2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Just got new stuff in,Need Help w/aeorforce

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got new stuff in,Need Help w/aeorforce

hey guys, i just got my aeroforce interceptor in today, and i have to say i was kinda disappointed. not only does it look cheap as hell, but its not what i was told i was getting. i ordered it through cobalt-addiction, which was supost to be the SS start up screen edition, and its not. so that was pretty irritating. but besides that, the instructions suck on this thing. so it comes with the plug for my computer, and then another harness with a red, white, and green wire. i know the red if for 12v power to start the gauge up only when the ignition is turned on, but what are the others?? and how do i set up the shift lights? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks guys
Old 04-11-2008, 09:01 PM

The green and white wires are analog inputs .. and just go to your shift light option and the left button will increase the number and use the right button to move over tothe next number
Old 04-11-2008, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by kwest
hey guys, i just got my aeroforce interceptor in today, and i have to say i was kinda disappointed. not only does it look cheap as hell, but its not what i was told i was getting. i ordered it through cobalt-addiction, which was supost to be the SS start up screen edition, and its not. so that was pretty irritating. but besides that, the instructions suck on this thing. so it comes with the plug for my computer, and then another harness with a red, white, and green wire. i know the red if for 12v power to start the gauge up only when the ignition is turned on, but what are the others?? and how do i set up the shift lights? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks guys
subscribed
Old 04-11-2008, 09:13 PM

you have to set it up! READ THE MANUAL! Its really not that hard. Hit both buttons and figure it out! hit the left button to scroll the menu and the right button to select. you can choose the start up display you want and set the shift light (set the annunciator) then choose RPM and set it to where you want the shift light to come on then choose "above"
Old 04-11-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by ssmokin
you have to set it up! READ THE MANUAL! Its really not that hard. Hit both buttons and figure it out! hit the left button to scroll the menu and the right button to select. you can choose the start up display you want and set the shift light (set the annunciator) then choose RPM and set it to where you want the shift light to come on then choose "above"
oh so in the set up there is actually a SS startup option i have to pick? and what is the menu called where i set the shift light? i keep hitting the right button till i see it, then adjust it with which button?

Originally Posted by beercan
The green and white wires are analog inputs .. and just go to your shift light option and the left button will increase the number and use the right button to move over tothe next number
So the green and white i wouldnt even use in my case then??

Last edited by kwest; 04-11-2008 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-11-2008, 09:37 PM

SHIFT LIGHT

when you first start up the guage, it should say "annunciator not set up" hit both buttons and scroll (by hitting left button) to "annunciator" then hit the right button to select. then scroll to RPM and select. an asterisk should pop up next to RPM. then scroll down to EXIT. the guage should then read out 5 numbers. hit the left button to increase the numbers and when you are satisfied with that number hit the right button to continue to the next number. example, if your redline is 6800 you may want to set it at 6600. i have a 7200 and mine is set at 7000. after you have adjusted all of you numbers, the gauge will read "above" "below" and EXIT. highlight ABOVE and hit the right button then exit. your shift light is now set up.

LOGO

enter the menu and scroll to and select LOGO. scroll to and select SS. then EXIT. THATS IT!

hope that helps!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:41 PM

SHIFT LIGHT

when you first start up the guage, it should say "annunciator not set up" hit both buttons and scroll (by hitting left button) to "annunciator" then hit the right button to select. then scroll to RPM and select. an asterisk should pop up next to RPM. then scroll down to EXIT. the guage should then read out 5 numbers. hit the left button to increase the numbers and when you are satisfied with that number hit the right button to continue to the next number. example, if your redline is 6800 you may want to set it at 6600. i have a 7200 and mine is set at 7000. after you have adjusted all of you numbers, the gauge will read "above" "below" and EXIT. highlight ABOVE and hit the right button then exit. your shift light is now set up.

