Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.2L LAP Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-lap-performance-tech-168/)
-   -   Supercharger build Lap (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-lap-performance-tech-168/supercharger-build-lap-327105/)

G5ALIVE 07-18-2019 01:23 PM

The connector did make one more click.
Started seeing 14.5 to 14.8 now more fluctuation.

Not as much as I expect yet...
will see if I can do more after work. See if it shows some real numbers

made my ground a little better too...

jdbaugh1 07-18-2019 01:25 PM

When your key is on but the engine isn't started where does it sit?

G5ALIVE 07-18-2019 01:26 PM

jdbaugh1 07-18-2019 01:53 PM

Somethings fucky. Should see big swings at startup and it should bobble around pretty good with throttle transition.

G5ALIVE 07-18-2019 02:16 PM

Yeah that’s my expectation of what I should be seeing.

Well if it doesn’t rain tonight I will re-do everything.

The ground should be good.
It’s obviously getting power.

Its the communicauon between the sensor and gauge.
Maybe there’s a pinched wire somewhere.

jdbaugh1 07-18-2019 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by G5ALIVE (Post 7715228)
Yeah that’s my expectation of what I should be seeing.

Well if it doesn’t rain tonight I will re-do everything.

The ground should be good.
It’s obviously getting power.

Its the communicauon between the sensor and gauge.
Maybe there’s a pinched wire somewhere.

Hard to say. Strange issue

G5ALIVE 07-18-2019 02:53 PM

Fun fun fun , never a dull moment with this car lmao.
Ill let you know if I figure this one out
Again thanks for all the advice JDBaugh1

G5ALIVE 07-19-2019 06:59 PM

So after talking with AEM technical support, I mentioned the gauge read 14.4 when disconnected from the sensor.
After I said that, they said to destroy the gauge and a courtesy replacement will be send.

I really needed a win here, I’m happy 😃 again guys

jdbaugh1 07-20-2019 11:40 AM

Damn sounds like you have about the same luck with bad parts out of the box as me. At least AEM stood behind it.

G5ALIVE 07-22-2019 06:35 PM

Very cool of AEM to stand by their product.

Oh I have some pretty bad luck..
Lot more wrong parts here then defective..
Lot of parts that say “fit” that require more
or really “don’t fit”

ECaulk 07-23-2019 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by G5ALIVE (Post 7715439)
Very cool of AEM to stand by their product.

Oh I have some pretty bad luck..
Lot more wrong parts here then defective..
Lot of parts that say “fit” that require more
or really “don’t fit”

The whole it fits, but doesn't really fit is pretty normal unless you're paying a premium.

jdbaugh1 07-23-2019 09:14 AM

^^^ definitely true. Kind of fitting but with slight modification required is pretty standard especially with a 2.2 as far as aftermarket parts go.

G5ALIVE 07-23-2019 03:27 PM

Meh I won’t dwell in the past. Too much suffering lol

Well...while I wait for the new AEM gauge to arrive.
I will be brining my car into a transmission shop tomorrow for an inspection. Hurray!

G5ALIVE 07-30-2019 07:08 PM

The warranty replacement AEM gauge came in today, plugged her in and it works!

Will see if tomorrow I can see what its reading at WOT. for the most part I saw around 14.0 to 15.5ish driving home normally
Will also be looking to see what my air fuel is when I get a high idle or surging going on..

In the works of getting together the cables and adapters to read the wide-band inside VCM.

G5ALIVE 07-31-2019 06:41 PM

WOT from 10km/h to about 70km/h it reads 10.00 (which is the lowest point the gauge will read)
So its probably a little rich at WOT.. I would expect to see 11.58 (commanded) or 12 something.
Better to be rich than lean I suppose lol

This is probably why I'm going through fuel like crazy hahah
Definitely need to revise the tune with the wide-band

ECaulk 07-31-2019 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by G5ALIVE (Post 7716000)
WOT from 10km/h to about 70km/h it reads 10.00 (which is the lowest point the gauge will read)
So its probably a little rich at WOT.. I would expect to see 11.58 (commanded) or 12 something.

That's way rich, def need to get that leaned out.

jdbaugh1 08-01-2019 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by G5ALIVE (Post 7716000)

Originally Posted by ECaulk (Post 7716004)
That's way rich, def need to get that leaned out.

