2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

finshed 2.2 super charged @ 10 psi

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the SS tranny did not bolt up to the L61???
Old 04-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Banned

ok i wanna see some vids of the car doin some passes. sounds good. and ya this thread has turned into some heated discussion. but its about time we got some intelligent talk around here instead of all the BS that some members through out. NJHK, 06Black, Halfcent, TCarter, etc. good stuff finally.

ive seen enough threads about "what exhaust/intake should i get?" "whats the BEST exhaust?" "Whats the BEST intake?" "Does my intake/exhaust void my warrenty?"

its good to see some new stuff. i want more VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more vids please thank you
Old 04-07-2007, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
would you like me to show you pics ******* to prove you wrong again "halfcent" what i say is the truth and i have been through my hole entire cobalt from front to back every part and have all pics. to prove these statments.

i did the trans swap 4mo ago i think, hell this what i will do when i get off work today ill post my pics of the trans and the recipe of what i payed for and got to help you understand . including the install picks

SO WHEN ITS ALL SAID AND DONE I WANT A APOLOGY FOR YOU COMENTS HALFCENT
i dont need to lie i stand behind every thing i said and done. ya wanted pics you got them. ya wanted vids, you got them so when i say i did this ****. its the F-N TRUTH
Old 04-07-2007, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja

Why wouldn't it bolt up? Aren't the LSJ and L61 the same block?
Old 04-07-2007, 01:40 PM

lol ya damn riiizzzzight its the truth. and to be perfectly honest ive just helped here and there, yellows has gone through this whole car, interior and exterior. he in fact has 2 of these cars and is restoring one of them that was rolled by a previous owner. so we get to play with alot of cobalt stuff hehehe

not to mention we did a whole power interior swap from a LT model to an LS model including all the wiring harness's however we ran into some troubnle and sweitched some of the stuff back, if you want more details on this let us know.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:40 PM

there will be new vids around 6-ish tonight of the air fuel ratio and ill even give ya a burn out in there 2 bye the way both of my tires spin not like a honda.

ill even put in a pass or 2 but not to much becouse i still need the engine for a few more tests and mods to see what happens but granted they will b e on here today around 6ish if i dont get baned for defending my honor they will be there
Old 04-07-2007, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Halfcent
Does anybody else see the problem here?
Yes the LSD was never a factory option from GM, but Quaife does make an aftermarket unit for the F23 trans. Perhaps he found a trans that already had it installed.

If I'm not mistaken all the ECOTEC blocks are designed to be very interchangeable. Even if they were slightly off, I'm sure it would just be a matter of changing the bell housings.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:50 PM

my head hurts from reading all the CRAP!! there is too many people that have no idea what they are talking about. I dont see a reason for the sc to hook up, however with no tuning you only helping the problem! It will never run RIGHT til you tune it end of story! There was not a lsd in the 2.2 ever, and i have never heard of the 2.0 parts being swapped on that either. But hey more power to you just make 1 person post we dont need different stories from everyone in your group. Especially the DSM guy who thinks he is the most greatest coolest mechanic ever!!1!
Old 04-07-2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by shortyhend2004
my head hurts from reading all the CRAP!! there is too many people that have no idea what they are talking about. I dont see a reason for the sc to hook up, however with no tuning you only helping the problem! It will never run RIGHT til you tune it end of story! There was not a lsd in the 2.2 ever, and i have never heard of the 2.0 parts being swapped on that either. But hey more power to you just make 1 person post we dont need different stories from everyone in your group. Especially the DSM guy who thinks he is the most greatest coolest mechanic ever!!1!
lol im sorry when did i say i was the greatest mechanic ever? in FACT i said yellows has done most of the work himself

i dont know why people post without reading..... i post for yellows because he isnt a very fast typer and doesnt know how to convert his video he takes into format bozos like you shorty can watch. so no need to start flamming me because i know a little something about boost and computers.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:59 PM

he doesent think that but we have proved time and time again we know what we are doing any ways his exspertise is in tuning. i know what i have......... and bye the way i dont have a stock trans or 2.2 for that mater im going to post something extra for the non believeers. AT LEAST I HAVE ENOUGH ***** TO TRY THIS **** in the name of science and power. last but not least CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Relax tex, lets get some stuff straight.

