We cant be a fake SS...Chevy says so.
LMAO, agreed.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whoever conciders the 2.4SS a fake ss is a heritic and should be hanged lol jk
Old 08-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Doc

Do you guys have anything better to whine about...?? I honestly think this is a self imposed title to gain pity.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
Do you guys have anything better to whine about...?? I honestly think this is a self imposed title to gain pity.
+1 I've heard more 2.4 guys say this than 2.0 guys. In fact, I've never heard a 2.0 owner say it. Further more, 2.4 guys always use the "when Hahn releases their turbo kit I can't wait to smoke an SS S/C." How about stop with all the drama and just get along.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:30 PM

ud be sayin the same **** if you owned a 2.4.....we just want some respect...big deal no s/c still pretty quick for what it is.....i think there needs to be a 2.4 forum of its own. and split the two ss's up since we cant even get any respect from fellow coby owners.

edit : this response meant for doc

edit 2: when im drivin through the streets even if i just see a little sedan i still get excited about it, i love cobalts regardless of model
Old 08-21-2006, 05:33 PM

You must gain respect to get it, young grasshoppas! Sike no i like the 2.4 ss , just the young punk kids give it a bad name.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by RYCobaltSS
ud be sayin the same **** if you owned a 2.4.....we just want some respect...big deal no s/c still pretty quick for what it is.....i think there needs to be a 2.4 forum of its own. and split the two ss's up since we cant even get any respect from fellow coby owners.
I've never bad mouthed a 2.4, I'm thrilled the motor is out there. If I ever get tired of my 2.0 I can switch to a motor that has VVT, I've posted numerous times about wanting VVT. The 2.4 has it, I want it. 2.4 owners won't get any respect until they stop complaining so much.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
I've never bad mouthed a 2.4, I'm thrilled the motor is out there. If I ever get tired of my 2.0 I can switch to a motor that has VVT, I've posted numerous times about wanting VVT. The 2.4 has it, I want it. 2.4 owners won't get any respect until they stop complaining so much.

i don't complain, i like my 2.4 just fine.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2.4 owners won't get any respect until they stop complaining so much.
Maybe the complaining stems from all the SS/SC owners saying "save up and get the SS/SC" every time someone posts they are considering a Cobalt. Take a look - there are about 1,000 posts like that on this forum.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by css9450
Maybe the complaining stems from all the SS/SC owners saying "save up and get the SS/SC" every time someone posts they are considering a Cobalt. Take a look - there are about 1,000 posts like that on this forum.
That's not a bash on your car dude, it's a preference. I bought the SS S/C because the support was already in place and the engine was built pretty good. from the factory I didn't have the resources or time to dedicate to building up a motor and then pay the $$$ for a turbo kit. If you want to bitch, bitch about aftermarket support. Then again, it seems that aftermarket support is just about in place....nothing to complain about.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:54 PM

That's not a bash on your car dude, it's a preference. I bought the SS S/C because the support was already in place and the engine was built pretty good. from the factory I didn't have the resources or time to dedicate to building up a motor and then pay the $$$ for a turbo kit. If you want to bitch, bitch about aftermarket support. Then again, it seems that aftermarket support is just about in place....nothing to complain about.

I don't mean you in particular. Yours was just a convenient post to quote.

I mean, every time someone says "hey I'm new, and am looking at the LS sedan" (or whatever), someone always says "no, get the SC".

Its just like all the years I spent on the Beretta forums. People were always recommending the Quad 4 cars to people who just wanted a nice, automatic, daily driver. Never mind that the last good non-beat-upon Quad Beretta was gone years earlier.

I had a great V6 automatic Beretta, and similarly, I have a great 2.4 Cobalt. Its exactly the car I wanted. No complaints here.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by css9450
I don't mean you in particular. Yours was just a convenient post to quote.

I mean, every time someone says "hey I'm new, and am looking at the LS sedan" (or whatever), someone always says "no, get the SC".

Its just like all the years I spent on the Beretta forums. People were always recommending the Quad 4 cars to people who just wanted a nice, automatic, daily driver. Never mind that the last good non-beat-upon Quad Beretta was gone years earlier.

I had a great V6 automatic Beretta, and similarly, I have a great 2.4 Cobalt. Its exactly the car I wanted. No complaints here.

2.4's are great for what they are designed for no doubt about that. I almost got one, but the above listed factors came into play, and I just wanted a bad ass car.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
i don't complain, i like my 2.4 just fine.

