2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

TVS Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
No but 8K into a car to do what costs the right car 2500 and then to claim it's worth as much as the better model is def a "waste" lol. If he really just loves it then so be it. He's trying to make his base better then other cars and then have you accept that reality as well. Im not buying it lol.
thank you very much.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:40 PM

Glad to see it all together, Ross. I want to see some vids!

Also, I went budget on my build and I still have close to $4k in my SS Sedan (not including expendables like tires, brakes, shocks, etc.)...
Old 04-29-2010, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
No but 8K into a car to do what costs the right car 2500 and then to claim it's worth as much as the better model is def a "waste" lol. If he really just loves it then so be it. He's trying to make his base better then other cars and then have you accept that reality as well. Im not buying it lol.
that part IS true lol
Old 04-29-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
THIS guy gets what being an enthusiast is about.. it doesnt matter HOW much you spend what WHATEVER your car is .. vette, cobalt, pinto, gtr, zr1 doesnt matter peope do it because they like to / it makes them happy/ to be different long as the person is happy in the end with what they've made of it it's not going to be a waste to them..

8k into a economy car .. is nothing..
it doesnt matter? really? alright well you go and keep wasting your money. ill use YOUR 8k estimate.
8k in mutual funds (with market going up and down it doubles on average every 5-7 years). so lets take 6 to make things easy.
you waste ur 8k into your 240whp ion (which is nothing special no offense, def not a race car) while ill put that same 8k into mutual funds. in 42 years from now, (42/6=7, so it doubles 7 times. 8000 doubled 7 times is $1,024,000. so if i ONLY put 8k in now, (im 20 years old) by the time im 62 that 8k will net me roughly 1 million dollars for retirement, now, in 42 years 1 mill wont be that much, but itll be worth a lot more than 8k and a 240whp ion. i win. 8k in an economy car when you dont have that much money (you dont or else youd be driving something better) is dumb. esp when youre young bc the older you get the harder it is to make up the difference. and dont start lying about how much you have in the marekt and how youre job is great and youll be rich later in life. theres a reason americans are broke and have to work to such an old age and social security is going to be 0 soon. they dont save. they WASTE 8k on their ION when they cant afford it. define cant afford: just bc you have the money doesnt mean you can afford it, being able to afford something means that it wont affect your lifestyle etc. i win. you lose. dont even try.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor

I love my Subaru, if I told you what I had into that car you would laugh me off the face of the earth. I love the car tho!! BUT you will never see my try to say its now worth more then a new STi etc.. lol.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by restonSS
it doesnt matter? really? alright well you go and keep wasting your money. ill use YOUR 8k estimate.
8k in mutual funds (with market going up and down it doubles on average every 5-7 years). so lets take 6 to make things easy.
you waste ur 8k into your 240whp ion (which is nothing special no offense, def not a race car) while ill put that same 8k into mutual funds. in 42 years from now, (42/6=7, so it doubles 7 times. 8000 doubled 7 times is $1,024,000. so if i ONLY put 8k in now, (im 20 years old) by the time im 62 that 8k will net me roughly 1 million dollars for retirement, now, in 42 years 1 mill wont be that much, but itll be worth a lot more than 8k and a 240whp ion. i win. 8k in an economy car when you dont have that much money (you dont or else youd be driving something better) is dumb. esp when youre young bc the older you get the harder it is to make up the difference. and dont start lying about how much you have in the marekt and how youre job is great and youll be rich later in life. theres a reason americans are broke and have to work to such an old age and social security is going to be 0 soon. they dont save. they WASTE 8k on their ION when they cant afford it. define cant afford: just bc you have the money doesnt mean you can afford it, being able to afford something means that it wont affect your lifestyle etc. i win. you lose. dont even try.
you really shouldnt talk to me about money.. it's really not a good idea.. and no it's not a "waste" to me .. it's making my car into something i exactly want.. could i have bought a 30 k car .. yes but i didnt want to spend that much money at the time .. i paid for my car in cash .. i could've spent up to 26-27k for the car without any financing I saved up the money so i could do it ..

as far as my car .. somethings up with it .. it should be hitting 13 psi and it's only hitting 8-9 psi.. it isn't anything special.. it's not a race car.. but i never intended it to be I wanted to make it my own and different

basically what you're trying to say is anyone who puts any money into any car is stupid.. but you your self mods your car

spending 8k on something that should've cost 5k or less is dumb that much i'll give you but common stop acting all high and mighty when all of your rides have had mods on it .. you shouldn't have modded any of your rides i'm sure thats like 11 k you've spent at least on all of your rides totally that would be like a bajillion dollars when your 70 ... you should've done that ******* i cant believe how dumb you are dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumby dumb dumb ....dumb
Old 04-29-2010, 02:17 PM

any new car now adays thats modded drop value....unless your going classic you will never get all the money you put into your car...soooo all the platforms are "wasting" money
Old 04-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
I gotcha now.

