2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Quick question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question

Has anyone gotten the full CTI Exhaust set up?, mine came today and its the full 3" no cat, header d/p and I wanna install it today, Im wondering how long it took some of you to do the install..

Bump. Ok how long does any setup take approx..

Last edited by MrSlickSter06SS; 12-16-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-16-2009, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have their full setup.

Its going to take you at least 4 hours. Get a buddy to help.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
4 hours to install exhaust? Why so long, is this one a pain in the ass or something?
Old 12-16-2009, 11:30 AM

Its not fun laying under the car trying to install a header and exhaust. I would just have an exhaust shop install it if you know of any local where you can get a deal. Once you have it on a lift it should only take an hour.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:33 AM

a buddie and myslef installed Hahn header dp and cat back in 2.5 hours on jack stands...header and bolts from the header to the dp were a bitch
Old 12-16-2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Maven
4 hours to install exhaust? Why so long, is this one a pain in the ass or something?
On Jack Stands. Including removing the old exhaust. I would say that is about right.

The header bolts are pretty easy to remove from the stock manifold. But installing the CTI header is a little harder. You can only make 1/8 to 1/4 turns on two of the bolts.

I would also recommend cutting the stock cat-back off. I wrestled with mine for about 30 minuets before I grabbed the sawzall!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ecotecturbo
Its not fun laying under the car trying to install a header and exhaust. I would just have an exhaust shop install it if you know of any local where you can get a deal. Once you have it on a lift it should only take an hour.

This.....that explains it. Sorry guys I am a little spoiled, I havent been forced to do mods on the ground in years.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by ebristol
On Jack Stands. Including removing the old exhaust. I would say that is about right.

The header bolts are pretty easy to remove from the stock manifold. But installing the CTI header is a little harder. You can only make 1/8 to 1/4 turns on two of the bolts.

I would also recommend cutting the stock cat-back off. I wrestled with mine for about 30 minuets before I grabbed the sawzall!
lmao ok well ima give that a try lol seeings how laying on my back is my only option here but uhh, yeah I dont know if I truely wanna cut my exhaust lol in case forwhat ever reason, but if I get mad enough I will lmao. Thanks guys.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
header is a bitch. even more worse with a bum elbow like mine. SO i figure 3hrs for myself, but i've also done quite a few. 3-4hrs on average with all tools present and not needing to run around gahering things
Old 12-17-2009, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by WickedSS2005
header is a bitch. even more worse with a bum elbow like mine. SO i figure 3hrs for myself, but i've also done quite a few. 3-4hrs on average with all tools present and not needing to run around gahering things
Well Tom you are right lol took me 4 hours, and its alot more responsive like holy **** *****, and wayyyy f^*$in loud lmao I love it, although I cant hear my whine ;(, and uhh I got the uego bung hooked up to the down pipe, but the gauge it self is not, because im unsure how,where,and what to connect it to lmao so... maybe some ideas on that one, and Tom I need to speak with you on regards of a retune if you dont mind.... Other thn that went on good as ****, and no cel's so yeppie!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For best life expectancy, do not use the wideband unless it is powered up. I would remove it and place a bung in the downpipe til you are ready to hook up the gauge
Old 12-17-2009, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by WickedSS2005
For best life expectancy, do not use the wideband unless it is powered up. I would remove it and place a bung in the downpipe til you are ready to hook up the gauge
Well the gauge isnt hooked up I just have the bung screwed in because I dont have a plug, so Ima mess with either tomorrow or maybe monday when im off again, and get it powered up.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:11 AM

Oh yeah my sawzal was out and ready before I even started did not want to even deal with dropping the rear to get the stock on out.

On a side note...took my front bumper off the other day to install my H/E....all i ahve to say is F that I never want to take that thing off again
Old 12-17-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by n323er
On a side note...took my front bumper off the other day to install my H/E....all i ahve to say is F that I never want to take that thing off again
Really? I find that pretty easy.

And I think it sends a message to your car when you take the front fascia off. It lets the car know that you mean business!

Sort of like taking the bra off a woman. lol
Old 12-17-2009, 03:57 PM

Really? I find that pretty easy.

And I think it sends a message to your car when you take the front fascia off. It lets the car know that you mean business!

Sort of like taking the bra off a woman. lol
lmfao maybe thats why mine has been so damn moody....
Also side note after I changed out the exhaust and yes I used the sawzall myself lmao, but I was driving home and I live in Mount Gilead now not in Columbus (OH) so, it was a good drive, but it seemed to me that I had gotten better gas milage Lol, no bull ****. Its weired....
Old 12-17-2009, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say around 3 hours too. The header is the biggest bitch because some of the bolts are a pain in the ass to reach. And when you're taking off the stock catback, just cut it off where it goes over the axle. It's quicker and easier than trying to finagle it outta there. Trust me.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Billig ss/sc
I would say around 3 hours too. The header is the biggest bitch because some of the bolts are a pain in the ass to reach. And when you're taking off the stock catback, just cut it off where it goes over the axle. It's quicker and easier than trying to finagle it outta there. Trust me.
I'd have to agree
Old 12-17-2009, 06:29 PM

Doing my full CTI setup this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Anybody have any recommendations as far as tools go?

I should have everything I need but this will be my first header install so any advice is welcome.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pyros777
Doing my full CTI setup this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Anybody have any recommendations as far as tools go?

I should have everything I need but this will be my first header install so any advice is welcome.
Well lol seeings how I just did mine, if you wanna keep your stock exhaust its gonna take some time to get it off without damaging it, but ifnot sawzall that **** lol its a whole heck of alot faster. I unbolted the exhaust mani. and sawzall the cat off and pulled it up threw the top out of the hood area and I took my header down thru the top it was very simple that way and cuts out alot of time. I would suggest get some angeled, broken neck wrenchs, semi small wrenches and maybe a pipe to go over them to help squeeze your self around everything when bolting the new header up, thats whats gonna take ALOT of time lol because the space is so small that you can only turn them just a bit. So broken neck/swivel sockets and wrenches. Most of the bolts are easier to get to from up top of the car, and a couple of bottom ones are easest at the bottom, but its just occured, and tiring Lmao. catback is a charm, at least for me it was, I had no problems and it only took like maybe 10 mins at most to get it on there, lining it up and then tightening the bolts down after I figure where I want the exhaust to sit. So try that, when your doing the cat-back, just set em up there and then once positioned tighten it all down. Make sure you have a buddy so much easier lol. Good Luck, let us know if you need more guidence.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 PM

Appreciate it! Looks like I'll be stopping by Sears tonight... mwhaha.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:42 PM

Maven is right spoiled !!!!

The time is right without a hoist I done it both ways this summer. An inverted torx to take the studs out makes the header a lot easier. The best? I have done it 4 times this year:
Change the header when the engine is out of the car on a hoist ha ha....done that twice
Iin the driveway once,(horrible)

and on the hoist once or twice engine in the car because i got tired of the magnaflow muffler fast so tried Corsa, DC sports, Stock SC (choke it up but very quiet) and currently run a dynomax turbo muffler, liveable but not there yet. In the spring...

Oh i forgot to mention get some permatex red exhaust gasket sealer its better than anything, and the top bolt on the three bolt flange on the downpipe from the header is a PITA along with the drivers side studs....1/4 drive worked best for me to get in and an inch pound torque wrench. The CTI copper gasket for the header is primo also....
Old 12-18-2009, 07:53 PM

Ok well lol my cel came on lmao, and its throwing for the cat, which I have no-cat, so... what did you guys do to clear it out...? Retune...?