2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Rebel Auto Worxs Twin Screw tuning session and Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:16 AM
RG4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Onyxd04Redline whos turbo kit are u getting ?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by KillerBee
Why do some of you guys put negative comments toward these people other vendors are gunna see that **** and wanna leave and then we will be fucked over so if you dont have anything reasonable to say then dont say it and btw i am interested in the twinscrew how many fwd cars have them and 3500 aint a bad price specaily if they have it set up where it wont hurt our internals
Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
I'm a troll because i'm not kissing there ass and praising them? Relax little boy. They can handle a little negative attention and opinions.

It's a sad day when an opinion that doesn't agree with the whole is considered "Trolling".
no, its sad when you keep on trolling these forums throwing your worthless opinion around and talking out of your ass
Old 07-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Doc

Enough of the petty bickering, I dislike reading it while I am trying to gather some info. It is another option, which has yet to be maxed out. Give it time before making any assumptions. Another thing, he's had some worthwhile posts.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sales@rebelautoworxs
Regardless Fellas Lets keep this thread on track.
Ok i think the vendor has made many points through out this thread to stay on topic and to the point of the twinscrew thanks guys
Old 07-26-2007, 02:03 AM

very very nice! are you going to ever do anything with a bigger blower? id like to make 500whp. and yes i have the supporting mods to handle it.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:07 AM

all ima add is that this blower is nowhere close to being maxed out... stock exhaust, conservative tune, 17 degrees timing.. open that bad boy up.. 25 degrees, meth, full exhaust.. 350whp .. then it will b worth the money..

how u gonna compare the stock blower wit high timing, radical tune, meth injection, overspinning the blower with all supporting mods to a car with a blower swap and an intake and a conservative tune????
Old 07-26-2007, 02:20 AM

280 at only 5500... I'm impressed, can't wait to see the results with the bigger pulley.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many people do you actually think can afford these kits? 3? 5? They won't sell more then 5. Quote me.
IIRC... 5 or 6 people already have deposits($1500) down for this kit and sounds like lots of poeple like this blower, so I am sure more will sell..... I like the fact of staying supercharged but want to see somebody max this blower out and see what it can do....
They will probally only sell the kit so it makes +/-300whp because in most cases that is alot for some people and it will be reliable to make those numbers with this blower, once you exceed that number, stuff will start to break and will require more money, but like that Rebel guy said, why cant we just overspin this blower like everyone else is doing with there Eatons and run water/meth, and other supporting mods, etc..... I am sure with proper mods we can see close to/over 400whp.... will probally require internals/head work, etc... but I am sure it could be done.... I am just waiting for some of the others guys that have deposits on this kit to get theres, cause some of them say they will max this blower out and see what kind of numbers it will make....
I am also sure they will sell stage kits for people that want more power.... but they are not going to sell a kit that will require people to dump all kinds of money into the car just so it doesnt blow up in the first week.....
Old 07-26-2007, 02:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i wanna see numbers, but im more excited for their futur projects
Old 07-26-2007, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Doc
Enough of the petty bickering, I dislike reading it while I am trying to gather some info. It is another option, which has yet to be maxed out. Give it time before making any assumptions. Another thing, he's had some worthwhile posts.
+ a million!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:15 AM

Old 07-26-2007, 09:19 AM

It is hard waiting for the next dyno tune and the exhaust getting added. I can not wait to see the numbers and tune. Want to see how much the blower is spinning to make those numbers and the heat output. Going to be very interesting.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Acidangel_5.0
lawl catz ftw
Old 07-26-2007, 09:32 AM

Rebel: were these numbers obtained on a Mustang Dyno or DynoJet? Also, are y'all running an Interceptor or other setup on there for IAT monitoring? If so, what kind of IATs are you seeing? What kind of AFR? etc.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:43 AM

Lets Try and keep to the facts.
The Dyno was a DynoJet. We're using Hp tuners to monitor eveything aswell as tune.
Iat's as i said are much lower than the eaton unit typical drop of 50degrees, that is the real news. The other good part is there is more left in the blower.
How about I make some passes on the dyno with some meth and 25 degrees for you guys then your going to see crazy numbers. Will that make everyone happy. I'm sure the test cars stock clutch will love it.... We're trying to keep the beating to a minimum on the test car.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the info. Was it even building full boost on the DynoJet? I would like to see how it performs on an MD. I like your numbers because I know how much more potential is locked up in there, as well as understand the wanting to not beat the crap out of the test car. That is good news on the IATs. Also, what were the weather conditions/altitude of dyno run?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by UmeNNis
no, its sad when you keep on trolling these forums throwing your worthless opinion around and talking out of your ass
Talking out of my ass? Please point out which statement's that were total bullshit.

Price - 3000-3500 - Overpriced - Correct
Blower - 1.2L Whipple - Too Small - Correct
Gains - 300+Whp with exhaust at 20Psi - Shitty - Correct
Turbo KIt - Hahn - Better for the money - Correct

What was bullshit again? Stop following the whole and form your own opinion.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:00 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by MaJ
Twinscrew 2.0, and Supercharged 2.4!

You guys are CRAZY! Damn that's cool.
And evidentally, you will be able to twinscrew the 2.4L as well, with the correct internals of course, but yeha. 2.4L twinscrew.

