2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

SS S/C = NO Start Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS S/C = NO Start Help!

Okay, so drove my car last night, no problems. Wake up this morning to start her up and nothing happens. It didnt even try.. Battery is fine as music and A/C will turn on.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:42 PM

why did u make threee threads?
Old 12-22-2006, 03:43 PM

wha texactly does it do, My car didnt start on two ocasions, one was when the intake tube came loose and the car would choke and not turn on and the other was whenMy Spark plugs were so bad they wouldnt spark
Old 12-22-2006, 03:43 PM

oh yeah and u made three threads. Thread tools ---> Delete thread.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by SS-=MKR=-SS
Okay, so drove my car last night, no problems. Wake up this morning to start her up and nothing happens. It didnt even try.. Battery is fine as music and A/C will turn on.
Happened to me a couple of times - my clutch has to be right to the floor for it to start. Maybe that's the problem??
Old 12-22-2006, 03:46 PM

Didn't mean to make 3 threads, sorry. Anyways it wont even choke, It has no sound of the engine attempting to start. It could be the spark plugs, how can I check?
Old 12-22-2006, 03:50 PM

Starter, transmission linkage, PCM, FUSE, Loose Wire
Old 12-22-2006, 03:52 PM

Try boostin it... just cuz music and a.c is running doesnt mean ****.... your battery could be bad... still pushing power... just not enough to crank the engine exact same thing happend to me... cuz i left something in the ciggarette lighter for a week.... unfortunatly our cars do not shut the lighter after its shut off! My guess its your battery... tell us how it goes..
Old 12-22-2006, 04:02 PM

when you turn your key, does your security warning light up and nothing else in the gauge cluster? my ss/sc is currently in the shop for the 4th time due to this problem and they have no clue how to fix it. however, if you are getting your security light when you go to start, all you have to do is go into the fuse box on the right side of the center column and pull the fuse for the passkey ignition switch (basically disable the ignition chip reader) and you'll be able to start the car, won't solve the problem, but will allow you to start....GM can't figure out how to fix the problem yet, they've replaced half my electrical system and it's still f***ed up
Old 12-22-2006, 04:04 PM

i say fuses. Push them all back in same thing happend to me 3 days ago. The wheel hop on our car makes them pop out
Old 12-22-2006, 04:05 PM

Could also be an issue with the clutch sensor...if the car doesn't see that it's being pushed, it won't start. Just a guess.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by 2006ArrivalBlueSS
Happened to me a couple of times - my clutch has to be right to the floor for it to start. Maybe that's the problem??
Same for me as well... some days its a little more touchy than others...

EDIT: Also, be sure to double check the battery - my stock one was blown out on 3 out of 4 corners (replaced it obviously) - screw AC Delco...
Old 12-22-2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Darksun
i say fuses. Push them all back in same thing happend to me 3 days ago. The wheel hop on our car makes them pop out
wheel hop on a car will not cause fuses to come out, they're not that loose
Old 12-22-2006, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by slvrcobaltscss
wheel hop on a car will not cause fuses to come out, they're not that loose
um yes they will so before you tell me that i've seen it happen to 2 of my friends from off this forum also. Go check yours now and i bet you there not all the way down. And since i had wheel hop than my car shut offthan guages wouldnt work and then car wouldn't start i opened my hood and my fuses werent all the way in, after pushing them back my car started up
Old 12-22-2006, 04:15 PM

you just got on this site and your gonna try and tell me sumthing. gotta love it. I've been puzing around with this car and on this site for a long time. easy before you try and tell me anything....
Old 12-22-2006, 04:16 PM

when you turn your key, does your security warning light up and nothing else in the gauge cluster? my ss/sc is currently in the shop for the 4th time due to this problem and they have no clue how to fix it. however, if you are getting your security light when you go to start, all you have to do is go into the fuse box on the right side of the center column and pull the fuse for the passkey ignition switch (basically disable the ignition chip reader) and you'll be able to start the car, won't solve the problem, but will allow you to start....GM can't figure out how to fix the problem yet, they've replaced half my electrical system and it's still f***ed up
Alright, yes the security warning light, lights up. And now, I need a more specific guide on where this fuse is located in the box lol.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had similar problems with my car when I first got it. What happen with mine is that it had a bad battery but like you said the music worked and the lights turned on. When I turned the car over it just made a ticking noise cause the battery didn't have enough juice to turn over the starter. Try boosting it or jumping it and get it to a dealership and first off have them run a load test on your battery. After that just have them check things out.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:19 PM

um yes they will so before you tell me that i've seen it happen to 2 of my friends from off this forum also. Go check yours now and i bet you there not all the way down. And since i had wheel hop than my car shut offthan guages wouldnt work and then car wouldn't start i opened my hood and my fuses werent all the way in, after pushing them back my car started up
ok, i would check my car but if you read the whole thread you'll see my car is in the shop right now, but if i had it i would go take pictures and show you that they're all seated where they are supposed to be...if you're fuses are that loose then you have other problems...and as for me only getting on this site recently...ok just because i haven't been talking to other cobalt owners for more than 2 years does not mean i don't know anything about cars...i've been working around cars since i was 5 so you really wanna talk some **** just because i'm new to the site?? have fun and keep thinking you know everything because you have more posts than me
Old 12-22-2006, 04:19 PM

Alright, yes the security warning light, lights up. And now, I need a more specific guide on where this fuse is located in the box lol.
check all your fuses first before you lose your mind. and have your car in the shop till the end of time like the other guy
Old 12-22-2006, 04:21 PM

it should tell you in the owners manual...it's the fuse for the "passkey/ignition"...not sure exactly what it's called, i'd look it up in my manual but i don't have it right now, sorry....if you pull that fuse you'll be able to start your car at least, won't solve the problem, but you won't be stranded having to call for a tow truck
Old 12-22-2006, 04:21 PM

ok, i would check my car but if you read the whole thread you'll see my car is in the shop right now, but if i had it i would go take pictures and show you that they're all seated where they are supposed to be...if you're fuses are that loose then you have other problems...and as for me only getting on this site recently...ok just because i haven't been talking to other cobalt owners for more than 2 years does not mean i don't know anything about cars...i've been working around cars since i was 5 so you really wanna talk some **** just because i'm new to the site?? have fun and keep thinking you know everything because you have more posts than me
hahahaha. Listen the fuses can come loose. there not gonna fly out of the fuse box and lay on there side but they do come out. Also Note my sig
Old 12-22-2006, 04:22 PM

check all your fuses first before you lose your mind. and have your car in the shop till the end of time like the other guy
now you're trying to say it's my fault i'm having this problem...pull your head out of you ass and think before you make statements, for the sake of everyone, please
Old 12-22-2006, 04:24 PM

now you're trying to say it's my fault i'm having this problem...pull your head out of you ass and think before you make statements, for the sake of everyone, please
no your cobalt's defective like the owner of it. no surprises in my book
Old 12-22-2006, 04:24 PM

maybe GM warrenties defective owners as well as cars.......Gotta go check the manual see if its coverd
Old 12-22-2006, 04:25 PM

hahahaha. Listen the fuses can come loose. there not gonna fly out of the fuse box and lay on there side but they do come out. Also Note my sig
go talk **** on your own thread...someone created this to get help and all you want to do is brag about how you think you are the best...no one cares, i'm not losing any sleep because YOU think you're better than me, I DON'T CARE....lets just help someone out because that my friend is what a forum is supposed to be for, go to a honda site if you want to talk down to people all the time

Quick Reply: SS S/C = NO Start Help!