2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Blower Motor Not Working?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blower Motor Not Working?

My blower motor quit working today. It was on full blast when I stopped out of nowhere. no speeds working at all. check all fuses and changed out a new resistor. Checked all wires for burns and there is none. Blower is still not coming on. I thought maybe it would be the blower is just bad. I hot wired the blower and it comes on full speed?? Check for voltage on power cord that goes to blower and voltage is good. Checked Relay. How does this make since. Am I missing something?
Old 04-04-2016, 01:40 PM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by Balto82
My blower motor quit working today. It was on full blast when I stopped out of nowhere. no speeds working at all. check all fuses and changed out a new resistor. Checked all wires for burns and there is none. Blower is still not coming on. I thought maybe it would be the blower is just bad. I hot wired the blower and it comes on full speed?? Check for voltage on power cord that goes to blower and voltage is good. Checked Relay. How does this make since. Am I missing something?
I am not familiar with the blower in these cars as I have never dealt with them. How dos the blower change speeds? Does it have different pins that correspond to different motor speeds or is in controlled through some sort of external resistor?

You may be getting voltage through the relay but for some reason something might be limiting the amps you can pull. If possible check the voltage in the wires with the fan hooked up like it is supposed to be with the fan turned on see if you get the same readings as you do when you disconnect the blower (I'm assuming from what you said you are reading correct voltage through the power lines, to the blower, when the fan is disconnected?). Then check it it backwards from there and see why you aren't getting power. I'd say if you're fan turns on when hot wired it is not the problem, as long as it isn't pulling more amps that it is supposed to.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Oi bruv