2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Meth Injection Kit Help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meth Injection Kit Help...

I just ordered the Snow Performance meth injection kit. I hear alot of people talking about injecting before or after the super charger. Can anyone tell me the difference and how would you inject after the supercharger? All I see is people putting it before the supercharger, but I heard its not as safe. I saw someone try posting a how to, and pics of the install. The link doesnt work for me, can anyone get pics for me me. Would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:34 PM

Here's my take on it with a couple years experience. I've always injected it before the supercharger. The reason people say not to is that it can ruin the coating on the rotors. I have found that in my experience and some others that the rotors can lose the coating over time without spraying anything through them anyway. The alcohol seems to bond to the rotors while spraying and I've seen 1-2psi gain while spraying. Others have seen this also. Seems like the worst from spraying is losing that coating and if you remove the kit you might lose a psi or so from that. Some benefits are better distribution, cooler blower temps, and easier installation. If you spray before the TB you don't need a check vavle or solenoid, although I recommend either anyway. The tests I've done were on a GTP, but it's basically the same thing. I've also had my blower apart and the rotors were fine after spraying for just about a year with denatured alcohol/water first bottle then isoproply/water after (for cheaper price and more reliable mixture then w/w fluid). HTH
Old 04-21-2007, 07:17 PM

Thanks. anybody else got any comments? If I were to inject after the supercharger... were would it go?!? Im just trying to get everything figured out. Thanks a lot guys.