Same here...I haven't complained once about my 2.4...I like mine just fine as well...
Old 08-21-2006, 06:30 PM

It seems like there are more of the SS/SC owners putting down the 2.4's than anyone else..am I wrong??? People purchase what their pocket books allow them to. Not everyone is going to purchase a SS/SC if they are looking for a Cobalt because that's not what everyone wants. There is no reason to fault someone for their choice of a car because it's something you personally don't like or care for.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by redSSBalt
It seems like there are more of the SS/SC owners putting down the 2.4's than anyone else..am I wrong??? People purchase what their pocket books allow them to. Not everyone is going to purchase a SS/SC if they are looking for a Cobalt because that's not what everyone wants. There is no reason to fault someone for their choice of a car because it's something you personally don't like or care for.

yeah, i got you. personally, i don't think that the 2.4s get a lot of flak. the only thing that drives me up a wall personally are people that don't know what they're working with. a LOT of dealers don't know anything about these cars, or the SC and spread dis-information. i had to explain to a very nice (looking) young lady the other night that her 2.4 SS was not the same motor as her old 2.4 Z24 quad4. (thank god)
Old 08-21-2006, 06:35 PM

I am buying the 2.4 cause it is the best car I can get with 4 doors and an auto for the price.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:36 PM

I dont care what you buy and why you buy it but every company is using labels they shouldnt on cars that dont deserve it. There shouldnt be a SS, SVT, SRT, or Redline on anything that doesnt deserve it. Mercedes and BMW do a great job with ensuring anything with an AMG or M badge does what the badge dictates the car can do. The SS should not be on the 2.4 as much as SVT should of been on the focus and so I'm not biased the redline should not be on the vue. Hell IMO the SS badge shouldnt be on anything with less than 8 cyl, I think the cobalts should be Z20's or something to that effect. Heritage is lost on these new "tuner" cars and the badges dont mean what they used to. These cars are built to satisfy peoples wants that cannot afford or use a "SS" type car but still want to be sporty, and the car companies are happy to slap a badge on a car and take your money.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
I dont care what you buy and why you buy it but every company is using labels they shouldnt on cars that dont deserve it. There shouldnt be a SS, SVT, SRT, or Redline on anything that doesnt deserve it. Mercedes and BMW do a great job with ensuring anything with an AMG or M badge does what the badge dictates the car can do. The SS should not be on the 2.4 as much as SVT should of been on the focus and so I'm not biased the redline should not be on the vue. Hell IMO the SS badge shouldnt be on anything with less than 8 cyl, I think the cobalts should be Z20's or something to that effect. Heritage is lost on these new "tuner" cars and the badges dont mean what they used to. These cars are built to satisfy peoples wants that cannot afford or use a "SS" type car but still want to be sporty, and the car companies are happy to slap a badge on a car and take your money.

personally, i feel that these cars better show what the "SS" badge is about than it has meant in a loooooong time. it was, and mostly still is, an image thing. in our cases, there is more power and handling toys to back it up.

personally, i think the least "SS" car with that name i have ever seen is the 94-96 impala. i love impalas, but there was not a regular one, so how could there be an SS? doesn't make sense.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonsfire12345
whoever conciders the 2.4SS a fake ss is a heritic and should be hanged lol jk
There are cars out there that go by GT and they have less HP than the 2.4, so therefore calling the 2.4 an ss is just fine or in my case a G5 Gt And just to say that the 2.0 guys shrack on the 2.4 is rare on the board, some of the 2.4 guys might bring it on themselves,cause of the turbo kit sayin they are gonna smoke this car and that car.Everyone knows what this car is going to be capable of,but there is no need to over boast it
Old 08-21-2006, 06:47 PM

I like my 2.4 just fine as well. If I wanted a SS S/C, I would have bought one but still can't justify dumping money into a 4cyl. to make it "fast"
Old 08-21-2006, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
personally, i feel that these cars better show what the "SS" badge is about than it has meant in a loooooong time. it was, and mostly still is, an image thing. in our cases, there is more power and handling toys to back it up.

personally, i think the least "SS" car with that name i have ever seen is the 94-96 impala. i love impalas, but there was not a regular one, so how could there be an SS? doesn't make sense.
I have to wonder if this little bit of infighting is happening because the 2.4 and 2.0 or spanking other cars in their respective classes so some of you shrack on one and other
Old 08-21-2006, 06:50 PM

I really don't think they are badging the cars wrongly either. Take SVT from Ford for instance. SVT stands for Special Vehicle Team. They are a devision of Ford and do things to the cars to make them better performance wise and hadling wise than their base siblings. You obviously aren't going to smoke an SVT Cobra Mustang with an SVT Focus. That's not what the concept is behind SVT.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:52 PM

I like my 2.4 very much and know I'm not going to beat a SS/SC unless I do some work to mine. If I really wanted a SS/SC I would have bought that instead. I just couldn't see spending the difference in money between the two when you can get a lot more out of a motor for that money instead of just a supercharger.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
sorry but i have to agree^^^.......i have heard some ss/sc's say we arent and i believe there was even a poll as to wether we should be one......but who gives a **** just enjoy the car......go F/I and youl have every right to be called an ss for sure.....just drop it damn......

Quick Reply: 2.4L = Fake SS?