And the thing is, i don't plan on ever selling the car. Since it's paid off, i have no financial burdens from it, and i didn't put on a single mod until it was.

I'll keep it for the forseeable future because it was the first car i bought and paid for myself, and I see to many older guys that regret selling cars from their youth.
agreed cash money down no payments
Old 04-29-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by PSHHH
any new car now adays thats modded drop value....unless your going classic you will never get all the money you put into your car...soooo all the platforms are "wasting" money
exactly what i was just saying theres not "better platform" just do it for what you want ..
Old 04-29-2010, 02:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
exactly what i was just saying theres not "better platform" just do it for what you want ..
When are you going to stop whoring this thread and get back to work on your own car?!?!

Old 04-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor

^Tru story!! Wanna see that thing at Island ASAP
Old 04-29-2010, 02:45 PM

you really shouldnt talk to me about money.. it's really not a good idea.. and no it's not a "waste" to me .. it's making my car into something i exactly want.. could i have bought a 30 k car .. yes but i didnt want to spend that much money at the time .. i paid for my car in cash .. i could've spent up to 26-27k for the car without any financing I saved up the money so i could do it ..

as far as my car .. somethings up with it .. it should be hitting 13 psi and it's only hitting 8-9 psi.. it isn't anything special.. it's not a race car.. but i never intended it to be I wanted to make it my own and different

basically what you're trying to say is anyone who puts any money into any car is stupid.. but you your self mods your car

spending 8k on something that should've cost 5k or less is dumb that much i'll give you but common stop acting all high and mighty when all of your rides have had mods on it .. you shouldn't have modded any of your rides i'm sure thats like 11 k you've spent at least on all of your rides totally that would be like a bajillion dollars when your 70 ... you should've done that ******* i cant believe how dumb you are dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumby dumb dumb ....dumb
and why shouldnt i talk to you about money? yes, ive modded all my cars and stuff. to an extent. i dont make it something its not aka put a tvs on something that cant handle it. thatd be like me putting a $3500 gt40 turbo on a stock wrx. i dont put a lot of money into any of them though, i look for the right deals. i just buy things to make the car more fun, not somehting its not. this kid is bragging about his tvs 2.4 and how fast its gonna be compared to ss/tc guys which is retarded. again, i never said dont spend any money in mods on your car so dont go putting words in my mouth (like you said, i mod my own cars). im just saying dont dump loads of money to turn something into something its not especially if you cant afford to do anything else except mod your car. if your living life from mod to mod on your car then something isnt right. i spent maybe, maybe $2500 on my cobalt, MAYBE. ive spent $1600 on my wrx and its faster than a stage 2 2010 sti, not im working on making it handle bettter than one. but im not gonna go dump 40k into it (even though its a far better platform than a base cobalt/ion) and then brag about how i beat cars that have the same performance basically stock and w/ a better resale value. you cant even deny that a lot of people on this site live mod to mod. they barely make any money and when they do it ALL goes into the car. yeah, do stuff that makes you happy im all for that. but you want to be happy now and later, not just now. lets say i run your beloved ion over with a jeep. whatll you have then? a check from ur insurance agency for 5k bc thats all its worth. but if i run over an ss/tc theylll get 15-17k at least. see the difference? or do you need a telescope?
Old 04-29-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by ebristol
When are you going to stop whoring this thread and get back to work on your own car?!?!

