2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

teach me

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teach me

so im new to the cobalt scene and wanted to know a few things...
is there any pulley that we can install without a tune... (i dont belive so as more boost would need more fuel just wondering)
can we upgrade or downsize the pulley without installing larger injectors, i have been told that ours are maxxed out from the factory.
would installing a h/e one a car with just intake and exhaust benifit any if at all..
i believe thats all for now or atleast the only ?'s i can remember...
thanks
Old 01-03-2009, 11:07 PM

do you have a stock SS S/C or stage from gm ?

Last edited by jeanbalt; 01-03-2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimg
Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 PM

in any case our car loves intake and exhaust modifications. (forced induction..)
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 PM

i have a stock ss/sc just an intake and exhasut is being shipped now
Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 PM

Here are some good rules for ya to follow to be safe
Stock injectors are pretty much only good for the stock size pully
42# injectors can handle stock size pull all the way down to a 2.9
60# can handle 2.9 to a 2.6 pull maybe a 2.5 with a good tune

also an additional H/e will give you cooler temps so yeah it helps.

You will feel noticeable gains with your intake and exhaust but you can really bring them out with a custom tune. Most people who want to make 300hp stick with 2.5 inch exhaust if you are wanting to go bigger go 3" exhaust.

For got to mention any time you put a bigger injector or smaller pully you will NEED a TUNE. GM stage kits come with one and the dealer does it.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:41 PM

well i ordered pacesetter i read on there site that its only 2.25 but i heard of talk on here that other that bought the pacesetter exhaust got 2.5 so idk we will see lol and i dont really want to make 300 hp it would be nice dont get me wrong but i just want to run around 15-16 pounds of boost. i can afford the pulley and injectors there are some people on the for sale forum selling for a great price its the tune that gets me..

sunburst06 i think thats his s/n any way he has a h/e from cx and said its mine for only 80 bucks so i think ill do that first. lol
Old 01-03-2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by NOLAGSS
well i ordered pacesetter i read on there site that its only 2.25 but i heard of talk on here that other that bought the pacesetter exhaust got 2.5 so idk we will see lol and i dont really want to make 300 hp it would be nice dont get me wrong but i just want to run around 15-16 pounds of boost. i can afford the pulley and injectors there are some people on the for sale forum selling for a great price its the tune that gets me..

sunburst06 i think thats his s/n any way he has a h/e from cx and said its mine for only 80 bucks so i think ill do that first. lol
Yeah i never ran pacesetter but my buddy did and he loved it. With a 2.9 pully you can hit 16lbs if you were to but the pully and injectors separate i would do 60s and 2.9 and you can always go with a smaller pully with out having to but more injectors. But just make sure who ever you get to tune that they know what the **** they are doing cause how they tune is how your car runs.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:58 PM

well i just talked to my freind and im picking up my h/e tommoro from him so i guess for now ill be done modding (i say that now but i bet next week ill be buying my stage two stuff lol) and there is a guy im stl mo that has a turbo cavi and another with nitrous and he will tune and is good from the word on the street but he also charges 300$ for the tune so idk im just back and forth i guess first ill make my second payment as i just bought the car lol and have already done intake exhaust and now a h/e
thanks for all the info though it cleared up alot of ?s i had and thanks for not telling me to "search" i did and didnt really find much
Old 01-04-2009, 01:16 AM

well i just talked to my freind and im picking up my h/e tommoro from him so i guess for now ill be done modding (i say that now but i bet next week ill be buying my stage two stuff lol) and there is a guy im stl mo that has a turbo cavi and another with nitrous and he will tune and is good from the word on the street but he also charges 300$ for the tune so idk im just back and forth i guess first ill make my second payment as i just bought the car lol and have already done intake exhaust and now a h/e
thanks for all the info though it cleared up alot of ?s i had and thanks for not telling me to "search" i did and didnt really find much
Your welcome. I dont like being an "ass" and say search. I know it is sometimes hard to find things on this site. But if you do have questions do ask dont let those who say search bother you. Enjoy your new car and your stay at
Old 01-04-2009, 01:41 AM

after my h/e i want to work on traction mods no use in buying a stage two to just do one tire fires all the time.. i already have 225/40/18's so maybe lowering the car will come next idk... ahh all the aftermarket support and lack of money what to do lol
Old 01-04-2009, 01:44 AM

after my h/e i want to work on traction mods no use in buying a stage two to just do one tire fires all the time.. i already have 225/40/18's so maybe lowering the car will come next idk... ahh all the aftermarket support and lack of money what to do lol
Hahaha yeah that happens. Little advice the vendors on here will match or beat prices so before buying something in a group buy or just off the site be sure to pm the vendors to get the best price. They are here to serve you. Might as well make it worth while.