2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Will Car Detonate??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Will Car Detonate??

lol.. ok well here goes.. i have gmstg2 on my car as which most people do.. now i have a 2.85 pulley on there aswell.. i just purchased a set of 60# siemens flow-matched injectors/ harness for my car.. im wondering if i can run those 60#s for a few days maybe a week at the most without somethin going wrong.. now the car is hptuned.. of course the tune isnt for the new injectors but it is pretty much way past the dealer tune.. i'm gettin dyno tuned as soon as they have a opening in the shops schedule.. so what do you guys think?? thanks

other mods: header, catless downpipe, gmpp catback, 2.85 pulley on 42.5# injectors, hptuners, cold air intake, other minor things!!
Old 04-06-2008, 11:59 PM

IMO, just wait til you can get an appointment with the dyno shop to install the 60's.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:02 AM

Yea it won't take long to pop the 60's in, you could do it the morning before you dyno it. Better safe than sorry.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, don't listen to them. Do not run on the 60's w/o a tune. Your car probably wont run anyway if you do it. This information is available, you could probably find it with the search feature on the sight.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:06 AM

o ok i prolly will swap them in the mornin before hand but what do you expect me to do change them in the parking lot of the dyno place.. i don't think they would like that too much.. lol its prolly like 20 miles at the most to the shop from where i live do you guys at least think i might be able to make it to there with installin them the mornin before hand..

plus i got one more question.. since im gettin tuned and all and i have the 2.85 pulley on there already.. wat would you guys recommend as to the pulley size.. keeping the same and just building a strong reliable car with relyin on boltons and my drivin skills for that quarter mile time.. or should i go smaller cause im gettin tuned like a 2.7, 2.8, or the gm 2.79.. will i regret not changin the pulley before hand.. it is a daily driver but i wanna make sufficient power but i have no cooling mods and i would be a lil worried.. any help?? thanks
Old 04-07-2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Maxim_X
No, don't listen to them. Do not run on the 60's w/o a tune. Your car probably wont run anyway if you do it. This information is available, you could probably find it with the search feature on the sight.
Don't listen to who?
Old 04-07-2008, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06ssgm2
o ok i prolly will swap them in the mornin before hand but what do you expect me to do change them in the parking lot of the dyno place.. i don't think they would like that too much.. lol its prolly like 20 miles at the most to the shop from where i live do you guys at least think i might be able to make it to there with installin them the mornin before hand..

it is a daily driver but i wanna make sufficient power but i have no cooling mods and i would be a lil worried.. any help?? thanks
Yes you should be worried don't go any lower than 2.8 to stay reliable w/o cooling mods.

Read this clearly: If you change you injectors before a 20 mile trip you will either be stuck on the side of the road a half mile from your house or you will change back to the 42's right after you try to start your car and it barely runs. You have been warned. Don't try it!

Originally Posted by RedEcotecSS
Don't listen to who?
Sorry him.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:57 PM

Put in the 60's in the parking lot of the place where you will be tuning. Don't do it any sooner. It's really a quick job anyways.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:58 PM

Most definetly do not drive it with the 60s on without a tune.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:03 PM

i would recommend doing it there, who gives a **** if "they" like it or not, its your car and money. im sure they wouldnt care, less work for them to do :P and you probably wont be the first person to do something like that anyways.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:03 PM

thanks a lot guys i called the tuner today just to verify everythin he told me not to put them in at all.. it will hurt somethin lol.. he said it would be cool to pull my car around back and just swap the injectors were actually gonna run the car on the dyno as is first just to see wat the car is puttin down and to record all the info he needs.. then from there he is gonna data log everything and start with my injectors and just get me tuned finally lol.. thanks again to all of you

so we don't end this questioner just like this after i get tuned or right befor im gonna need a coolin mod its still kinda cold out for now so ii shouldn't matter to much.. but should i go dual pass.. heat exchanger.. or go meth water mix kit.. I've heard talk of a cx heat exchanger cheap on ebay wat you guys think of that kit just for somethin cheap over ca heat exchanger or another companies.. I've heard the dual pass isn't even worth it really.. and as for meth im gonna want to get it tuned again after i put that on there.. any answers id appreciate?? thanks