2.2L LAP Performance Tech 2.2L LAP Performance Tech (2009+) 155 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

Help car cranks but doesn't start. Fuel pump not coming on. At all.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help car cranks but doesn't start. Fuel pump AND relay not engaging at all.

Car has 65000 miles. The fuel pump fuse and relay are both good, inspected fuse and just swapped out both. However, the relay does not click when the key is set to run... All relays I placed in the fuel pump slot won't.
Also, I did a continuity test on relay. Good. However, when I checked my continuity tester on a fuse to see if it lights and is powered, all fuses make the tester light up, EXCEPT the fuel pump fuse. I was checking everything else b4 changing the fuel pump...
Is this an electrical problem, or just a bad fuel pump? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jeffreno; 08-15-2016 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Better title description
Old 08-16-2016, 10:13 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffreno
Car has 65000 miles. The fuel pump fuse and relay are both good, inspected fuse and just swapped out both. However, the relay does not click when the key is set to run... All relays I placed in the fuel pump slot won't.
Also, I did a continuity test on relay. Good. However, when I checked my continuity tester on a fuse to see if it lights and is powered, all fuses make the tester light up, EXCEPT the fuel pump fuse. I was checking everything else b4 changing the fuel pump...

This video helped me when I was diagnosing fuel delivery problems on my truck.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took my relay out and blew in the slots where the relay plugs in and wiped off the prongs on the relay and haven't had a problem since
Old 08-31-2016, 08:19 PM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Electrical problem. If it were making a complete circuit it would light up.

Buy a multimeter and test and see if you have voltage going through the fuse. Be careful playing with amperage. You can blow the fuse in the multimeter if you choose to get one.