Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.2L L61 Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-l61-performance-tech-45/)
-   -   Secondary Air Injection on late production 2006 L61's (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-l61-performance-tech-45/secondary-air-injection-late-production-2006-l61s-38488/)

blackbolt89 11-24-2009 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by XgunsmokeX (Post 4460458)
dont need other mods. lol its a 2.2 just want no sai

http://www.ppeengineering-onlinestor...&categoryId=27

just get that, it's a header with SAI inlet.

XgunsmokeX 11-24-2009 01:42 PM

lmao 600 for a SINGLE header. i got headerS for my blazer long tube with cat for 450. i just wanna turn it off and use my free gmpp header

Mr.N00bLaR 11-24-2009 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by XgunsmokeX (Post 4476444)
lmao 600 for a SINGLE header. i got headerS for my blazer long tube with cat for 450. i just wanna turn it off and use my free gmpp header

Mmm.. try 400 for a header and a catless DP?

XgunsmokeX 11-24-2009 07:20 PM

um shipping and whats the words im lookin for,, catless=illegal

Mr.N00bLaR 11-24-2009 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by XgunsmokeX (Post 4477108)

The shipping is 200? I didnt make an account to figure shipping. I guess you can charge what ever you want when your the only person who makes this product...

Maven 11-25-2009 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by XgunsmokeX (Post 4477108)

Illegal? really? come on, this whole thread is basically devoted to how to remove factory installed Federally mandated emissions controls......lI doubt many people would care that its illegal that it doesnt have a cat. Its $500 with a cat, which is a few dollars CHEAPER than Clear Images header with a cat and no SAIR provisions.

XgunsmokeX 11-25-2009 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Maven (Post 4478284)
Illegal? really? come on, this whole thread is basically devoted to how to remove factory installed Federally mandated emissions controls......lI doubt many people would care that its illegal that it doesnt have a cat. Its $500 with a cat, which is a few dollars CHEAPER than Clear Images header with a cat and no SAIR provisions.

yah only Federally mandated emissions controls for new york and cali. im in CT

blackbolt89 11-25-2009 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by XgunsmokeX (Post 4478346)

okay sorry for posting a solution for people who want a header when they have SAI.

and 600 bucks isnt too bad. especially considering the price of other headers around.

http://www.turbotechracing.com/produ...dcategory=5617

http://www.turbotechracing.com/produ...dcategory=5617 (list price is like $750 HA)

im sorry i offended you with posting that SAI header.

have fun complaining about how much you hate SAI when you have a solution right in front of your face.
:spam::spam:

Maven 11-25-2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by XgunsmokeX (Post 4478346)

No thats not true, in CT your dealer can order NY/CALI cars because they border NY, so its highly possible you could have SAI on your car, and if your car is built to meet a certain emissions standard you arent allowed to remove, make inoperative or otherwise modify that system just because your state doesnt require it. Like I said, its a FEDERAL law, you cant modify the emissions system.

XgunsmokeX 11-25-2009 05:56 PM

really boys really? im askin about the post that stated u can remove it with a tech2 cu have a free gmpp header in my room and i wanna switch it off. there was a thread about it but i cant seem to find it. it stated it is legal to do it this way

Maven 11-25-2009 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by XgunsmokeX (Post 4479204)
really boys really? im askin about the post that stated u can remove it with a tech2 cu have a free gmpp header in my room and i wanna switch it off. there was a thread about it but i cant seem to find it. it stated it is legal to do it this way

Nope its not legal, its just an oversight by GM that you can actually disable it with the Tech2 on 06-07 cars, you cant do it on 08-up. Its just a "flaw" in the way the programming works for those cars.

HunterKiller89 11-25-2009 06:51 PM

i like teh noobs trying to correct maven...lol

you guys need to learn the law before you recommend other go and break it

blackbolt89 11-25-2009 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89 (Post 4479376)
i like teh noobs trying to correct maven...lol

you guys need to learn the law before you recommend other go and break it

hence why i suggested gunsmoke to get the header and dp i posted about.

but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

idgaf. i got SAI flashed out and got a LSJ header on. i was just trying to help someone else out.

