2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

06 supercharged build

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 12:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 supercharged build

So let's try this again. The 2.2 started acting funny and had close to 300k so I stumbled upon a low km le5 that I figured would just be a plug and play swap... Boy was I wrong. Long story short found a nice little 06 NA/SS and transferred all the parts over and started fresh.

Out with the old in with the new

The engine I bought was taken back out of the 2.2 and is on a stand getting outfitted with a supercharger kit to be ready to throw in during the spring. So everything that was on the other one went into this one minus the axle beam bushings which is a pretty shitty buzz.

First few days of ownership

Bumpers painted and swapped over along with all suspension and headlights ect...

Pee break on the way to get sc kit and other goodies

Needless to say the passion for these cars just got stronger with the second go around. I can't wait for spring time to hear this baby whine!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:56 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
What exactly did you do here I am confused. Did you swap parts out of the 2.2 Cobalt into what appears to be a perfectly good 2.4 Cobalt? Which car is getting the supercharger? Are you scrapping the red car? Or did you buy an LE5, just the engine, and then you bought another 2.4 Cobalt that needed an engine when you discovered the 2.4 wasn't going to be plug and play in the red car? But if you did that I don't understand why you would swap worn out suspension parts from an inferior high mileage 2.2 Cobalt into a 2.4 Cobalt.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
What exactly did you do here I am confused. Did you swap parts out of the 2.2 Cobalt into what appears to be a perfectly good 2.4 Cobalt? Which car is getting the supercharger? Are you scrapping the red car? Or did you buy an LE5, just the engine, and then you bought another 2.4 Cobalt that needed an engine when you discovered the 2.4 wasn't going to be plug and play in the red car? But if you did that I don't understand why you would swap worn out suspension parts from an inferior high mileage 2.2 Cobalt into a 2.4 Cobalt.
Originally I had an 07 lt which I was planning on making into a track car. The 07 had new lnf suspension with yyz springs, spherical cabs with alloy arms, xxx sway bar, redline recaro interior among other interior upgrades. But it started acting weird and I found a good deal on a le5 and trans so I tried to swap that into the 07 with no luck.

So after I chose to not continue to make the 07 work I found a cheap 06 SS/NA with similar k to the engine I bought(130k). So I put the 07 in the yard stripped all what it was worth and put it on to the 06. So I then scrapped the 07 and put the extra le5 on a stand to be worked into a boosted engine so I can put it in next season. The spare le5 has the head gasket done and new timing set so I figured it would be better to build.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:28 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Did not realize the 07 had tricked out suspension. Now it all makes sense. I was like why in the hell would you swap in base model suspension with 300km on it lol.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:02 PM

No no, this is essentially a continuation of my l61 build