2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

***GM's RESPONSE*** Cruze SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow ***GM's RESPONSE*** Cruze SS

rallyracer,
Thanks for staying in touch. We appreciate the suggestions and ongoing support from all the enthusiasts such as yourself and the Cobalt SS network. Unfortunately I do not have any information to share currently on the Cruze. What I can share is that the concept version of the Cruze that GM rolled out is a great proposal. The scale and proportion of the concept are great. Looking down the road, I think the innovative enthusiasts such as your crew will have a good time "modding" this platform out.

I am intrigued to hear why you guys haven't taken to the Astra platform, particularly considering what has been done with the performance variants in Europe...??? How many of the guys/ladies, we met in Chicago, have crossed over to the SS Turbocharged? Any that you know?

I can't say alot about what the "other guys" are doing. Based on the tough economic times, I would be impressed to see Ford pushing forward with the performance program (Focus RS). I anticipate that it is all about mileage and safety for them...sending the "right" message you know.

Thanks for the list of suggestions and the concept image. Whenever we look at the cars, both from the production as well as the aftermarket perspectives, many concepts are considered. We want to be sure that we can still produce a safe-quality product, that is engaging and people "have to drive". With saying that, we want also be cognizant of the cost considerations; ensuring that the vehicle is affordable for the right market segments (i.e. the retooling of the Cobalt SS to the turbocharged platform).

I have passed along the ideation to our engineering team. Stay tuned on further developments. Check out the GM Performance Division website periodically. Any product release information will be rolled out there or on the Chevrolet website. The new SEMA builds are posted on the GMPD site under Show Vehicles. They are hot!

A little tidbit that I can share, is that the stage kits for the turbo platform will be released real soon. The specs are awesome, particularly for the Cobalt SS... I wonder how Renault (Current fastest FWD) would feel about getting topped by a production car with a back-seat and XM radio cranking...LOL

Pass along thanks and best Holiday Wishes to Cobalt Nation...

Thanks Again,

R.R.
Lead Designer
GM Performance Division
Promotional Activities

Last edited by rallyracer; 12-01-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by rallyracer
A little tidbit that I can share, is that the stage kits for the turbo platform will be released real soon. The specs are awesome, particularly for the Cobalt SS... I wonder how Renault (Current fastest FWD) would feel about getting topped by a production car with a back-seat and XM radio cranking...LOL
/me dances
Old 12-01-2008, 11:20 AM

Hummm "stage kits" so like more than one for the SSTC. Niceeeeeeeeeeeee........!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:22 AM

I love GM
Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned

LOL

R.R.
Lead Designer
GM Performance Division
Promotional Activities
did he actually type that?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by brickerenator
lmao
Old 12-01-2008, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am intrigued to hear why you guys haven't taken to the Astra platform, particularly considering what has been done with the performance variants in Europe...???
Because the Astra as it stands in the US B-L-O-W-S. I like the idea of a hatch and I don't mind the Astra, but if I'm plunking down hard earned money I want a performance model. Not the hope or vague promise of a performance model, the full *****-out performance model.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by originaladrian
lmao
no wonder GM is doing so well, they are full of "Professionals"
Old 12-01-2008, 11:34 AM

Seems like a pretty laid back younger business man to me. Sounds like he knows what hes talking about and makes great points. Understands the industry well.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Respond back and tell him that the Astra in the states isn't considered a tuner car. Its as much of a modable car as a freaking KIA.

I'm sure the ss/tc owners will be happy to hear about their stage kits coming soon. And it clearly states that GM hates us LSJ owners.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:39 AM

stage kits!!! (drooling)
Old 12-01-2008, 11:41 AM

I looked into the Astra when it was first being rolled out in the States. If they would have offered a true performance version in the US, I may have bought one. I like 2 dr hatchbacks.

The performance of the LNF SS is what sold me.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by brickerenator
I changed a few things in the email (my name and his name)

Those are his initials but I thought id be considerate and hide his real name.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Banned

I changed a few things in the email (my name and his name)

Those are his initials but I thought id be considerate and hide his real name.
i meant the LOL
Old 12-01-2008, 11:54 AM

Bump
Old 12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Banned

kinda early for a bump isn't it?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Iam Broke
I looked into the Astra when it was first being rolled out in the States. If they would have offered a true performance version in the US, I may have bought one. I like 2 dr hatchbacks.

Give me this:

Or even just the regular VXR

Either one of those would be AWESOME.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Banned

yesh
Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by alleycat58
Because the Astra as it stands in the US B-L-O-W-S. I like the idea of a hatch and I don't mind the Astra, but if I'm plunking down hard earned money I want a performance model. Not the hope or vague promise of a performance model, the full *****-out performance model.
Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Respond back and tell him that the Astra in the states isn't considered a tuner car. Its as much of a modable car as a freaking KIA.

I'm sure the ss/tc owners will be happy to hear about their stage kits coming soon. And it clearly states that GM hates us LSJ owners.
Originally Posted by Iam Broke

Agreed with all. I have seen the Astra in person and liked it but it doesn't even come close to the euro version. If they had a LNF turbo version I would have been all over it. It just has no performance desirability to me.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
they need to come out with a redilne astra with the lnf and a opc body kit or the vxr kit..

OP would you mind pming me the contacts info?

i'd buy a redling astra 3 door in a minute lol

Originally Posted by RBC
Agreed with all. I have seen the Astra in person and liked it but it doesn't even come close to the euro version. If they had a LNF turbo version I would have been all over it. It just has no performance desirability to me.
the astra XR leather sport seats.. feel like recaros lol .. they seriously feel awesome and are super comfortable

hell that car would even be good with a 2.4... and before anyone yells about gas mileage and emmisions... the 2.4 is cleaner then alot of cars.. and i get better mpg then the astra advertises on a daily basis and i'm modded

Last edited by elecblue06; 12-01-2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-01-2008, 01:59 PM

rallyracer,

Actually saw your email floating around internally at GM with some good comments. I am very encouraged that your suggestions are getting serious consideration from some very high levels at GM and your not just getting lip service.

Good Job!

TCB
Old 12-01-2008, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by tcbracing
rallyracer,

Actually saw your email floating around internally at GM with some good comments. I am very encouraged that your suggestions are getting serious consideration from some very high levels at GM and your not just getting lip service.

Good Job!

TCB
That's very, very cool. Is the actual email he sent posted for us to read?
Old 12-01-2008, 02:17 PM

stage kits give me a boner
Old 12-01-2008, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by SSsteve
stage kits give me a boner
lol x2!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake

They dont hate us its that our engine is now defunct and why would they exert any energy to us, when they have the newer LNF platform. .02

Quick Reply: ***GM's RESPONSE*** Cruze SS