2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Want your opinion....

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want your opinion....

I am looking into buying a 2.8" pulley kit. Can I get some feedback on what setup to go with? I will be also be buying a catback and stage 1 soon in conjunction with this mod. Do i need a belt tesioner. I noticed that intense-racing didn't have any tensioners on their site.....
Old 12-24-2005, 08:57 PM

You do need a belt tensioner with a 2.8, there should be some for sale on ebay. I got the pulley and tensioner from the guy on ebay and everything works great. The new billet pulleys look good though, i would be very interested in getting one of those if I had not already purchased the one I have. For a cat back I would go with corsa, just depends on the amount of money you want to spend. Good luck
Old 12-24-2005, 10:03 PM

No you don't need a tensioner, you don't need the stage 1 kit. The intense kit has everything, and you can tune your car with it aswell. I have the intense kit and a CAI and i must say it will be better that a GM stage 3 kit at about 1/3rd the cost. Simply dont get stage 1, dont waste $ on tensioner. I get 0 belt slip with my kit from hoosier/intense
Old 12-25-2005, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by bdwarr6
No you don't need a tensioner, you don't need the stage 1 kit. The intense kit has everything, and you can tune your car with it aswell. I have the intense kit and a CAI and i must say it will be better that a GM stage 3 kit at about 1/3rd the cost. Simply dont get stage 1, dont waste $ on tensioner. I get 0 belt slip with my kit from hoosier/intense
I'm not sure how you're not getting any belt slip with the 2.8. Many other people with that size pully have experienced slip with the stock tensioner. And isn't the reflash in stage 1 worth getting it and then ADDING to it with the Intense kit? IMO it is very well worth it.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by bdwarr6

A GM Stage 3 Kit? Whats that consist of? Can you give me more details......
Old 12-27-2005, 08:52 PM

BW no offense man but do you know what comes in the stage 1 kit? bigger injectors and a ECU reflash. So if you dont want to get that thats on you, but it would definately add horsepower and such to your current setup.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:43 AM

I have the intense kit and a CAI and i must say it will be better that a GM stage 3 kit
Yet again, another uneducated response. When are you guys going to stop? Yes your Intense setup is good for NOW.......Don't make a comparision to something that doesn't even exist yet.......Once the GM kits come out, put two cars on a dyno side by side and see what one makes the must power. Once that is done, then you will have formed an educated opinion of what setup works better.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Doc

Originally Posted by dirtySSout
A GM Stage 3 Kit? Whats that consist of? Can you give me more details......

yes, more details like the man asked....