2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

MY screwed up Dezod 2.75 exhaust system story....please read

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DWK5150
I find this all very intersting but a few days ago you were just selling this thing cause its loud and now its broken or has problems????

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/parts-66/dezod-2-75-down-pipe-sale-30838/

no dude youre wrong.....the downpipe was not broken! It made my car loud and raspy as hell I took it off and my catback still sounded raspy or broken! I wouldnt try to sell a broken piece..
Old 09-05-2006, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dezod
Also, if so you need to make sure you filled out your warranty card information.

Well i didnt and dont have it anymore......
Old 09-05-2006, 12:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 09-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by badboylb32
Well i didnt and dont have it anymore......
That is needed for warranty work if it becomes necessary. Try to find it and mail it in.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:53 PM

I just now saw this post, and finally responded. I could not be on the web much because of some virus I scooped anyway...............

You did not like RT's downpipe with the cat-back. Understandable. You removed it, and now it's broken? The only way to break it would be through exhaust leaks, and/or user install error OR bottoming out the system and damaging the pipes.

Explain to me how RT's downpipe broke the catback? It is impossible! It will alter the sound. Simple dynamics there! No guess work there. I think we all can vouch for that.
I had my cat removed from stock system and it made it raspy and annoying. The increased flow blew out the muffler baffles and makes it rattle like crazy...my buddy had the same thing happen and when we replaced the muffler it went away. If u use a chambered muffler design removing the cat has a good chance of blowing out the baffles expecially since they werent designed for that much flow....just posting from experience and how an increase in flow can ruin a chambered muffler design...so is yours straight thru or a chambered design?

Dan
Old 09-05-2006, 12:53 PM

u should just b lucky u went with a cat i gutted mine an my exhaust is loud as ****
Old 09-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 05BlackCobaltSS
I feel ya. If i spent almost 1k on an exhaust system to have it sound like ****, and then no where to turn for help, yea, id be a bit pissed to.
The fact of the matter is we are here to help and are more than willing, but we have protocal to follow and are willing to help but NEED GROUNDS TO HELP. This can be as simple as him not replacing gaskets. We can not held accountable for that.

He also needs to find and mail in his warranty card as well.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:01 PM

Well from all the reading and if his account is full accuarte of what he expierenced speaking to Dezod. Dezod you still should have been nicer to one of your customers that almost spent 1k on this exhaust from you guys. It sounds like you all did not even give him any suggestions at all in helping him with his situation. Bad customer service=the sux.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:01 PM

You said use the stock gaskets anyways......i have the gaskets ordered but i dont think it will help...
Old 09-05-2006, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by L.P.
Well from all the reading and if his account is full accuarte of what he expierenced speaking to Dezod. Dezod you still should have been nicer to one of your customers that almost spent 1k on this exhaust from you guys. It sounds like you all did not even give him any suggestions at all in helping him with his situation. Bad customer service=the sux.
Yea he hasnt tried helping me at all until he saw this thread! I will look for the warrenty card. I think I know where it is..
Old 09-05-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by djt81185
I had my cat removed from stock system and it made it raspy and annoying. The increased flow blew out the muffler baffles and makes it rattle like crazy...my buddy had the same thing happen and when we replaced the muffler it went away. If u use a chambered muffler design removing the cat has a good chance of blowing out the baffles expecially since they werent designed for that much flow....just posting from experience and how an increase in flow can ruin a chambered muffler design...so is yours straight thru or a chambered design?

Dan

anything to say on that p?
Old 09-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by L.P.
Your right, I am probably guilty of cutting him a little short and I was having an off weekend, but I DID give suggestions to him. He just chose not to abide by them.

On 9-1-06 @ 11:52 I suggested the gaskets and leaks. So here we are now, 5+ pages later of ranting and bashing on us and still at square one.