LOGO

enter the menu and scroll to and select LOGO. scroll to and select SS. then EXIT. THATS IT!

hope that helps!

wish i had u explain that **** 2 me i just found out how to work those stupid things but now heres another thing the new updated ones 2.4 frameware has a bulit in turbo/cool down timer
how do you turn it off lol
Old 04-11-2008, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by HidKidSS
wish i had u explain that **** 2 me i just found out how to work those stupid things but now heres another thing the new updated ones 2.4 frameware has a bulit in turbo/cool down timer
how do you turn it off lol
sorry dude..no idea!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:43 PM

ughh gr8 lol =/ so im stuck with a sc car with a fckin turbo timer on it...POINTLESSS!!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by HidKidSS
ughh gr8 lol =/ so im stuck with a sc car with a fckin turbo timer on it...POINTLESSS!!!!
well not really pointless. turbo timers are just for lazy people who dont wanna let their car cool down after a hard run before shutting it off.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:41 PM

if you go to www.aeroforcetech.com you can download the entire manual. i printed mine out. it makes life a lot easier than trying to use that dinky excuse for a manual that comes in the box.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:47 PM

SHIFT LIGHT

LOGO

hope that helps!
Wow thanks dude, helps out alot. im about to go outside and try it now. oh and on the green white and red wires, i just use the red wire for power and dont use the other two?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:04 PM

Wow thanks dude, helps out alot. im about to go outside and try it now. oh and on the green white and red wires, i just use the red wire for power and dont use the other two?
nope. just the red. BTW. do you see a little red thing plugged in the back of your gauge?

p.s. are you near mount belvieu?

Last edited by ssmokin; 04-11-2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-11-2008, 11:31 PM

nope. just the red. BTW. do you see a little red thing plugged in the back of your gauge?

p.s. are you near mount belvieu?
yes i see the red thing and im about 30 minutes away.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 PM

yes i see the red thing and im about 30 minutes away.
pull that red thing out! or it wont work properly. That is for the ion redlines. dont know why, just do it! it says it in the manual
Old 04-12-2008, 12:06 AM

pull that red thing out! or it wont work properly. That is for the ion redlines. dont know why, just do it! it says it in the manual
Hey what is the annunctiator? and what do i go to to set up the shift light?

and i ran the red power to a 12v for power...how do i get the gauge to come on as soon as i turn the key on with my other gauges?

Last edited by kwest; 04-12-2008 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-12-2008, 12:07 AM

annunciator is the shift light...well, its both led lights and you can set them to come on for multiple parameters. didnt you read my above post? LOL i thought i explained it! lol
Old 04-12-2008, 12:14 AM

oh yea yea yea yea...haha sorry i forgot. oh and what about getting it to turn on as soon as the key is turned on?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:20 AM

oh yea yea yea yea...haha sorry i forgot. oh and what about getting it to turn on as soon as the key is turned on?
what the gauge? where did you connect the red wire to?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:21 AM

Here is a link to the online manual

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/files/I..._version_4.pdf
Old 04-12-2008, 12:26 AM

what the gauge? where did you connect the red wire to?
I have a add a fuse that i ran through the firewall and up to my fuse box. and when i turn my car on i still have to hold the two buttons down to turn the gauge on
Old 04-12-2008, 12:28 AM

I have a add a fuse that i ran through the firewall and up to my fuse box. and when i turn my car on i still have to hold the two buttons down to turn the gauge on
what fuse did you add to?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:31 AM

I ran mine to the wiper fuse and it comes on when the accesories come on no problem
Old 04-12-2008, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by KillerBee
Here is a link to the online manual

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/files/I..._version_4.pdf
thanks a ton, that has alot of good info!!

Originally Posted by KillerBee
I ran mine to the wiper fuse and it comes on when the accesories come on no problem
yea, i ran mine on the same power wire that i have my afr gauge ran to, and my afr gauge comes on when i turn the key on but the aeroforce doesnt...hmm i duno i guess i did something wrong but i will have to wait till tomorrow when i have daylight

Last edited by kwest; 04-12-2008 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-12-2008, 12:35 AM

did you pull out that red thing from the back of the gauge?

Quick Reply: Just got new stuff in,Need Help w/aeorforce