i'm at work right now .. plan is to work on it tonight .. hopefully can make it to island next weekend ... well see though i have alot of things that need to go into my car.. valve springs, clutch maybe lk9 manifold

and why shouldnt i talk to you about money? yes, ive modded all my cars and stuff. to an extent. i dont make it something its not aka put a tvs on something that cant handle it. thatd be like me putting a $3500 gt40 turbo on a stock wrx. i dont put a lot of money into any of them though, i look for the right deals. i just buy things to make the car more fun, not somehting its not. this kid is bragging about his tvs 2.4 and how fast its gonna be compared to ss/tc guys which is retarded. again, i never said dont spend any money in mods on your car so dont go putting words in my mouth (like you said, i mod my own cars). im just saying dont dump loads of money to turn something into something its not especially if you cant afford to do anything else except mod your car. if your living life from mod to mod on your car then something isnt right. i spent maybe, maybe $2500 on my cobalt, MAYBE. ive spent $1600 on my wrx and its faster than a stage 2 2010 sti, not im working on making it handle bettter than one. but im not gonna go dump 40k into it (even though its a far better platform than a base cobalt/ion) and then brag about how i beat cars that have the same performance basically stock and w/ a better resale value. you cant even deny that a lot of people on this site live mod to mod. they barely make any money and when they do it ALL goes into the car. yeah, do stuff that makes you happy im all for that. but you want to be happy now and later, not just now. lets say i run your beloved ion over with a jeep. whatll you have then? a check from ur insurance agency for 5k bc thats all its worth. but if i run over an ss/tc theylll get 15-17k at least. see the difference? or do you need a telescope?

no you need a telescope..my car is 4 years old.. i'll get 15k for it about 8 k for the car and 7k for the mods i have insured so ... yeaaa i'll get the same money soo sorry about that ..

frankly if the ss/tc was out when i bought my car I might've bought it .. if they put the lnf in an astra or an ion now I would've bought one in a heart beat.. the only reason i didnt buy a sky redline was because i was in college at the time and i needed to be able to bring my **** back and forth so it wasn't practical

and you shouldnt talk to me about money just like you shouldnt talk to anyone on here about money.. you dont know their situation, and you shouldnt assume that most people live mod to mod.. if someone does do that .. they're dumb .. I bought the ion because I liked the look of the car better then anything in the 20-30k price range I liked the features color and mpg..

Last edited by elecblue06; 04-29-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2010, 03:00 PM

god damn this thread got out of hand.

yes ppl have their opionion on what they wanna do to their cars. if the guy want to spend 8 k on his mods than let him. its his money. if he regrets it in the future that is his fault. if he blows his motor that his fault. only time will tell.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:33 PM

i'm at work right now .. plan is to work on it tonight .. hopefully can make it to island next weekend ... well see though i have alot of things that need to go into my car.. valve springs, clutch maybe lk9 manifold

no you need a telescope..my car is 4 years old.. i'll get 15k for it about 8 k for the car and 7k for the mods i have insured so ... yeaaa i'll get the same money soo sorry about that ..

frankly if the ss/tc was out when i bought my car I might've bought it .. if they put the lnf in an astra or an ion now I would've bought one in a heart beat.. the only reason i didnt buy a sky redline was because i was in college at the time and i needed to be able to bring my **** back and forth so it wasn't practical

and you shouldnt talk to me about money just like you shouldnt talk to anyone on here about money.. you dont know their situation, and you shouldnt assume that most people live mod to mod.. if someone does do that .. they're dumb .. I bought the ion because I liked the look of the car better then anything in the 20-30k price range I liked the features color and mpg..
ok fine. I wont talk to you about money then. I dont see how you say "the only reason i didnt buy a sky redline was because i was in college at the time and i needed to be able to bring my **** back and forth so it wasnt practical". its just as practical as your ion, only faster, handles better, and holds value better. If we cant talk about money then i guess to hammer the point home that *putting* 8k into ur ion is silly when i can *put* $1600 into mine and its better in every single way. I could leave my car stock and its better in every single manner. and if you dont want to make it about the wrx, lets make it about the ss/tc. a stock ss/tc is just as fast if not faster, handles way better, brakes way better, and best of all, has a warranty. you my friend, have none of that. aka BETTER PLATFORM aka spending that much money (8kplus) on a base version of a car isnt the smartest financial decision you could have made. you would have been better off buying a ion REDLINE and spending 3k on it to make it perform WAY better than your ion.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:45 PM

