2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Please I Need Major Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please I Need Major Help

I live in Atlanta, but I am on Spring Break in Panama City Florida.

My car's check engine light was flashing and the car was stumbling badly. I checked the manual and it said it was a misfire...so I bought new spark plugs and changed them. The check engine light went off and the car ran fine for about 50 more miles. Then the engine light came on again and the car ran poorly.

I brought the car into the local Chevy dealership and they said that there was almost no pressure in Cylinder 1...about 30 lbs...the other 3 were fine with around 160 lbs or so in them. (However, when I changed the spark plugs...Cylinder 2 was the one that was fouled).

I have done the following upgrades to my car... Stage 3 Supercharger Kit from Intense Racing. This consists of a new supercharger pulley, a new tensioner pulley, new fuel injectors, re-programmed PCM (that's all I can recall)...I installed it myself...but it has been 10,000 or so miles with the kit in with no problems. I also have a GM Cat-Back exhaust on it, also installed myself.

The dealer said his guess was that either the ring on the piston was bad, or that it blew a hole in the piston. Could this be from over-boosting the engine? He also said there was no oil showing on the dipstick...when the oil was fine before the trip (300 miles ago or so).

My question...can anyone help me at all? The dealer said they cannot promise me it will be under warranty or not? Has anyone had a similar problem? The dealer still doesn't exactly know what is wrong with it? Anyone with experience know what could be wrong? Anyone know anything about the warranty? What could have caused it?

ANY help...or any light you can shed on the situation would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:43 PM

Sounds like a piston, finally someone that didn't blow #4. I would say a blown ringland. Then again Intense tunes are known for running lean, so maybe you melted it.

You really shouldn't expect the dealer to warranty, and they probably won't. Chances are the motor will need to come out, unless it is just a hole in the piston and no ring/sleeve damage.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like probably a bad piston or piston ring....although you can do a wet compression test to see whether it's a valve or piston problem. Seems kind of odd, usually it's the #4 piston, not #1.

This should NOT be covered under warranty. You might get lucky with the dealer, you might not, but they're not obligated to cover it since there's a good chance that the Intense kit contributed greatly to nuking the motor.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:47 PM

dude that sucks, i agree with wsfrazier. dude im only 25 minutes from u lol
Old 04-08-2007, 02:09 PM

This thread died rather quickly. No one seems to really have a great explanation. What is your best guess as to what caused this?

P.S.- I find out on Monday about it.