And if the gauge is bottomed out at 10 it is probably even lower which is getting rich enough to cause it to run poorly, possibly even wall wash. Like Ecaulk said that is way too rich. I wouldn't even drive WOT until you get that adjusted.

G5ALIVE 08-01-2019 05:57 PM

appreciqte the advice, will not boost anymore until resolved.

G5ALIVE 08-03-2019 03:59 PM

Okay got all the cables! They work.

Had a little hiccup today though. Installed the data logging cable and proceeded to see if it works. The inter cooler pump begun to howl.
So I removed all my wires initially and it still howled.
So I begun checking wires specific to the pump, pump looked good, hoses were on, no leaks anywhere..
So I poured about 125ml into the "fill" hose. Waited about ten minutes and it stopped howling. Very Weird.

But anyway, should be tuning again this week!

jdbaugh1 08-05-2019 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by G5ALIVE (Post 7716156)
Okay got all the cables! They work.

Had a little hiccup today though. Installed the data logging cable and proceeded to see if it works. The inter cooler pump begun to howl.
So I removed all my wires initially and it still howled.
So I begun checking wires specific to the pump, pump looked good, hoses were on, no leaks anywhere..
So I poured about 125ml into the "fill" hose. Waited about ten minutes and it stopped howling. Very Weird.

But anyway, should be tuning again this week!

You could of had air in the system maybe? Is your pump fairly new?

G5ALIVE 08-05-2019 10:54 AM

yeah probably just an air pocket.. the pump is only a few months old.
I have checked on the fluid a few times since install but perhaps I should be checking more frequently.

G5ALIVE 08-06-2019 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 (Post 7716012)
And if the gauge is bottomed out at 10 it is probably even lower which is getting rich enough to cause it to run poorly, possibly even wall wash. Like Ecaulk said that is way too rich. I wouldn't even drive WOT until you get that adjusted.

Got my first update, yesterday, from Matt.
Brought the air fuel just up above 10.00 where we could see some actual moving figures.
WOT was hovering around low 10s at that time.

Got revision 2, today, over lunch. At looks like 6-7psi it's now at about 11.6 - 12.10
It feels a lot more stable/ smooth

G5ALIVE 08-26-2019 07:39 PM

Spent all Saturday installing an AEM 30-3300 water meth system. Fabricated a bracket for the trunk to hold the tank and mounted the pump in the spare tire storage.
I validated the system worked before removing the power sources as I want to install on/off switches and
In addition I ran into a fitment issue with the long injector nozzle and the placement of the nozzle taps in my adapter plate for the throttle body.

I looked at the adapter plate for awhile making sure I didn't have it backwards with taking in consideration of the seals: the only way everything lines up is with the taps on left and top side.
Which seems odd because I feel the right and bottom side would be much easier....
This isn't my car but I guess I'm not crazy and my engine bay is just tighter than most
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cob...05df1722a5.png
his taps are on the top and left too....

Anyway I ordered two switches and a 90 degree fitting from work that should be here tomorrow, hopefully that will solve my clearance issue without needing to drill holes in the rad support otherwise I should be a able to test the system again soon all assembled, Also need to swap out those clear zip ties with black... lol
I found a retailer I do business with to carry AEM products so couldn't say no to the price it was a steal! didn't even pay shipping ! woot!
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cob...a84bc798f2.jpg

jdbaugh1 08-27-2019 08:20 AM

If I understand correctly you are having problems with AEM's straight fitting which the nozzle threads into. Are you using quick connect fittings? AEM is probably like DevilsOwn and sells both right-angle and straight fittings. If you bought a generic fitting from your work make sure they will be corrosion resistant to the methanol.

G5ALIVE 08-27-2019 11:56 AM

EXACTLY^.
Not really a big issue, just documenting my build...
I ordered part number LGR36095611 from acklands, was about 8 bucks MALE ELBOW 1/4 OD X 1/8 NPT.
claims its "Designed specifically for use in food processing applications. Excellent chemical, corrosion and abrasion resistance. FDA approved. Maximum working pressure: 7 to 290 PSI. Temperature range: -4 degrees to 250 degrees F. FKM gaskets."
made of Nickel Plated Brass
think I made the right choice haha? or should i have went with plastic?