2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Poly Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poly Inserts

Why don't we have Poly Inserts? I saw some for the SRT-4, pretty sweet I thought. They just 'insert' to fill the gaps of the stock mounts. Then you can easily remove them to go back to stock.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:20 PM

Dude, You can buy poly. mounts from INTENSE and switch them out with your stock ones.

WARNING: They WILL make you car vibrate and you can hear/feel the motor all the time.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:29 PM

I know about the poly mounts and I'm not too interested in the vibrations. What I'm looking for is inserts that will fit with the stock mounts - they should cause less vibration only stop big movements.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ballerSS
I know about the poly mounts and I'm not too interested in the vibrations. What I'm looking for is inserts that will fit with the stock mounts - they should cause less vibration only stop big movements.

umm look at intense. those ARE inserts. you didn't think the entire engine mount was polyurethane did you?
Old 08-06-2006, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
umm look at intense. those ARE inserts. you didn't think the entire engine mount was polyurethane did you?

what he means are ones that are molded to fill the gaps that the stock ones have.. ONLY THING is there are no gaps, we had solid RUBBER mounts,

in my old 91 civic the mounts whre rubber but not solid, there where holes though the mounts to better absord the motor vibrations, there where inserts Polyurathane Inserts that came together like a Sanwhich on the mounts and filled all those little gaps...

thats WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT

Only problem is we already have solid mounts, JUST NOT POLYURATHANE ones...
Old 08-06-2006, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by mugencivicsi
what he means are ones that are molded to fill the gaps that the stock ones have.. ONLY THING is there are no gaps, we had solid RUBBER mounts,

in my old 91 civic the mounts whre rubber but not solid, there where holes though the mounts to better absord the motor vibrations, there where inserts Polyurathane Inserts that came together like a Sanwhich on the mounts and filled all those little gaps...

thats WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT

Only problem is we already have solid mounts, JUST NOT POLYURATHANE ones...
Thanks mugencivicsi, you know exactly what I am talking about. Only I'm talking about the tranny mounts. Here's a picture... these wouldn't be considered solid would they?

Old 08-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ballerSS
Thanks mugencivicsi, you know exactly what I am talking about. Only I'm talking about the tranny mounts. Here's a picture... these wouldn't be considered solid would they?

ah my bad, i know what you're talking about now. i didn't pay attention to the srt part. no, we don't have any of those yet. all we have are the replacements