and youll find hints here and there about who has them
Old 07-15-2009, 06:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Please guys, honestly, prove me wrong and I will be the laughing stock of this thread... but until you make your cost effective newly designed intake manifold that actually cools better than freaks AIR<AIR.... I'm right...
until you can disprove that i am the god Zeus, I am right

you really do fail. If you disagree with whats being said, then say so, and give reasons why....dont flame the other person like a retard

BTW, you can also achieve 100% efficiency through something like a killer chiller, if you can get it to drop the temps enough (ive never run them, and dont know typical temp drops), and that WILL be on 100% of the time...

Ice always works for the 1/4 mile
Old 07-15-2009, 06:15 PM

this this thread went to hell and back... how bout that Jn2 top of the morning to ya.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Jn2

Originally Posted by OneCOLDBIZL272
this this thread went to hell and back... how bout that Jn2 top of the morning to ya.
lol yeah...so...flanges came in today...working on the ld9 right now
Old 07-15-2009, 06:53 PM

kool beans
Old 07-16-2009, 01:29 AM

Well, first thing I'll say, is that all the people posting up 'concept' manifolds clearly don't understand what the set back is when building one of these LSJ mani's. There is a serious amount of interference that puts a large strain on the designer, to design a good flowing system, while maintaining stock mounting positions.

Originally Posted by qwikredline
tell me how?I am very interested ....but nothing here explains the "how"... certainly getting rid of the laminova is not a sure fire way to reduce temps....if it was , dont you think it would have been done like 5 - 6 years ago? I think it was Omega 5 ?? who has been trying something like this for some time now and found the obstacles insurmountable. This isnt about finding a fabricator, Vulcan can fabricate some awesome stuff. its about cooling engineering. Thats hard.
Obstacles... yes.
Time is the biggest problem... as well as mining and oil companies bumping me out of the way for prototype parts.

But besides that;
Yes, an initial proto was made.
Were there gains from ditching the lami's? I don't know. The manifold I used has a better flow pattern than the stock system. I'm hoping to test against an external W-A IC using the OEM laminovas in the coming year, time and supplier permitting.

I have a great idea...

1. Scrap the stock air to water setup.

2. Create a tubular intake manifold straight from supercharger to intake ports.

3. Run water/meth injection.
Water meth is a poor primary cooling mod.
I would never scrap a real intercooler for water/meth.... ever.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Jn2

Yes space is very tight...I mean tight tight...but Vulcan is going to try and build a more efficient manifold...this is still in the rnd process...
Old 07-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 213 Likes on 172 Posts
screw the ld9 hook up the Lsj :-)
Old 07-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Jn2

lol they got 2 people to pay upfront... :p unless we can get 3 to pay upfront for the LSJ ones...the ld9 one will be finished first
Old 07-16-2009, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, what's the price? I've seen no mention of price and i volunterred to for the LSJ.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:00 PM

I volunteered the manifold and cost of shipping to help the LSJ owners. I hope that still happens without people having to pay up front before seeing a final product.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Jn2

Originally Posted by bolus
I volunteered the manifold and cost of shipping to help the LSJ owners. I hope that still happens without people having to pay up front before seeing a final product.
yes the manifold will be made wether anyone pays upfront or not...just saying we're making the ld9 one right now, lsj after...since we have people already paid up waiting for it...trust me, we're not ditching this project like rebel did...we WILL make a manifold for the ecotec...and appreciate u volunteering your manifold...

Originally Posted by ralliartist
well, what's the price? I've seen no mention of price and i volunterred to for the LSJ.
yeah i know, i havent forgotten :p i still have ur PM saved in my inbox

Last edited by Jn2; 07-16-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2009, 02:26 PM

No offence to vulcan but you guys shouldn't be paying before a product is completed. I'm sure Vulcan will make a quality product but I doubt even they know it will work before it is tested. Plus it sets a horrible precedence to customers having to pay for a product to be developed. Yeah the ecomony is crap but the venders need to be the ones taking the risks in this type of business

Quick Reply: High flow intake manifold***picking off where rebel stopped**