2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze
View Poll Results: Would you like to see a Cruze SS produced?
YES
88.43%
NO
11.57%
Voters: 432. You may not vote on this poll

*** GM Performance Cruze SS *** What would u like to see?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JRelly
Also I hope they dont use the same damn shift knob they have been using Not only do the SS/SC and SS/TC have it but so do the newer Saabs.
I second that. The silver on my shifter *** is starting to wear off. Also, the black "leather" on the shifter boot is starting to separate from the fabric beneath it...Had the car for about 2 1/2 years now.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G85 SS
I second that. The silver on my shifter *** is starting to wear off. Also, the black "leather" on the shifter boot is starting to separate from the fabric beneath it...Had the car for about 2 1/2 years now.
A nice real suede shift boot would be nice.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by JRelly
A nice real suede shift boot would be nice.
Yea, I think that if this were to become a production model, GM really wouldn't have to spend much money in updating the interior because it's really just some small things I care about. I'm not looking for a Lamborghini interior, just something with a little more kick to it I guess...lol

[edit] I think someone stated it but either Recaro/Sparco seats as an option with the ability of converting them to a 5 point harness. They don't even have to be Sparco/Recaro's. Could even be like the ACR SRT-4 seats...

Old 11-04-2008, 01:34 AM

Yea, I think that if this were to become a production model, GM really wouldn't have to spend much money in updating the interior because it's really just some small things I care about. I'm not looking for a Lamborghini interior, just something with a little more kick to it I guess...lol
Im looking for something similar to the STI or EVO interiors. They own the cobalt as far as the interior goes.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:40 AM

Yea, definitely. Well, all we can do is cross our fingers and hope Chevy listens to our input on this site.....(like that will happen)
Old 11-04-2008, 09:17 AM

If they do everything that people will be asking for the Cruze won't be an economy car like Chevy planned. Every little extra that people want will contribute to a higher price.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:54 AM

No, actually one of the newer Eclipses with the high wing they come with....
Eww. Yeah, I haven't seen that wing on an Eclipse before but there is for sure a similarity.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:58 AM

A turbo'd inline 6....hehe, welcome the 2JZ back!!!!!!!! that'd be sweet tho'
Old 11-04-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mr McCabe
If they do everything that people will be asking for the Cruze won't be an economy car like Chevy planned. Every little extra that people want will contribute to a higher price.
Yeah seriously, while I'd love for the Cruze SS to have everything that everyone is mentioning it would end up costing 30k... Which for a FWD car is way too much...
Old 11-04-2008, 11:59 AM

5x100 bolt pattern would be awesome 2.4vvti turbo or the current LNF would be great. LSD is a must and a tranny that is reminicent of something that can take abuse like a munchie rock crusher! Those are my biggest gripes!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:54 PM

bump
Old 11-04-2008, 04:31 PM

AWD or RWD no Fwd
Old 11-04-2008, 07:12 PM

How about handling...where do you think they could improve?
Old 11-04-2008, 07:54 PM

I think that the Cobalt SS has proven that it's probably the best FWD production handling car out there for its price. IRS of course helps, maybe adjustable shocks as a factory option, but I really think that the only other way the Cruze SS could be improved from the Cobalt is if it switched its drivetrain from FWD to AWD...
Old 11-04-2008, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by SS4EVER
Yeah seriously, while I'd love for the Cruze SS to have everything that everyone is mentioning it would end up costing 30k... Which for a FWD car is way too much...
Yea, I saw they keep it FWD, have the same options as they do already for the SS Turbo. Only thing I would like to see is an update semi-classier interior and possibly some seats that can be used with a 5 point harness like I mentioned earlier...I don't think those options would drive up the cost too much if at all.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:14 PM

and possibly some seats that can be used with a 5 point harness like I mentioned earlier...I don't think those options would drive up the cost too much if at all.
I already had this on the list from the start
Old 11-04-2008, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by rallyracer
I already had this on the list from the start
I must have missed it somewhere...lol....Oh well. At least I know someone else is on the same page as me.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:27 PM

It needs the G8 GXP Engine/drivetrain.

The end
Old 11-04-2008, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by rallyracer
How about handling...where do you think they could improve?
IRS is a MUST
Get the cross weight as close to a 50/50 ratio as possible
Go with light weight rims
Would love to see something akin to the NSRT4 ACR package or Solstice Z0K package available for us racers
Old 11-05-2008, 04:39 AM
Banned

Sure why not.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:20 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
it needs to stay fwd or awd. Thats why the cobalt was such a awesome car, it proved fwd kicks ass. Automatic in the current state of the car is a NO for a SS badge. With that weak ass power they just allow ricers to think they can beat one...If you want to drag a auto in the Lnf you know ******* damn well that trans wont work with high hp.