Originally Posted by g5mike
I'm already there,I'll have the engine pulled out to finish up,then go this route,seems the turbo setup don't like me cams
So what exactly do Race Ported Heads do? is that just helping the air flow a lot more? Sorry for the noob question.

Originally Posted by 1gmfanatik
I don't know...With the right charger and tuning done as well as good supporting mods, the chargers should put down some very nice numbers. I also love the sound of a BOV, as well as the potential, but I do kinda like the idea of the Cobalt SS/SC, staying an SS/SC but with a more efficient blower and much better numbers.

But then again, I like to be different, and just about everyone out my way has a damn STi, or EVO, or something with a turbo. lol..
I agree, I want to be different too...but I will admit I was quite disappoitned when I heard it was only going to put out 300whp, I'm hoping it will put out AT LEAST 320whp ont he conservative tune, and then when we upgrade it and stuff, then we can see GIGANTIC numbers. Perhaps with the 3 inch exhaust, intake, and perhaps a better clutch?

Don't get me wrong boys. I LOVE the idea of a twin screw IRL but...

1. The blower is too small. Should have used a 1.6L
2. Price is too expensive. 500 dollars more gets me a Turbo kit.

Kit should have been 2500 dollars or less. Whipple charges 3300 for a 2.3L Supercharger upgrade on the cobra yet they want 3000-3500 for a 1.2L whipple .

Max out the eaton, Add a ported head and there's 300whp and you'll have 2500 dollars left over. I knew the 1.2L whipple whould yield shitty results.
Again, sorry to add, what does a ported head do? As I was thinking about getting a good build (Neutral balance shafts, cams, etc), THEN adding the twinscrew S/C.

Originally Posted by 1fstss
very very nice! are you going to ever do anything with a bigger blower? id like to make 500whp. and yes i have the supporting mods to handle it.
I'd be interested in that as well. Perhaps if you guys got a 1.6L and did the parts for that one?

Originally Posted by Acidangel_5.0
x2!!

The Dyno was a DynoJet. We're using Hp tuners to monitor eveything aswell as tune.
Iat's as i said are much lower than the eaton unit typical drop of 50degrees, that is the real news. The other good part is there is more left in the blower.
How about I make some passes on the dyno with some meth and 25 degrees for you guys then your going to see crazy numbers. Will that make everyone happy. I'm sure the test cars stock clutch will love it.... We're trying to keep the beating to a minimum on the test car.

I would honestly be interested in seeing this.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:03 AM

Doooo Itttt so you can prove everybody wrong who is saying it wont make any powa
Old 07-26-2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by RL_Clark
Thanks for the info. Was it even building full boost on the DynoJet? I would like to see how it performs on an MD. I like your numbers because I know how much more potential is locked up in there, as well as understand the wanting to not beat the crap out of the test car. That is good news on the IATs. Also, what were the weather conditions/altitude of dyno run?
It was posted already. Was around 80-90F so it was hot, and was also hummid.

Don't mind some people here. You did very nice work and your still working on it. These things take time and I'm willing to wait. My warnity is still intact anyways but it may be a future kit for me in a few years. Thanks for all your hard work. Will be looking forward to more information. Good luck on the new tune and exhaust work.

Last edited by R&C_rallySS; 07-26-2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-26-2007, 10:39 AM

I wanna hear this. Something I would really like to get done once my warranty runs out.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by ReMz
was that a serious question?

yup, i was serious. it probably would be more cost effective for the company and the consumer if the 2.4 kit used a reconditioned eaton s/c instead of new. List price on a brand new eaton is $1450.00
Old 07-26-2007, 11:40 AM

... Ok I guess I'll throw my 2 cents out there.

There are too many people bashing this because they don't have a clue...
I've notcied the common thing being thrown around is "$3500 for only 300HP!"
I posted something a while back that plainly commented on why the twinscrew was actually worth it; EFFICIENT!
Yes, you can make 300HP on an Eaton... Yes it's 300HP on the TS. Now I ask of you haters, which is going to blow your stock internals first? Which is a more effective method of boosting?

I said it once, and I'll say it again. If all you want is bang for buck, go somewhere else. If you want a more reliable and safer method of making power, then you my friend are a prime candidate for a TS conversion. Think of it like the vendor is. The conversion is for the guy who wants a reliable 300HP daily driver.

So please people, think about who this product is aimed at before shooting it down. Just because it doesn't seem to suit your idea of cash well spent, doesn't mean you should debunk the entire concept.

Ok... I'm done now...
Old 07-26-2007, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by UmeNNis
I am sick of your trolling. STFU.
i dont consider anyone with an Ion a troll to our site. it's the same car as ours really, ok so the body is different... but the guts are the same. he is entitled to have an opinion. thats what this site is for.. exchanging ideas and opinions. while i may/ may not agree with him. that is irrelevant. HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO BE HERE.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake

Again, sorry to add, what does a ported head do? As I was thinking about getting a good build (Neutral balance shafts, cams, etc), THEN adding the twinscrew S/C.
In laments terms. Ported Head = More Flow = More power

A race ported head should give us 30+whp on a pullied LSJ.

2.6"
HPT
60lb injectors
Header
DP
Exhaust
CAI
Race Ported head

300whp

Quick Reply: Rebel Auto Worxs Twin Screw tuning session and Video