Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.0L LSJ Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/)
-   -   what is the smallest pulley you can put on with out a machined snout? (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/what-smallest-pulley-you-can-put-out-machined-snout-28183/)

Shermen 08-05-2006 11:52 PM

what is the smallest pulley you can put on with out a machined snout?

I have searched and can not find it. if some one has the thread or just wants to tell me. would be great. need this info before intense closes monday.

denny 08-05-2006 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Shermen
I have searched and can not find it. if some one has the thread or just wants to tell me. would be great. need this info before intense closes monday.

Front page news!! GOT BOOST!! Check it out!

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums//showthread.php?t=25843

p7x 08-06-2006 12:06 AM

^^^^^very nice sig

Shermen 08-06-2006 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by denny
Front page news!! GOT BOOST!! Check it out!

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums//showthread.php?t=25843

um yeah i cant seem to find it? maby im just dumb ill look again.

denny 08-06-2006 12:14 AM

um yeah i cant seem to find it? maby im just dumb ill look again.

:lol:

"With that being said, I researched the different pulleys that are available for the Cobalt SS/SC and I decided to go with the 3 inch ZZP modular Pulley. ZZPerformance is a long time performance parts manufacturer for the Grand Prix GTP, they have plenty of experience building pulleys for the Eaton supercharger, and they have established a great reputation. They manufactured a modular pulley specific for the Cobalt SS/SC that can go as low as 2.6 inch, without needing to grind the Supercharger nozzle. This, and the rugged construction of the pulley, made my choice very clear."

denny 08-06-2006 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by p7x
^^^^^very nice sig

Well thank you sir!! :) Thanks for coming out today. I love your Cobalt really stands out from the rest of us racist cobalts....:lol:

Shermen 08-06-2006 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by denny
:lol:

"With that being said, I researched the different pulleys that are available for the Cobalt SS/SC and I decided to go with the 3 inch ZZP modular Pulley. ZZPerformance is a long time performance parts manufacturer for the Grand Prix GTP, they have plenty of experience building pulleys for the Eaton supercharger, and they have established a great reputation. They manufactured a modular pulley specific for the Cobalt SS/SC that can go as low as 2.6 inch, without needing to grind the Supercharger nozzle. This, and the rugged construction of the pulley, made my choice very clear."

thank you i cant belive i missed that, i need some sleep. but thank you for your help denny.

Shermen

denny 08-06-2006 12:29 AM

thank you i cant belive i missed that, i need some sleep. but thank you for your help denny.

Shermen

My pleasure. :twothumbs

Speaking of sleep....I am tired going to bed.

silverSS 08-06-2006 02:47 AM

awesome new sig :lol:

here is my experience with the 2.6 on a non-machined blower:

It rubs it very slightly, but it grinds the snout down miniaml, so it has no effect on anything.

Nothing to worry about, except the 2.6" from ZZP is very thin compared to my 2.85 and 3" from ZZP, obviously.

OBSSSD 08-06-2006 09:59 AM

Depending on how you measure the pulley, I think the Billetflow 2.7" may actually be a 2.6". I don't think the ring on mine is too thin at all, and I can't s peak for the ZZP - although I know they make great stuff too. I'm real happy with mine :)

silverSS 08-06-2006 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by OBSSSD
Depending on how you measure the pulley, I think the Billetflow 2.7" may actually be a 2.6". I don't think the ring on mine is too thin at all, and I can't s peak for the ZZP - although I know they make great stuff too. I'm real happy with mine :)

interesting.......what makes u think they are equal?

max_boost 08-06-2006 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by silverSS
interesting.......what makes u think they are equal?

I've been told the same thing, it has to do with were on the pulley the manufacturers measure.

06blackg85ss 08-06-2006 10:26 PM

just be careful... for some reason my s/c snout was not completely round so when I went to the 2.7 I had to sand down one side to make it fit.... I ended machineing it when I went to the 2.6

OBSSSD 08-06-2006 10:31 PM

Something about measuring the diameter to the top vs. bottom of the belt grooves on the ring. Anyways, I think the guy at Billetflow said his 2.7 is comprable to the ZZP 2.6. The boost numbers would seem to indicate that because most people with both pullies are running the same boost levels ;)