-6spd tranny
-HID's (@#$#@$ love mine)
-NAV - only if its bad ass, the stock nav for the ms3 was **** waste of money
-MUST HAVE GMPP stage options - look how popular the gmpp were, they show gm backs a car and allows you to go faster.
-mp3 cd player with aux in
-better interior
-better designed "race" seats
-heated mirrors - they help sooo much for the northern ppl
-LED tail lights
-auto dim rear view mirror (man I love mine soooo much)
-LSD - NOT AN OPTION make it STANDARD.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=northvibe;3065671 With that weak ass power they just allow ricers to think they can beat one...If you want to drag a auto in the Lnf you know ******* damn well that trans wont work with high hp..[/QUOTE]

want to rethink that? Who the #%$@$ cars what some stupid RICER THINKS..please. you can't control what others think anyhow.

And its not all about drag racing for people that want automatics.....some times its about bumper to bumper traffic--for wanting an auto. And still wanting a fast car. But thats a problem, for people like you I guess.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by avro206
want to rethink that? Who the #%$@$ cars what some stupid RICER THINKS..please. you can't control what others think anyhow.

And its not all about drag racing for people that want automatics.....some times its about bumper to bumper traffic--for wanting an auto. And still wanting a fast car. But thats a problem, for people like you I guess.
Have you been to other forums? I had people in matrix XRS's saying they beat a cobalt SS or drove a SS and thought it was **** because it was the non SC cobalt. Look at that auto HHR SS, its way weaker, its KNOWN by chevy that that tranny can NOT handle that much more power with out being upgraded. YOU rethink, If they want a SS auto then they need a beefier tranny. and if you dislike driving in traffic with a sports car own a 2nd car or dont buy it in the first place. The car is made for enthusiasts not to please 5 people that cry when they have to push a clutch in.

Enthusiasts <3 Real manuals
Old 11-05-2008, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe
Have you been to other forums? I had people in matrix XRS's saying they beat a cobalt SS or drove a SS and thought it was **** because it was the non SC cobalt. Look at that auto HHR SS, its way weaker, its KNOWN by chevy that that tranny can NOT handle that much more power with out being upgraded. YOU rethink, If they want a SS auto then they need a beefier tranny. and if you dislike driving in traffic with a sports car own a 2nd car or dont buy it in the first place. The car is made for enthusiasts not to please 5 people that cry when they have to push a clutch in.

Enthusiasts <3 Real manuals

who cares?? really---if your so gung ho to satisfy everyones potential thoughts....good luck. Some idiots will never realize the truth (that S/C or TC Cobalts kick ass) and live in there little dream worlds....why do you care????? Be happy with what you have and let others have what they want---it doesn't hurt you!!!

Some how it probably does hurt you and keep you up at night I bet.

Half problem is--(which you shockingly have not addressed BTW) that most people cannot race a standard---maybe you should go around with clip board and stop watch and take away peoples cars---if they can't drive to 100% potential...cause you know---they are embarassing the Cobalt!!! and some one thinks they are slow! OH NO THE SKY IS FALLLING!!! Some one thinks Cobalts are slow----RUN AWAY its the end of the world!!

You know----in that respect--automatic SS cars are the best---you just plant your foot and go--no skill but your run fast every time! That will shut those ricers up! LOL

I love driving standard--but have a bad commute home---thats my problem not yours.

Part of the reason the HHR SS is slower to cause it weighs nearly 300lbs more.

oh and thanks I have 2 cars already But guess you didn't read my signature
Old 11-05-2008, 02:06 PM

What is the SS badge suppose to mean? Supersport, is the non SC cobalt fast? no. for NA its arguable.

What I said..is if they WANT an auto they need a beefy one so that it can match the standard. The current HHR SS auto vs manual is what I'm talking about, and the auto is lower tuned and slower. Yes auto is easier to drive, the people that usually want them are NOT enthusiasts, they are people who dont want to drive manual anymore or dont know how and just think the car is cool. The SS badge and the heritage is manual. ASK ANY real car person, top gear, fifth gear, anyone on rallyracers and I's road tours. MANUAL is the way everyone wants it that loves driving cars. Because you choose to have a manual as a DD in a heavy traffic area is not chevy's issue. Automatics also have a higher rate of failure and higher maintenance costs than a manual.

As for the ricer thing. the na SS was a horrible idea. I dont care who says what about it. even ask bob lutz. Thats why it changed in 08. Chevy have a na ss and sc ss both badged and looking very similar was total garbage, the na is no where NEAR the spec of the sc. thankfully its changed. so this isnt even a issue, its fixed already. The issue I have at hand would be a crap detuned auto ss cruze. then you can reread my paragraph above to get my views on that. OHH and the who cares...well um potential buyers maybe? If they see a SS getting beat by a civic si and go OH CRAP si pwns SS's...but in fact it as a na ss. they would go damn im gonna go buy that si instead. you must think of more than just yourself when making a car....

Quick Reply: *** GM Performance Cruze SS *** What would u like to see?