ok fine. I wont talk to you about money then. I dont see how you say "the only reason i didnt buy a sky redline was because i was in college at the time and i needed to be able to bring my **** back and forth so it wasnt practical". its just as practical as your ion, only faster, handles better, and holds value better. If we cant talk about money then i guess to hammer the point home that *putting* 8k into ur ion is silly when i can *put* $1600 into mine and its better in every single way. I could leave my car stock and its better in every single manner. and if you dont want to make it about the wrx, lets make it about the ss/tc. a stock ss/tc is just as fast if not faster, handles way better, brakes way better, and best of all, has a warranty. you my friend, have none of that. aka BETTER PLATFORM aka spending that much money (8kplus) on a base version of a car isnt the smartest financial decision you could have made. you would have been better off buying a ion REDLINE and spending 3k on it to make it perform WAY better than your ion.
ok dumb ****.. 1 the sky.. has no trunk ie not practical for college where the hell am i going to put **** when i go back and forth. in my trunk? oh wait.. in my back seat .. oh wait... and what the hell do i care about resale for ? i'm not going to sell my car soo their goes that point too .. my car prior to upping the boost was faster then a stock ss/tc

2 my ion is faster handles better and brakes better then an ion redline.. theres not a damn thing i haven't touched on my car (and i've only spent 5-6k) .. your car also cost an extra 10 k over mine so what the hell is your point.. i highly doubt it handles better.. has more power (with your mods) yea thats possible but get real man.

the 2.4 isn't the base model.. the 2.4 cobalt has the same and brakes suspension as the ss/sc and it has more technology and better displacement .. soo yeaaaa.. keep talking

seriously just get out of the thread.. you clearly think this guy and anyone every wanting to put money into the cars they want is stupid unless its a better car.. (there will always be a "better" platform) i guess i should've just taken out 1/2 my savings and bought a damn zr1 so i could conform to you i'm sorry i didnt run my buy of what i wanted to do with MY car through you .. i'll make sure i do next time
Old 04-29-2010, 04:18 PM

ok dumb ****.. 1 the sky.. has no trunk ie not practical for college where the hell am i going to put **** when i go back and forth. in my trunk? oh wait.. in my back seat .. oh wait... and what the hell do i care about resale for ? i'm not going to sell my car soo their goes that point too .. my car prior to upping the boost was faster then a stock ss/tc

2 my ion is faster handles better and brakes better then an ion redline.. theres not a damn thing i haven't touched on my car (and i've only spent 5-6k) .. your car also cost an extra 10 k over mine so what the hell is your point.. i highly doubt it handles better.. has more power (with your mods) yea thats possible but get real man.

the 2.4 isn't the base model.. the 2.4 cobalt has the same and brakes suspension as the ss/sc and it has more technology and better displacement .. soo yeaaaa.. keep talking

seriously just get out of the thread.. you clearly think this guy and anyone every wanting to put money into the cars they want is stupid unless its a better car.. (there will always be a "better" platform) i guess i should've just taken out 1/2 my savings and bought a damn zr1 so i could conform to you i'm sorry i didnt run my buy of what i wanted to do with MY car through you .. i'll make sure i do next time
youre looking wayyyy to far into things and taking my point to the extreme and then it no longer becomes my point. and if the 2.4 cars are soooo much better and have more technology then how come they werent the ones that were the top of the line model? i still have yet to say that anyone that mods a car is stupid. ive said a few times i mod my own. i wouldnt start making your arguement all about comparing my car to yours about better than this or that if i were you. youll prob get really upset and butthurt. my car at stage 1 aka tune only would kill yours. daily drivability-ill kill you on that too because i can actually put my power to the ground. im also not the one bragging in my sig about how i made an awe inspiring 242whp with your little smiley face gun sign. theres ss/tc that dyno that stock. and my only suspension upgrade is track sway bars w/ bushings and endlinks and i can tell you now that youll need coilovers and sways to beat me in handling, but then you gotta have the power to pull yourself outta the turn faster than me too which you have nowhere near. and i only weigh 3174lbs stock so dont bring weight advantage into this. it wont mean crap if im making 100whp and 150 wtrq. i compared the ss/tc and my car and the ss/sc and redline to your car. if you want to single me out specifically and my specific car then go for it. youll lose.

main point: quit being a panzy. i didnt once say that everyone and anyone that mods their car is dumb. i even gave deathscythe and ls1fbody props for breaking the barrier and doing things above and beyond to provide insight to fellow members. and dont try sidetrackng my comparing your personal car vs/ my personal car; thats a different subject if you want to get into it.