First, Yes, I'm a moderator. But I have no intention of banning anybody. We are having a converstaion about a fairly serious modification. I'm enjoying it. As long as we all stay within the rules, I'm just a member posting in the thread.

Second, I never said you were lying. I said there was a problem with your trans swap info. There is no such thing as the "G85" package for the F23 transmission. G85 is a GM product code that was used to describe a Recaro seat and LSD option package installed on SS/SC cars. F23's don't have LSD's. There is an aftermarket LSD that is made for the trans, but it would have had to have been installed, which is a MAJOR job. I know, because I did it to my 4T45E automatic using the Enginneered Performance unit. So if its in there, you would know for certain who put it in. There isn't going to a "tag" on the trans case saying so unless the shop that did it put their own tag on there somewhere.

As for whether or not the F35 will fit the Ecotec, yes, it will. All of the trans and engine combinations for Ecotec powertrains are completely interchangeable. You could put an automatic on and LSJ if you wanted to. But then ofcourse you have to tune it. (broken record)
Old 04-07-2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Halfcent
As for whether or not the F35 will fit the Ecotec, yes, it will. All of the trans and engine combinations for Ecotec powertrains are completely interchangeable. You could put an automatic on and LSJ if you wanted to. But then ofcourse you have to tune it. (broken record)
And if I remember correctly the LSJ PCM has the functions to controll an auto trans built into it.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:26 PM

well when i balt the trans i was told it had a lsd in it and it came out of a ss but i dont know witch one becouse i dident pull the trans. but i can tell you its tottaly different from the one that was in there the gear ratios and how it pulls my other trans only one wheel would spin no mader which side now both spin even going around curves. sorry for the hostility but this was touchy for me i felt insalted
Old 04-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by yellowshowbalt
there will be new vids around 6-ish tonight of the air fuel ratio and ill even give ya a burn out in there 2 bye the way both of my tires spin not like a honda.

ill even put in a pass or 2 but not to much becouse i still need the engine for a few more tests and mods to see what happens but granted they will b e on here today around 6ish if i dont get baned for defending my honor they will be there
thanks cant wait.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm old school

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
And if I remember correctly the LSJ PCM has the functions to controll an auto trans built into it.
Correct!

As for which trans you actually have, that WILL be on the product ID tag. Get a picture of that, it will answer the question.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:30 PM

ill post all the thing i said tonight. and tag
Old 04-07-2007, 03:08 PM

the best way to answer this question...do a burnout and look for 1 or 2 tire marks...then get a pic of the tranny tag, issue resolved.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Banned

the best way to answer this question...do a burnout and look for 1 or 2 tire marks...then get a pic of the tranny tag, issue resolved.

ya thats tru. lol. go figure. more reason for vids
Old 04-07-2007, 03:16 PM

just wait they will be here in T-minus 2hrs and 45min
Old 04-07-2007, 03:20 PM

Actually the best way is to make a slow tight turn and try to accelerate out. The inside tire will spin like crazy.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Tagged for later
Old 04-07-2007, 04:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I"ll be watching for updates.....
I like to see CARNAGE... WOOT...!!!.

but yeah man. I'm glad someone at least manned up and gave it try. I"m sure you have a lot of work ahead of ya, but don't start beating it til you at least get the SMT-7 setup and working right. don't want to blow it up before you figure it out.

but I"ll definitely be watching this
Old 04-07-2007, 04:47 PM

it doesn't....thus the issue....

i'm staying outta this flame-fest....the things gonna blow tho...to many "ohhh i hope the ECM corrects for this" ideas going on...
Old 04-07-2007, 05:26 PM

i have the videos and im going to meet with matt to post them for ya. keep all rude coments to self or these will be my last post!!!! i dont have to share my info with yall and i dont need the coments. i KNOW ITS GOING TO BLOW AND I WILL EVEN SHOW ME BLOWING IT UP but right know i still need the engine for a few more datalogs and mods to see what the stock computer will do
Old 04-07-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm old school

Originally Posted by 06black
it doesn't....thus the issue....
Yes, it does.

Quick Reply: finshed 2.2 super charged @ 10 psi