2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

INTENSE is proud to bring you....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man igot two of those thingys in my trunk and no improvement j/k
Old 03-01-2006, 10:21 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cvenom2122
if we have a bad compression from factory, with a better compression made for high boost apps mabe we would gaine 5 ponies and a more stable car
Factory compression is for F/I applications. Higher compression = bad for boost.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Domestics Pwn

Originally Posted by FAST06SS
As for the price to install, we are offering a killer deal on installs at my shop, call me if interested. We are charging warranty time only, NOT book time which is inflated 40-60% over warranty!
Damn too bad you live all the way in Indy... Wanna fly to Phoenix ?
I dont want to do them myself... Im still trying to get the energy up to change my clutch.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:08 PM

These will void warranty correct? Man throw on some cams, pistons, stage kit, cai, and exhaust and we should see some balts putting down some fairly impressive numbers. I am deffinantly happy to see the aftermarket picking up it's coming along slowly but surely.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by cashstacker
These will void warranty correct? Man throw on some cams, pistons, stage kit, cai, and exhaust and we should see some balts putting down some fairly impressive numbers. I am deffinantly happy to see the aftermarket picking up it's coming along slowly but surely.
They shouldn't necessarily void the warranty...unless say someone got the 10.5:1 compression ratio and decided to put 87 octane with no tuning or means of reducing knock and blew their engine (theoretically of course). Simply swapping them however, I wouldn't see a problem with it.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tofu
They shouldn't necessarily void the warranty...unless say someone got the 10.5:1 compression ratio and decided to put 87 octane with no tuning or means of reducing knock and blew their engine (theoretically of course). Simply swapping them however, I wouldn't see a problem with it.
sweet I may consider this in the future. What about cams would they void warranty?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Banned

if it comes w/stickers that alone is good for 5 HP
Old 03-01-2006, 11:54 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
As soon as you tear into your engine you will void your warranty. No car maker is going to warranty the workmanship of some unknown mechanic or some aftermarket product put in the engine. There are to many working pieces for someone to mess with.
Having said that I am just waiting for someone to crack our pcm so that all these goodies won't be wasted with a 6500 rpm rev limiter. Once we have a real reflash for our cars out comes the motor and in go pistons, cams and valve train for a funtastic ride
Old 03-01-2006, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
As soon as you tear into your engine you will void your warranty. No car maker is going to warranty the workmanship of some unknown mechanic or some aftermarket product put in the engine. There are to many working pieces for someone to mess with.
Having said that I am just waiting for someone to crack our pcm so that all these goodies won't be wasted with a 6500 rpm rev limiter. Once we have a real reflash for our cars out comes the motor and in go pistons, cams and valve train for a funtastic ride
Not necessarily, that's what the magnusson-moss act is for. They must prove with substantial evidence that the part in question is what caused the malfunction.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:45 AM

How in the hell are they going to know you have aftermarket pistions unless one of them seizes and they have to crack the block? They arent and even then I highly doubt the mechanic knows EXACTLY what the stock pistions look like.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by ExHondaMan
I dont want to do them myself... Im still trying to get the energy up to change my clutch.

He used the last of his energy reserves getting up off the couch and grabbing that box of twinkies he stashed away. Could take Jay 4 months to do his clutch now.

Sorry dude, I had to...
Old 03-02-2006, 01:59 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by maxpit
Does anyone know if our valves overlap?
Well they're pretty close to each other, so they might!
WOT
Old 03-02-2006, 06:08 AM

lol, your an ass. You know the answer and wont tell him just to give yourself and me a laugh. Well done sir
Old 03-02-2006, 11:28 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Tofu
Not necessarily, that's what the magnusson-moss act is for. They must prove with substantial evidence that the part in question is what caused the malfunction.
I was thinking that it wouldn't so much be the part as much as the fact that many parts have to be removed and reassembled and how can a automaker be expected to warranty someone else's work who is not part of the company. Human error happens and when it is because of a GM employee our warranty covers it but I wouldn't bet on the warranty covering every other Tom, Dick & Harry. As far as the GM mechanic not knowing what the original piston looks like, he will if he his replacing a piston, because an original one will be in his hand.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
How in the hell are they going to know you have aftermarket pistions unless one of them seizes and they have to crack the block? They arent and even then I highly doubt the mechanic knows EXACTLY what the stock pistions look like.
Because just like in the SRT world, where MOPAR has released pictures of our parts to thier dealerships in a "do not warrenty" update, the manufacturers aren't as un-informed as your think.

Yes, the dealership has to prove that what you did affected the part in question, but if you replace the pistons and raise the compression you are putting more strain on the motor, and they will use that to imply a direct result on the portion of the car you are trying to warrenty.

Transmission broke because you added HP, shocks went cause you are making more torque, engine blew because you added more power. Thats what they will tell you.

Bottom line is that you have to pay to play. Hell, even mopar was watching the forums to see who modified thier cars and tried to put them back to stock to get warrenty on motors and such. The guys from MOPAR even took down my VIN number at a meet because I had an aftermarket turbo.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tiny@revitup
Because just like in the SRT world, where MOPAR has released pictures of our parts to thier dealerships in a "do not warrenty" update, the manufacturers aren't as un-informed as your think.

Yes, the dealership has to prove that what you did affected the part in question, but if you replace the pistons and raise the compression you are putting more strain on the motor, and they will use that to imply a direct result on the portion of the car you are trying to warrenty.

Transmission broke because you added HP, shocks went cause you are making more torque, engine blew because you added more power. Thats what they will tell you.

Bottom line is that you have to pay to play. Hell, even mopar was watching the forums to see who modified thier cars and tried to put them back to stock to get warrenty on motors and such. The guys from MOPAR even took down my VIN number at a meet because I had an aftermarket turbo.

Exactly. Above all else, they even have the right to void a warranty due to "abuse". So, if you're worried about warranty, don't even mod the car. The best thing to do is find out what your local dealership will allow.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by Bad06SS
Exactly. Above all else, they even have the right to void a warranty due to "abuse". So, if you're worried about warranty, don't even mod the car. The best thing to do is find out what your local dealership will allow.
very true...good advice too..
Old 03-02-2006, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
very true...good advice too..

You know what I'm waiting to see? If any cars that have the GM stage kits get voided warranties. It would really be sad, but unfortunately, we are likely to see atleast one case of someone's warranty getting voided on a GM Staged car.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:28 AM

Ok i have a noob question to ask here. If these were to be installed would you have to drive like your breaking the engine in again?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:36 AM

If you read the ECOtec Build book for the 250-400hp engine assembly and you follow that procedure for swapping pistons....

It would be pretty easy if you think about it...
Old 03-03-2006, 04:07 AM

ok, this may sound like a very dumb question, but i'm a car noob so bear with me. what does the compression ratio mean? i asked my bf, but he wasn't entirely sure. thnx.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:18 AM

Probably a repeat question but how much are they, and has anyone put them in yet?
Old 03-03-2006, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by kat_01
ok, this may sound like a very dumb question, but i'm a car noob so bear with me. what does the compression ratio mean? i asked my bf, but he wasn't entirely sure. thnx.
If i understand correctly its the volume of the combustion chamber "thats where the fuel, air and spark combine" when the piston is at the top and bottom of its stroke. or in otherwards how much air/fuel it can contain. But im not positive myself.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:26 AM

that's kinda what i was guessing. so in a 9.5:1 engine the air is compressed to 9.5 times is original volume on the compression stroke. and the more air compressed the more powerful of a bang...?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:16 AM

cool

Quick Reply: INTENSE is proud to bring you....