2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

zzp shifter bracket

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by newt
LOL at everyone for ribbing him about wanting the part number and to just buy it from ZZP.....then asking for the PN when they find out its only worth $13 and ZZP marks it up to $25.

I love this forum.....thanks for the entertainment boys.
It is annoying when people like you exaggerate a story to make something appear a certain way. The part isn't $13, not even for a dealer buying from GM and 13 to 25 isn't 100% markup. Neither includes tax or shipping.

So if you're going to attack an issue, at least have your facts in order. Otherwise you're just a person with person bias making things up.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just installed this part earlier today, and it is worth the $25 that ZZP charges. it compliments a short throw shifter nicely, such as my B&M. especially with the solid aluminum bushings that go under the shift console.

it's not a night-and-day difference, but it's a cheap mod, and it's worth the money. install is not quite as easy as on the ZZP website, but it's not bad at all. it's just hard to get a socket or wrench up in there to take out the old bracket, and my cables were a little "weathered" and did not come out very easily. but it's a 15 minute mod, not bad

here are some more pics. stock is on the right

Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tennpenn83
i just installed this part earlier today, and it is worth the $25 that ZZP charges. it compliments a short throw shifter nicely, such as my B&M. especially with the solid aluminum bushings that go under the shift console.

it's not a night-and-day difference, but it's a cheap mod, and it's worth the money. install is not quite as easy as on the ZZP website, but it's not bad at all. it's just hard to get a socket or wrench up in there to take out the old bracket, and my cables were a little "weathered" and did not come out very easily. but it's a 15 minute mod, not bad

Finally, had to read the entire thread and guys arguing and pissing and moaning, even found some ******* being racists and just plain foolish before I got to TENN's post which actually addressed the posted question..which was about the part being a good mod or not. Sounds like it's something that would be worth doing whether you get it from zzp or a dealership.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 PM

Good to kno....mine will be here mon or tues...where do i get those shifter. Bushings again?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:38 PM

I also ordered one. Maybe I'll do a how to if no one else does
Old 04-08-2011, 11:14 PM

obviously you have to have the tire off, my strut was already out so I had a bit more room there, had an aweful time getting the one shift cable out and seem to have damaged the locking mechanism slightly, put the new one in and the one shift cable did not securely lock into place as tight as before. This was a concern to me, I'd prob be ok but I decided to go a step further and make sure it would not be a problem.

So I made a simple bracket out of 1in by 2in steel, with a bolt hole in it and this now lies over top the shift cable and prevents it from moving or even trying to pop out upwards

Overall, cant say I notice any difference at all, I already had a hurst in, so maybe theres more of a different feeling on a stock shifter?
Old 04-09-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by speedbugy996
Finally, had to read the entire thread and guys arguing and pissing and moaning, even found some ******* being racists and just plain foolish before I got to TENN's post which actually addressed the posted question..which was about the part being a good mod or not. Sounds like it's something that would be worth doing whether you get it from zzp or a dealership.
thanks man. like i said, not a night and day, OMG difference, but it, combined with the shifter bushings make it much more comfortable to drive. it's a cheap mod, and it's worth the $25. not too sure if you would notice much if this was the only "shifting" mod you had done though

Originally Posted by 05vue-redline-06ion
Good to kno....mine will be here mon or tues...where do i get those shifter. Bushings again?
the bushings i have came with my B&M shifter when i bought it new in 08. i believe you can get some at a website called genuinesaab.com or something like that, there's a recent thread about them. it is kinda hard to describe where they are located in the car unless you know what the shifter console looks like.

EDIT : here is the link

GenuineSaab.com

there is also an Adobe PDF file that shows installation (on a Saab, though)

Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
obviously you have to have the tire off, my strut was already out so I had a bit more room there, had an aweful time getting the one shift cable out and seem to have damaged the locking mechanism slightly, put the new one in and the one shift cable did not securely lock into place as tight as before. This was a concern to me, I'd prob be ok but I decided to go a step further and make sure it would not be a problem.

So I made a simple bracket out of 1in by 2in steel, with a bolt hole in it and this now lies over top the shift cable and prevents it from moving or even trying to pop out upwards

Overall, cant say I notice any difference at all, I already had a hurst in, so maybe theres more of a different feeling on a stock shifter?
you could just take the top half of the bracket, the part that the cables actually snap in to, and turn it upside down. it will hold the cables from the top down instead of the bottom up. i didn't know i could have done this until i was putting the old one away in the garage and put it together just like that. no additional plate needed, and the space (or lack of space) would keep the cable from coming out at all.

Last edited by Tennpenn83; 04-09-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:02 PM

Its in there pretty secure now so unless I break the shift cables I prob wont mess with it again
Old 06-17-2011, 11:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did it come with the bottom part as well or did you just buy a whole new assembly? I'm confused.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by BLue NoTe
How To: Install ZZP upgraded shifter bracket (56k you're gay)

For the non mechanical guys

1. Buy a TC
Old 06-18-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx
Did it come with the bottom part as well or did you just buy a whole new assembly? I'm confused.
The part came with everything shown in the picture, to include the bottom bracket, top bracket, and 2 bolts to bolt the top bracket to the bottom bracket. The only things you re-use from the old assembly are the 2 bolts that bolt the bottom bracket to the transmission itself. (well, and the shifter cables obviously...)
Old 06-18-2011, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine only came with the shifter bracket itself.... but my car does shift a lot better compared to the stock POS shifter bracket. and the shifter does feel a little bit tighter/firmer. so all in all worth 25 to 30.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:57 AM

Why are these things on backorder from GM?...ive had one on order for a month....
Old 10-03-2011, 04:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Whats the best way to get the shifter cables off?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:44 PM

You just pull back on the collars and they pop off. If they've been on there for a while, though, there might be some debris buildup on there, and it might take some more persuading.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 PM

spray them down with wd-40 on saturday, slip them right off with no fuss at all on sunday.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:48 PM

So question on this. If installed you can nls?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

Lol nls is within the ecu lol.... So thatll be a no unles you buy the **** so u can.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:05 PM

lol no one said if its the oem and zzp are one of the same.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:46 AM

I'm pretty sure the ZZP one = the 08+ OEM one, the ones standard on the LNF
Old 10-04-2011, 05:16 PM

^ ding ding, it is the LNF bracket.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
attempting this wed i believe. is fuse box pull off needed?
Old 01-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
no. Go in from the drivers side wheel well , wheel off. 13 mm socket, pry the shift cables off the shift levers and remove the cables from the bracket first before you undo the bolts that hold the bracket.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
Fogot to mention. Its the ced one.

Is their Tq specs for the bracket? Or just till its tight
Old 01-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
Fogot to mention. Its the ced one.

Is their Tq specs for the bracket? Or just till its tight
CED is OEM. ZZP is OEM; there are torque specs for every bolt on the car, but you would have a hard time to get one in there. use a 3/8 drive no bigger and make it snug plus a a half turn....for a guess

Quick Reply: zzp shifter bracket