Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   pully choice help.. (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/pully-choice-help-41924/)

1fstss 12-28-2006 04:47 AM

pully choice help..

ive done tons of reading and i still cant make up my mind!!! i spray a 75 shot right now i plan on keeping the spray, i also have a 3 inch exhaust and a XTC intake. im ready to order a new pully and hub, but what should i get? im so tossed up between the GM stage 2 with the pullyboys 2.8 pully or should i get like the ZZP hub then buy the injectors and such. i dont care about the warrenty, and im looking for bang for the buck (just like everyone else) im thinking i want to stick with like a 2.7 or 2.8inch pully as i dont want to send my head through the hood. but what is my best bet as far as setups?

cobaltstg2 12-28-2006 04:11 PM

just for safety reasons i would run a gm kit but i would not run the 2.8 on it .... it runs way to lean and your idc is way off the charts not safe .... i have been a victim of such foolish bang for your buck only now i am smarter if you plan running any thing below 3.0 do your self a favor get some 60 lbs injectors two step colder plugs and a person who know how to tune the damn car...... or run it lean to hell and crack a piston or head gasket your choice.... i know the safer one

an0malous 12-28-2006 04:14 PM

stage 2 with a 2.8 and a 75 shot is gonna hurt your engine.

id forget about the 2.8 and just go S2 with your spray.

CTCOBALTSSS 12-28-2006 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
stage 2 with a 2.8 and a 75 shot is gonna hurt your engine.

id forget about the 2.8 and just go S2 with your spray.

Yes good call. If you spray i would stay with just stage 2 as well.

No spray, I would say no smaller than a 2.9" pulley. :twothumbs

cobaltstg2 12-28-2006 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
Yes good call. If you spray i would stay with just stage 2 as well.

No spray, I would say no smaller than a 2.9" pulley. :twothumbs

x2 agreed

rick1217 12-28-2006 04:36 PM

go aftermarket, gm stg 2 is a waste if you dont need warranty.....buy a kit for jim at tag racecraft, i would recondmend 60s with anything smaller than 2.8 for sure, maybe even 60s w/ a 2.8 just to be safe....i dont think you will have a problem w/ spraying w/ a smaller pulley because, the nos will cool down AIT....spray at your own risk.....

CTCOBALTSSS 12-28-2006 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by rick1217
go aftermarket, gm stg 2 is a waste if you dont need warranty.....buy a kit for jim at tag racecraft, i would recondmend 60s with anything smaller than 2.8 for sure, maybe even 60s w/ a 2.8 just to be safe....i dont think you will have a problem w/ spraying w/ a smaller pulley because, the nos will cool down AIT....spray at your own risk.....

Yeah a 2.8" pulley, 60lb. injectors and spray is a nice combo. WOT! :guns:

rick1217 12-28-2006 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by CTCOBALTSSS
Yeah a 2.8" pulley, 60lb. injectors and spray is a nice combo. WOT! :guns:

and i only have a 2.8 and 42s:thumbsdow haha.....oh well i havn't even installed it yet and dont even know when i will ever get a chance too..... i am really liking the twin screw swap from tag, so i might just start saving for that instead.....:guns: