2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Longtube Header Installed Today, "Review" :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Longtube Header Installed Today, "Review" :)

My Car, 2006 SS/SC, GM Stage 2, GMPP Performance Catback, K&N CAI, 2.8 Pulley, Eibach Springs, Many Small Touches and Mods over the years. 74K Miles, most with Mods Installed.

I installed my OTTP Longtube Header Today in the Snow. Thank God for the Lift we used!
Had a Major Exhaust Leak (Stock Flex Joint) and decided it was time for a Long Tube.

I'm sad to say, It took OTTP 45+days to ship the header. I was patient and got the one I wanted and am happy with it. It did not come with an O2 extension but that was easily fixed. No worries and would buy again from OTTP, (Just not in a hurry, lol)

My initial impressions of the Header are Good. Good Quality and the Fit Was Great. It was a pain to install but only took 2.5 hours on the lift. Had to rotate the motor forward and drop in the header from the top. I got the Header with Cat, 2.5" Flange and 2.5-3" Merge Collector.

I like the sound, sounds deeper and louder. No rasp and very little drone (less drone than before).

I do however have a concern:
The header puts the down pipe (the one that came with the header) about 1.5-2 inches higher in the exhaust tunnel. I like this as it tucks the exhaust resonator more in the car avoiding road issues and still maintains clearances. The rear section of the exhaust however is hitting on the exhaust bracket at the middle Hanger between resonator and muffler. The rubbing is concerning me and I spent an hour trying to resolve the issue with no luck.

I'm thinking a custom exhaust is in order to fix the fitting issues. Anyone else experience this and have a remedy? Any exhausts available that account for this? I'm thinking maybe Hahn or ZZP or Doing a Dynomax VT and Resonator?

To come: Remedy Exhaust Issues, Clean up some wiring and do some cosmetic changes, Finish N20 install and Tuning.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:21 PM

My exhaust did that when I put a header on my prelude, I had to take it to a exhaust shop and they bent it enough to keep from rubbing.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Elite v1
My exhaust did that when I put a header on my prelude, I had to take it to a exhaust shop and they bent it enough to keep from rubbing.
Kinda what I was thinking, Maybe that's the best way to go?