2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

How do you do the case relearn???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry How do you do the case relearn???

God damn, I tried to do it today with my Interceptor gauge which had the newest flash and I'm still not able to do it.

Moreover, Im only boosting 4 PSI maximum after doing a road test, after I installed my kit as well today this afternoon.

Do you have to press de brake pedal during the process, do you press HALF throttle, do you press gently on the throttle for reving, do you ???????????

How do you do it??????
Old 08-20-2009, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont know how to do it myself. i always took mine to the dealer every time i needed a relearn. cost only like 40 bucks each time. well worth getting it done right.! good luck
Old 08-20-2009, 08:39 PM

The gauge says to rev up to 4000-5000 RPM and holding it 4 sec and then turning the engine of during 30 sec and re-starting it after. It doesnt work...

But I dont know if I have to go WOT, pressing the throttle gently, or part throttle to get up to these RPMS

Plus Ive read somewhere that you have to press the brake pedal, the gauge tell to not do it. So now, how to know who is right and how to do?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:41 PM

u hav to use a GM tech 2 from the dealership. or maybe an higherend aftermarket scanner like a otc genysis
Old 08-21-2009, 02:15 AM

Yes but you are supposed to be able to do it with the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge and the latest firmware. I can see the function in the options: "Case relearn". But its the procedure I'm not sure anymore. What I would like to know is how to do it, the exact procedure (pressing the gaz pedal, etc etc) and I know that some people in this forum did it with the Dash Hack, HP tuners or the Interceptor gauge.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:20 AM

hook up snap on tool or hp tuners, have car at proper operating temp. start process.... roll throttle until redline. around 4500 rpm it will hesitate but keep going with the throttle. when u hit redline, it will say relearn complicated... and nowwwww your done

and this is all done in neutral in ur driveway, no driving necessary

Last edited by 06SS ALL DAY; 08-21-2009 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-21-2009, 02:21 AM

Take it to the dealer.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by 06SS ALL DAY
hook up snap on tool or hp tuners, have car at proper operating temp. start process.... roll throttle until redline. around 4500 rpm it will hesitate but keep going with the throttle. when u hit redline, it will say relearn complicated... and nowwwww your done

Relearn complicated? YES I AGREE SO MUCH! LOL! Just kidding

But wow, you have to go to redline, really!! Do you mean 6500 RPM or higher???

And when you press on the throttle, is it important how you press it? I mean, going part throttle, going gently until redline, does the ECM care?

And how much time that you have to keep it to that redline? You say that the tool will tell me case relearn done but does the check engine light will disapear at the same time too?

Thanks for you help! On my gauge, it told me to rev up to 4000-5000 RPM only but I guess that its not enough if you want the case relearn to be done.

Originally Posted by BooSSted
Take it to the dealer.
I just want to avoid them as much as I can (warranty). I don't want them to know that I have a 2.7" pulley + injectors + tuned PCM in my car. They accept however ALL my other mods (CAI, header, downpipe, stu mod, heat exchanger, dual pass endplate, WOT box, all my 3 gauges) + they know that I installed all of this myself! However and they told me that, if I go farther than GM Stage 2, they will not cover a broken piston.

Last edited by firepinch; 08-21-2009 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-21-2009, 02:47 AM

w.e. the redline is set to lol and dood i def meant to say COMPLETED not complicated lmao. im talking to my girl on the phone and typing this **** and i said she was a complicated bitch and i must of typed complicated lmao
Old 08-21-2009, 02:55 AM

LOL I know you made a typo don't worry I just found that funny! Heck I'm not too well placed to tell english people how to write, I'm myself less good than the average joe I'm a french guy and I speak english sooooo rarely. Its really just because I see it written if I'm at the level I'm at now!

So if I understand, your redline is the cutoff? Damn, mine is set to 7400 RPM per the tune of OTTP. Poor engine

So if I recap, I rev slowly the engine up to the cutoff and then I should be set. I'm gonna do that this afternoon!

Thanx dude for you help, this is really appreciated, I cant wait to know if this will work this time!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:51 AM

yo just go to 7100 rpm, dont float those valves lol. 7400 is hardcore
Old 08-21-2009, 12:16 PM

with hp you have to hold the brake through the entire process..(like.. before you turn the key on you have to be holding it.)
Old 08-21-2009, 03:15 PM

God damn, I can't get it to work!

I did 3 tries:

1- Starting the engine. Choosing the option "case relearn" on my gauge. In neutral, I applied the parking brake, depressed the brake pedal. I press on one of the two buttons for beginning the process. As soon as the gauge tells me to press on the throttle, I do it gently, until reaching 7000 RPM, I don't hit cutoff, during 3-4 seconds. I release the throttle, I turn off the engine, and after 30 sec I turn it on.

2- Starting the engine. Choosing the option "case relearn" on my gauge. In neutral, I applied the parking brake, depressed the brake pedal. I press on one of the two buttons for beginning the process. As soon as the gauge tells me to press on the throttle, I do it gently, until reaching cutoff at 7400 RPM, when the cutoff is reached I release immediatly the throttle, I turn off the engine, and after 30 sec I turn it on.

3- Starting the engine. Choosing the option "case relearn" on my gauge. In neutral, I applied the parking brake, depressed the brake pedal. I press on one of the two buttons for beginning the process. As soon as the gauge tells me to press on the throttle, I do it gently, until reaching 4000 RPM, holding it from 4000 to 5000 RPM during 3-4 sec and then going WOT to the cutoff. When the cutoff is reached I release immediatly the throttle, I turn off the engine, and after 30 sec I turn it on.

