Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   2.4L LE5 Performance Tech (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-4l-le5-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   Hahn 2.4 ecotec turbo kit (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-4l-le5-performance-tech-46/hahn-2-4-ecotec-turbo-kit-12736/)

mike25 05-10-2006 09:16 PM

how much does the solstice 2.4 turbo kit run?

Brandon97Z 05-10-2006 09:47 PM

yes thats for the Cobalt SS 2.4. Soltice kit is $4000 and includes everything including install instructions.

Brandon97Z 05-10-2006 09:50 PM

Here's a list of what is in the Soltice kit and will pretty much be the same in ours.

Price: $3995
-Includes: TD05-16g Turbocharger
-Exhaust Manifold
-Exhaust Downpipe
-Front Mounted Intercooler
-Charge air piping system
-Cold Air Intake System
-Compressor bypass (blowoff) valve
-PCM Reprogramming
-Upgraded Fuel Injectors
-Silicone hose couplers and clamps
-Turbocharger lubrication hardware
-Complete installation hardware
-Detailed instructions

mike25 05-10-2006 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Brandon97Z
Here's a list of what is in the Soltice kit and will pretty much be the same in ours.

Price: $3995
-Includes: TD05-16g Turbocharger
-Exhaust Manifold
-Exhaust Downpipe
-Front Mounted Intercooler
-Charge air piping system
-Cold Air Intake System
-Compressor bypass (blowoff) valve
-PCM Reprogramming
-Upgraded Fuel Injectors
-Silicone hose couplers and clamps
-Turbocharger lubrication hardware
-Complete installation hardware
-Detailed instructions

holy shit thats alot, but i guess for all that ya get its worth it...ill eventually get it, and im taking classes in the fall on car mechanics- they should help me out a lill more with understandin what im doin..plus me and my dad are gonna build a new garage for me to work in on my car...so itll be pretty nice once i get the kit and the garage done

k2kwj 05-11-2006 10:59 AM

update: Just got an e-mail from Hahn. He said they a have test car for the kit and said that the kits should be manufactured and ready to sell in 1-2 months.

hells yeah

mike25 05-11-2006 06:19 PM

does anyone know how hard it would be to install this kit..i dont know too much about them right now..but i am taking a class in the fall that should help..it wouldnt think it would be too bad

NJHK 05-11-2006 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by mike25
does anyone know how hard it would be to install this kit..i dont know too much about them right now..but i am taking a class in the fall that should help..it wouldnt think it would be too bad

It shouldn't be that difficult with this kit...

One of the hard parts is hooking up the oil lines (mainly where to tap for oil).

It's pretty straight foward though.

sloNlow 05-15-2006 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by NJHK
Well I'll let you know how much power I'll be making in a little while and you guys will see how long.

And you think a Getrag tranny was MADE to handle a ton of power? Get real...we modify cars, nothing is MADE to do anything we are doing but we do it anyways. Please don't use that as a valid argument...

The J-body kit fits automatics??? Do you mean that the J-body turbo kits that's made for a manual fit an automatic? Have you ever seen the back of our cars? You can fit the manifold and turbo but other than that, the piping won't route the same and the downpipe will run right into the transmission.

No the getrag is not made to handle a ton of power the clutch is the weak link and that is easily fixed, it's also much more efficent than the automatic and less heat build up.
Though upgrading the clutch packs, and the 2nd gear spring, and adding a transmission cooler to the 4T45E may make it handle the extra power for extended time periods

Also Hahn is the ones stating their kit fits both auto and manual J-bodies, I do not know personally, I traded my Jbody for a Cobalt before I was able to purchase their kit to see. They do state the Solstice and Cobalt 2.4SS(along with Colorado, Mustang, G6 kits) will be tested for Automatic and Manuals

avro206 05-15-2006 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=sloNlow]No the getrag is not made to handle a ton of power/QUOTE]

:lol: Thats a good one. 155lbs-ft is the max torque rating.

http://media.gm.com:8221/us/powertra...6%20MG3%29.pdf

Of course it could handle a bit more--likely with no troubles. But hardly tons.

sloNlow 05-15-2006 04:35 PM

glad someone saw the humor in that :D

hondaeater 05-18-2006 04:56 PM

Fellers,

I just spoke to an unnamed person over at hahn motorsports. I asked him about the availability of a turbo kit for the Cobalt. He said R/D is finishing up on the SS now, and is going to complete work on it around the beginning of summer time.

