2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Highflow Cat

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Highflow Cat

Does anyone make a highflow cat for the 2.2L? My friend just got a highflow cat on his civic tonight it sounds like a beast. I was wondering if they make highflow cat's for the cobalt and whichsite i could find them on. Thanks for any help
Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 PM

Best way is to buy a downpipe that has a highflow cat. Check out ZZP in the vendor section.

Edit: In fact, here you go: http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_...=540&catid=155
Old 02-08-2008, 08:43 PM

Ok thanks ill check it out. IF i buy that dp would any type of headers fit up with it?
Old 02-09-2008, 02:07 AM

Cobalt Addiction - 2.5 inch downpipe with Vibrant Cat
ZZP - 3 Inch narrows to 2.5 with magnaflow Cat
Hahn - 3 Inch downpipe for use with forced Induction
As far as a bolt-on header for 2.2's you have ZZP Shorty, Dc Sports and CA Version 2 when it comes out
Old 02-09-2008, 02:10 AM

you can buy highflow cats anywhere- all that matters is inlet and outlet size--- you can even have it welded to your stock DP
Old 02-09-2008, 11:40 PM

I was looking on Cobalt Addiction. I was wondering if the XTC Stainless Steel Downpipe would fit on our 2.2L cobalt. I think it should because all our parts are interchangeable and i found a downpipe that has a highflow cat on it so if everyone thinks it will fit im going to buy it. Any Opinions
Old 02-10-2008, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by MP Cobalt
I was looking on Cobalt Addiction. I was wondering if the XTC Stainless Steel Downpipe would fit on our 2.2L cobalt. I think it should because all our parts are interchangeable and i found a downpipe that has a highflow cat on it so if everyone thinks it will fit im going to buy it. Any Opinions
Yes it does fit
I have a XTC 2.5 inch Downpipe with cat sitting in my storage. I used it with my LSJ Manifold and GMPP Touring exhaust for 4 weeks and everything bolted up fine.
It was a bit too loud for me so I went with the LSJ Downpipe
Old 02-10-2008, 09:37 AM

LoL how loud is it with the XTC Downpipe?
Old 02-10-2008, 04:16 PM

If you have the GMPP Sport Exhaust it will be even louder
I have the Touring and while driving downtown it can be heard up to 4-5 blocks away if your going Full Throttle
Old 02-11-2008, 10:46 AM

wrong the hahn downpipe is 2.75 and the catback is 3inch

what all do you plan to do to the car??? this is whats going to make the biggest difference.. do you plan to force induct your car like supercharger or turbo in the future??

if your going to go to the trouble of changing downpipe and all.. id go with zzp's header and downpipe combo which you can get it to anysize between 2.5-3inch.. if your not force inducting, keep it 2.5 on the downpipe..

the header/downpipe combo is the best, the midlength combo i mean..

also ZZP uses magnaflow high flow cats in there downipe.. with the header and downpipe both of the touring and sport your going to hear..

if your just going to stay NA (naturally aspired) id go with the zzp midlength header/downpipe combo.. and if you want some more sporty noise, go with the GMPP sport exhaust or hell even the magnaflow which sounds nice..

mountpleasant PA?? how far is that from harrisburg?? wondering how far your from me cause if ya need help bolting it up i can help ya install if ya need the extra hand

EDIT: the midlength combo.. the downpipe you can get in 3.0inch to 3inch.. 3inch-2.5.. 2.5-2.5
Old 02-11-2008, 11:18 AM

Mount Pleasant is over by Pittsburgh. So its kinda far away. I was going to get the XTC downpipe off someone for 180 shipped its brand new. I don't know what set of headers i was going to get though. In the summer i hope some of us PA guys should have like a meet and show our cars to each other and that. i think it would be cool. I plan on getting a turbo in the future after i find a cheap 5-speed tranny. If i go with the ZZP Downpipe/header what size is the exit of the headers? like on option 3 i can pick a 2.5 bolt in or could i go with the 3 inch dp with the 2.5 exit bolt in? I already have the GMPP Performance Exhaust.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:31 AM

well if somone is selling u a xtc downpipe for 180 thats a good price actually better than what i gotta pay for my 3inch downpipe for the turbo i will be running..

so your auto right now?? why switch, its going to be a lot of money, your looking at at least 3k for the switch if not more.. i dont remember what all needs done in the switch but its a lot of work.. i am auto so i gotta do my own tuning wize for a turbo as if you had the 5 speed you could use a tune from hahn on there kit or so on..

if your going turbo in the future, that gm performance exhaust will be a huge restriction. 2.5-3inch is a must for a turbo

i am on aim btw so if you log on i can chat with ya.. what size is the xtc your buying from the person?? 2.5 or 3.0?? cat or no cat..

well theres a meet happening in june in oceancity maryland which me and the wifey will be attending with some friends.. its in the regional section..

EDIT: cheap 5 speed tranny?? you know the auto tranny can handle much more power than the 5 speed tranny for the 2.2 and 2.4??? i mean if you blew out the tranny thatd be one thing but i wouldnt waste that kind of money on a new tranny if not needed yet.. if your gonna go about switching id see if it could be done to put on the ss supercharged one with the 6speed conversion.. money can net you any custom part.. if your going to do turbo setup, i wouldnt do it cheaply.. you should see the list of what i need to do my turbo.. i am looking at near 5 grand alone for everything..
Old 02-11-2008, 11:48 AM

Im at school right now on break. Im not sure what size the downpipe is he is going to send me pictures today. If i turbo it im going to get 3" piping but i was looking at the zzp combo and you can buy a 3'' downpipe with a 2.5 exit for now. Only thing for us is getting the tunnings its not going to be easy. My aim name is firefox0915 look for when i get on next time. I think ull get the turb before me, but we can collibrate thoughts and stuff. i got my next class at 12 so ttyl later. After school i got to redo mt B&M Shiftplus the wires i guess didnt have contact so thats what my project is today. My wires are in the worst spot right under that metal cooling line.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:53 AM

i got your aim name as mine is on my profile as well..

i am going 3inch all the way.. even if you buy that guys 2.5 xtc if its 2.5 youd be fine.. but once you start pushing past 300hp and all, id go 3inch just to be safe..
if you plan to go 3 inch all the way, dont get the 2.5 exit as it would be pointless to have 3inch-2.5-3inch...
downpipes arnt much to replace if ya wanted to go 3inch in the future.. hell zzps stainless 3.0 with magnaflow highflow cat and wideband bung is 243 dollars which i am getting along with the hahn 3.0 catback..

i have a sheet on my desktop of all the parts i need for the turbo.. if ya wanted his downpipe the XTC and wanted a header, youd need a shorty header like the zzp one or the cobalt addiction version 2.. theres a few others out there..