I want so much the case relearn done by this gauge, why some people succeeded to do it with the Interceptor and not me? What thing don't I do correctly?
Old 08-22-2009, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by 06SS ALL DAY

This doesn't happen to me, it doesnt hesitate at all... I'm so despaired! I guess that this will never work with the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, or this is me again who doesnt do it correctly...

You rev it up without releasing the gaz pedal right? You just depress the gaz pedal and this must takes 4 seconds between the moment you depress it and the moment when it hits betweeen 4000 and 5000 RPM? Or you bounce the rev limiter between 4000 RPM to 5000 RPM multiple times, during 4 seconds...

omg

And some people says to rev it up to 7K... I don't even know how agressive I have to be on the gaz pedal and if the 4 seconds time is really important for the process!!!
Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 PM

Try this:

Turn on the car, make sure it is up to normal temperatures.

Shut off all accessories.

Leave the car in neutral, parking brake off.

Hold the brake pedal down.

Shut off the car.

While still holding the brake pedal, start the car, hit case relearn, rev the car up to about 5k ish and hold it there for about 4 seconds.

If it says relearn complete, shut off the car, then release the brake.

Wait 30 seconds, fire up the car and everything should be good.

Kevin
Old 08-23-2009, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by OntarioKev
Try this:

Shut off the car.

While still holding the brake pedal, start the car, hit case relearn, rev the car up to about 5k ish and hold it there for about 4 seconds.

Kevin
Oh damn, I'll have to try this!! My parking brake was always on so maybe this is the reason why the case learn didnt want to work. I'll try this out this afternoon, after my sleep However I would like to point something out just before. Here is the procedure asked by HP Tuners sent by 383_Stroker by PM:

Originally Posted by 383_Stroker

Maybe that'll help!
Notice the "Gradually rev the engine to fuel cutoff (around 4000-5000 RPM's)". What the ****??? I mean, my fuel cutoff is at 7400 RPM, WAY more than only 4000-5000 RPM. I don't understand this.

And they also tell to apply the parking brake. So I'm gonna do it like you said, without it beeing applied and see if this works

Thanx!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Premium Member

Fuel cutoff for you is 7400 rpm's . The 4- 5000 rpm just an example used for the directions. Fuel cut off is basically the rev limiter so you must hit the limiter when doing the relearn.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by rukkee
Fuel cutoff for you is 7400 rpm's . The 4- 5000 rpm just an example used for the directions. Fuel cut off is basically the rev limiter so you must hit the limiter when doing the relearn.
When you do a case learn in HPT, it drops the limiter to 4-5k... Mine is normally 7.5 but it cut out at 5k during the case learn
Old 08-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 383_Stroker
When you do a case learn in HPT, it drops the limiter to 4-5k... Mine is normally 7.5 but it cut out at 5k during the case learn

Ahhh good to know . With a tech 2 you have to go to redline , and thats the only tool i've used. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by OntarioKev
Try this:

Shut off the car.

Kevin
Finally that manner doesn't work for me The cutoff I just don't hit it unless I rev it to 7400 RPM.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:48 PM

alright i just did my relearn about 1 month ago...its super easy takes less than 3 mins to do...hook up your tech2 and candi module...or if the interceptor is able to do it...do it like this...
hold the brake through out the whole process...car in neutral....you need both feet to do this...so hold the brake with your left foot...and when it asks you to accelerate...go WOT.....but dont let go of the brake...use ur right foot to accelarate as usual..remember ur in neutral...u wont go anywhere...and then your process is complete after that...if it didnt complete...try it again. if it doesnt go through after the 3rd time...you have another problem...could be a bad sensor or wiring
Old 08-23-2009, 06:11 PM

So I go WOT until I hit my redline at 7400 RPM according to you? And then releasing the gaz immediatly after I hear the fuel cutoff?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:04 PM

Just go to redline... it wont let you go past 7400k.

Dont mash the pedal... set on gradually.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:19 PM

it wont let you go to redline since your holding your brake...you will know when its done its relearn...it will bog a bit...since your holding the brake and accelerating at the same time. it will cut out around 4k-4.5krpm...got WOT....it wont let you hit redline.

i did this relearn as per instructions and the instructions state to go WOT
Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by mrsilent13
it wont let you go to redline since your holding your brake...you will know when its done its relearn...it will bog a bit...since your holding the brake and accelerating at the same time. it will cut out around 4k-4.5krpm...got WOT....it wont let you hit redline.

i did this relearn as per instructions and the instructions state to go WOT
God damn, maybe its because of my WOT box, and the fact that I had to modify to wiring of the ignition etc to make the WOT box works. Dont you think all?

Because it just doesnt want to cutoff before redline, even at WOT when holding the brake!!! Gonna try this out again in the following minutes, I'm gonna bring my car to a nice place for not bothering any neighboors...

Update: This doesnt work again.

I have another question: Do you start the case learn with the dash hawk / Interceptor BEFORE starting the engine, with the key to the ON position or it doesnt matter, you can start the CASE learn AFTER the car is started??? I think that this can be an important question As soon as you start the CASE learn by pressing the button on the gauge, it sends the command to the PCM right? So maybe I should do that with the key at the "ON" position with the engine off...

Last edited by firepinch; 08-25-2009 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: How do you do the case relearn???