I asked him the pricing on the unit, and he said around 4K.

Well how about that shit? Dual Charged SS. Unbelievable!

Brandon97Z 05-18-2006 05:20 PM

Thats the 2.0 twincharge kit. This is the 2.4 performance section not 2.0, if you want to talk about that get outta hee ;)

IonNinja 05-18-2006 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by hondaeater
Fellers,

I just spoke to an unnamed person over at hahn motorsports. I asked him about the availability of a turbo kit for the Cobalt. He said R/D is finishing up on the SS now, and is going to complete work on it around the beginning of summer time.

I asked him the pricing on the unit, and he said around 4K.

Well how about that shit? Dual Charged SS. Unbelievable!

sounds to me like he was talking about the 2.4SS, and what a coincidence that we're in the 2.4 forum :lol:

what kind of forum settings do you guys have? how is it always that people end up posting in the wrong section, especially LSJ guys? is there some kind of new post list or something?

Brandon97Z 05-18-2006 05:37 PM

lsj guys think they are special and don't have to follow any rules :)

hondaeater 05-18-2006 07:18 PM

lsj guys think they are special and don't have to follow any rules :)

Cute :)

:lol:

NJHK 05-19-2006 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by sloNlow
Also Hahn is the ones stating their kit fits both auto and manual J-bodies, I do not know personally, I traded my Jbody for a Cobalt before I was able to purchase their kit to see. They do state the Solstice and Cobalt 2.4SS(along with Colorado, Mustang, G6 kits) will be tested for Automatic and Manuals

Interesting. Well, we'll see when the kit comes out.

sloNlow 05-22-2006 03:46 PM

Agreed I am interested to see also

celicacobalt 05-23-2006 01:00 AM

im so ready to buy a kit i have all the money i need

97CIVIC 05-24-2006 12:58 AM

So Is It For The 2.4 Ss Or 2.0 Ss?

zomghax 05-24-2006 01:16 AM

They are currently working on a turbo kit for the 2.4L Pontiac Solstice. The link was posted on the first page of this thread, but here it is again:

Interesting Read

Now I'm not going to pretend like I have any sort of clue as to what's going on over at Hahn Racecraft, but from a business perspective, wouldn't it make more sense to adapt an existing venture to fit a second platform then go off in a completely different direction and look at building a kit for a vehicle that already comes supercharged from the factory? I think this one is ours ;)

Brandon97Z 05-24-2006 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by 97CIVIC
So Is It For The 2.4 Ss Or 2.0 Ss?

Can nobody read here? Not pointing the finger at just you but its getting a little ridiculous when people ask stupid questions that can be found very easily, ie looking at the top few post of this thread, or the section that says "2.4l performance" or maybe just maybe in the title where it says Hahn2.4ecotec turbo kit.

sloNlow 05-29-2006 02:59 PM

Brad at Hahn got back to me Thursday of last week and stated the kit would probably not fit the Automatics. They will have a definte answer by the time of release but right now he said they are guessing no.

celicacobalt 05-29-2006 11:29 PM

thats horrible cuz i wouldve been one of the 1st customers

WopOnTour 05-30-2006 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by NJHK
It shouldn't be that difficult with this kit...

One of the hard parts is hooking up the oil lines (mainly where to tap for oil).

It's pretty straight foward though.

I noticed on the 06 castings of the Ecotec bedplate, there's a round boss at a 45 degree up angle for drilling/tapping the return line. :)
A nice touch. I'll get a pic.
WOT

sloNlow 06-08-2006 06:13 PM

Anyone have any updates from Hahn?