oh, and i made 352 whp and 384wtrq on a dynojet with no leaks and just simple bolt ons w/ stock fuel system
Old 04-29-2010, 04:31 PM

youre looking wayyyy to far into things and taking my point to the extreme and then it no longer becomes my point. and if the 2.4 cars are soooo much better and have more technology then how come they werent the ones that were the top of the line model? i still have yet to say that anyone that mods a car is stupid. ive said a few times i mod my own. i wouldnt start making your arguement all about comparing my car to yours about better than this or that if i were you. youll prob get really upset and butthurt. my car at stage 1 aka tune only would kill yours. daily drivability-ill kill you on that too because i can actually put my power to the ground. im also not the one bragging in my sig about how i made an awe inspiring 242whp with your little smiley face gun sign. theres ss/tc that dyno that stock. and my only suspension upgrade is track sway bars w/ bushings and endlinks and i can tell you now that youll need coilovers and sways to beat me in handling, but then you gotta have the power to pull yourself outta the turn faster than me too which you have nowhere near. and i only weigh 3174lbs stock so dont bring weight advantage into this. it wont mean crap if im making 100whp and 150 wtrq. i compared the ss/tc and my car and the ss/sc and redline to your car. if you want to single me out specifically and my specific car then go for it. youll lose.

main point: quit being a panzy. i didnt once say that everyone and anyone that mods their car is dumb. i even gave deathscythe and ls1fbody props for breaking the barrier and doing things above and beyond to provide insight to fellow members. and dont try sidetrackng my comparing your personal car vs/ my personal car; thats a different subject if you want to get into it.

oh, and i made 352 whp and 384wtrq on a dynojet with no leaks and just simple bolt ons w/ stock fuel system
lol you think i have all my **** listed.. i put those numbers in my sig.. which are LOWER numbers then i put down before.. they werent for bragging then again i dont care what i put down on a dyno really you really shouldn't assume **** about peoples cars..

car is lowered on coilovers.. has a rear sway bar.. new endlinks. and handles pretty damn well.. you would be hard pressed to have a better handling car..but if you believe youre car >>>>> mine then .. believe what you will if it eases your mind thinking everyone posts every little thing they do in real life on the intarnets

the point was dont bash people for spending money how they want to spend it ..
Old 04-29-2010, 04:39 PM

its like a bunch of bickering women in here
Old 04-29-2010, 04:42 PM

yea i know i'm out lulz
Old 04-29-2010, 04:44 PM

alright then. im gonna go drop 8k on gumballs, same as wasting 8k on a car thats gonna blow up and woulda been perfectly fine if it was jut left alone. smart financial decision right?

and the new wrx's (mine aka 2010) really only need sway bars, bushings, and endlinks to handle really well on the street (if you go coilovers youd need to push them bc the stock suspension isnt too shabby, so unless youre tracking theres not a huge difference unless youre willing to sacrifice smooth ride). so yeah you MIGHT outhandle me, but ill pull the living crap out of you coming out of any turn because idc what you post or not, your not making anywhere NEAR the power i am. im hitting that 380wtrq at 3200 rpms. so post whatever you want in your sig.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:46 PM

i say you guys meet up in maryland and run
Old 04-29-2010, 04:51 PM

Guys, when you have something that means a lot to you, you put money toward it, and it establishes a higher importance to you. You can't tell me that at some point you haven't loved your car more than your girlfriend or wife. We put money into them too; money that we don't get back. You can buy bigger *****, a tummy tuck, gym equipment for them, even lingerie, and you'll never get that money back. the concept is the same with cars. Except no matter how long they sit and fester, they're still worth something to someone.

Cars have a sentimental value to men, just like bags and shoes have sentimental value to women. We don't understand why..., if they mess up a dress, they throw it out. Our car gets a bad scratch..., we take it to the shop and get it repaired. Your house gets knocked down in a bad storm..., you get some things back, but everything isn't covered. No different than a car.

Regardless on what the car is worth to everyone else, the value of the car to that individual can't be equated to a price.

I think we all can agree to that.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post of the ages right thur ^^
Old 04-29-2010, 05:01 PM

Which one bro?

Quick Reply: TVS Sport