2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

My check engine light keeps coming on but after I get gas the light goes off and then will come back on a couple days later. I'm thinking it may be the seal for the gas cap or the gas cap itself causing sensor to trigger but I may be wrong. I had it scanned at Advanced just as a quickie on my way to work and it said "Manufacture Air/Fuel Module." Which basically means I would have to take it to the Stealership to have them run the code and see what the actual problem is. I don't want to take it to them just for the simple fact most of them will give you a run for your wallet. Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a similar problem but my car was throwing 3 codes. I had Autozone clear them all and I ordered a new gas cap from rockauto.com (great site IMO). Also, make sure you are tightening the gas cap at least 3 clicks. I will try to find the link to the actual part on that site just in case you care to try that option.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
RockAuto Parts Catalog

copy that into your browser and select your car, when you get the search bar just type gas cap, hope thathelps