XgunsmokeX 11-25-2009 08:14 PM

well its in a thread from a GM TECH it is ok to do. and again no problem with the link to the SAI header but i got a FREE one i just need to know the details to do it with the tech 2. but noooo seems no1 can help with the info

Maven 11-27-2009 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by XgunsmokeX (Post 4479622)
well its in a thread from a GM TECH it is ok to do. and again no problem with the link to the SAI header but i got a FREE one i just need to know the details to do it with the tech 2. but noooo seems no1 can help with the info

This is Halfcents thread......since when is he a GM tech? And just because a tech tells you there is a way to disable SAI doesnt mean its legal....just like just like how if a cop tells you if you press real hard on the gas pedal youll go fast doesnt mean its legal to speed.........

I am telling you that it is illegal to change the SAI programming via a flash, or even to just unplug it or use a non SAI ready header.

It is illegal for any person to remove or render inoperative any device or part of design installed on, or in a motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine designed for emissions compliance under any EPA/CAA statutes

Does that mean you cant do it? Of course not, but if youre gonna get all "theres no cat on that its illegal" in a thread about disabling another emissions system youve got to expect the hypocrite flag to get flown on your behalf.

I would just suggest you be careful when looking for a tech to get this done, make sure its someone you know and whom you trust. The shop can get fined up to $25,000 and an individual can get fined up to $2,500 for doing this so its possible they may get pissy if you ask about it out of the blue.

shawn672 11-27-2009 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Maven (Post 4483493)
This is Halfcents thread......since when is he a GM tech? And just because a tech tells you there is a way to disable SAI doesnt mean its legal....just like just like how if a cop tells you if you press real hard on the gas pedal youll go fast doesnt mean its legal to speed.........

I am telling you that it is illegal to change the SAI programming via a flash, or even to just unplug it or use a non SAI ready header.

It is illegal for any person to remove or render inoperative any device or part of design installed on, or in a motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine designed for emissions compliance under any EPA/CAA statutes

Does that mean you cant do it? Of course not, but if youre gonna get all "theres no cat on that its illegal" in a thread about disabling another emissions system youve got to expect the hypocrite flag to get flown on your behalf.

I would just suggest you be careful when looking for a tech to get this done, make sure its someone you know and whom you trust. The shop can get fined up to $25,000 and an individual can get fined up to $2,500 for doing this so its possible they may get pissy if you ask about it out of the blue.

maven i luv u

07Maliboo 01-23-2010 01:05 PM

so is there a way to remove it from the 08-up cars yet?

Maven 01-23-2010 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 07Maliboo (Post 4625525)
so is there a way to remove it from the 08-up cars yet?

Legally? NO

Wihtout tuning software or without a GOOD dealer tech? NO

You cant just switch the option in the 08-10 cars, its actually a kind of glitch in the early cars.

chrism0589 02-09-2010 03:09 PM

do 2010 cobalt lt's still come with SAI??

CobaltKatsu 03-06-2010 12:34 PM

Have a later made 08 and I have no SAI :)

blackbolt89 03-06-2010 08:36 PM

from what i gather about SAI its a location based malady. not on all 2.2..

shawn672 03-07-2010 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by chrism0589 (Post 4674013)
do 2010 cobalt lt's still come with SAI??

If the car was either:
1. ordered from a dealer that resides in or near a state that has CA emissions (because NY is, most PA will cars will have it)
2. built without an order. ex. GM will build numerous cars that they know will sell (kind of like prebuilt) and then sit in a lot until ordered

royce777 05-10-2010 03:55 PM

does anybody have directions and photos on how to remove this? i have it HUGE pain in the ass! and im trying to figure out which headers are best for the 2.2 any suggestions? and who reflashed the car once you remove this?

HunterKiller89 05-10-2010 05:35 PM

read the thread. it answers all those questions

royce777 05-10-2010 10:14 PM

I live in PA and bought my car new in PA, i know guys at the Chevy dealership. Just wondering how much they would charge to reprogram this?