I said it before and I will state it again, if it is broken (so how) we will replace it with the warranty card.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:20 PM

AW thank you paul that is awsome, such good customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure will send in the warrenty card today or tom. and after I replace the gaskets and spend 80 more dollars and the exhaust still sounds screwed you can send me a new one. and then of coarse 125 more dollars for another install! But yea thanks im glad you came around...i appreciate it ....
Old 09-05-2006, 01:22 PM

I said it before and I will state it again, if it is broken (so how) we will replace it with the warranty card.

you should have told me this when i first came to you with this problem....
Old 09-05-2006, 01:22 PM

I'll still be going GMPP, better for where i live anyways.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor

anything to say on that p?
It's non-chambered straight through.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jerm
Sounds like a dirt bike.

That does not sounds likea dirt bike.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by zinner
That does not sounds likea dirt bike.
sounds like a 2 stroke motor to me. Hey wait, thats what is in a dirt bike(for the most part).
Old 09-05-2006, 08:37 PM

yea deff not worth all the trouble the badboy went through as for the camera ya didnt have to be such a doushe about the kid trying to do u a favor and advertize for you didnt have to make him looks stupid for it. bdaboy you should post a vid of your car w/ a working exhaust. and after this i wont even be going on pauls website ever again. guess im gonna go w/ cobalt-addiction when the time comes.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
amen to that
Old 09-05-2006, 09:35 PM

I bought the cat back exhaust system from old paul and the down pipe all at once for 850 dollars. The cat back got here and i installed it and was totally satified with it. It sounded good and I even bought a digital camera to put up videos for paul (Dezod). So the down pipe was taking forever to come in so i asked paul if the downpipe would change the tone of the exhaust at all and make it raspy and he said " no change in tone at all just a little bit louder." I was making sure the downpipe would work perfectly with this cat back because they were both 2.75 from dezod i thought they would. Paul even said the system sounded amazing together. So I put the down pipe on and the damn thing was a disaster. LOUD AND RASPY AS HELL! I am not exaggerating at all I swear to God on my soul it made my ears ring! My girl friend had to cover her ears! The cat back alone is pretty loud but its deep and clear. With the down pipe its so high pitched it will scare the hell out of you. So I get the down pipe taken off expecting my cat back to sound good again but hell no i was wrong. My cat back is now raspy as all hell not the least bit deep and just plane out broken. THAT ALL SAID..... So I pm old paul and tell him everything i can and this dude wont work with me at all. He doesnt even give a **** that i tried to help his multi milllion dollar company out by posting videos of his exhaust. I bought the 400 dollar dig camera mainly to do that. To help yall out also! So this is what I get a loss of 850 bucks for parts 235 for labor and now I walk out with a shitty sounding 600 dollar cat back. All my hard earned money on bull **** and im trying to save up for school. Im only 21 and i bust my ass for my money and paul knew this the first day i talked to him. I am discusted to all hell and i .....never fn mind! Yea I know i bought at my own risk right? Yea paul tries to act all cool with you and then when you need him to be there for you you get the bird! All he has to say now is i must have a leak or I bought at my own risk! All i wanted was the back piece with the muffler because i guess that is what was messed up. Just dont buy this system together guys. The down pipe might be good quality but the exaust must not be. Look I might get flamed by some asses for this but i just wanted to tell yall this ****. I love this site and hopefully i dont get banned for this. Most people probably wont even read this whole thing. But those of you that do thanks for hearing me out.....I am pissed and F that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Call me immature, stupid, whatever. I went out on a limb and got this system with complete confedence hoping to find a good exhaust for all of us here. I SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH THE CORSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW THE VIDEOS

Click here to watch messed-up

Click here to watch messed-up-2

This is one before the screwover...

Click here to watch My-boy-cody-trying-to-stunt-my-hosting

good lord that sounds terrible!
Old 09-05-2006, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
sounds like a 2 stroke motor to me. Hey wait, thats what is in a dirt bike(for the most part).

well there are 2 stroke and 4 stroke "dirt bikes." does actually kinda sound like a 2 stroke though, you're right.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
well there are 2 stroke and 4 stroke "dirt bikes." does actually kinda sound like a 2 stroke though, you're right.
Yeah the Thumpers. My 400EX had a better tone than that exhaust.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:48 PM

Old 09-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
I know, thats why I used 'for the most part'. I could have used te weedeater resemblance, but that wasn't proper.

Quick Reply: MY screwed up Dezod 2.75 exhaust system story....please read