2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

Volt/Cruze on hold! Due to cash flow!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Volt/Cruze on hold! Due to cash flow!

One of the towns close to me where a plant is suppose to be built was told that it is on hold. Kinda figured it would happen.

http://gm-volt.com/2008/12/17/chevy-...laced-on-hold/
Old 12-17-2008, 07:03 PM

It sucks sadly... Because the only reason that gm is in the situation that their in is because of the ridiculous salaries employees are paid.... 80-90 dollars for assembling a damn car get the hell out of here... They need to jump on the boat and start paying them 30 dollars an hour just like honda and toyota has been doing...

UNIONS FOR THE MOTHA F*** LOSS
Old 12-17-2008, 07:04 PM

repost, lounge has a thread goin already
Old 12-17-2008, 07:13 PM

This doesnt mean they are on hold because they can build the engine anywhere since there are like 100's of engine plants that can be build the motor. My dad and I work at the Detroit-Hamtramik plant and he is friends with the head guy of paint in our plant who attends the meetings at the GM headquarters and they are planning on retooling it part of the plant while we are layed off for a the 2nd half of December and all of January. We are going to run our first proto-type in April and will be building them for the public in November. They are also going to build a chevy malibu and chevy impala on the same platfrom which will come out in 2012. They plan to change the gas motors to hydrogen motors one these 3 cars asap and GM plans to have all their cars running on hydrogen only by 2018. Thats as of today and the meeting they had yesterday at the headquarters.

2fastSS your an idiot!!!! Working on the assembly line is not as easy as you think. We sure as hell dont get paid 80-90 dollars cuz if we did we wouldnt buy GM cars we would have high price mercedes. PLUS if you watch the new but obviously you dont cuz the statement you made was on their and it say that they actually make 3 dollars more then we do. So idk where you get your news from probably off her but its totally wrong

Last edited by 2008CobaltSSTURBO; 12-17-2008 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-17-2008, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by 2008CobaltSSTURBO
This doesnt mean they are on hold because they can build the engine anywhere since there are like 100's of engine plants that can be build the motor. My dad and I work at the Detroit-Hamtramik plant and he is friends with the head guy of paint in our plant who attends the meetings at the GM headquarters and they are planning on retooling it part of the plant while we are layed off for a the 2nd half of December and all of January. We are going to run our first proto-type in April and will be building them for the public in November. They are also going to build a chevy malibu and chevy impala on the same platfrom which will come out in 2012. They plan to change the gas motors to hydrogen motors one these 3 cars asap and GM plans to have all their cars running on hydrogen only by 2018. Thats as of today and the meeting they had yesterday at the headquarters.

2fastSS your an idiot!!!! Working on the assembly line is not as easy as you think. We sure as hell dont get paid 80-90 dollars cuz if we did we wouldnt buy GM cars we would have high price mercedes. PLUS if you watch the new but obviously you dont cuz the statement you made was on their and it say that they actually make 3 dollars more then we do. So idk where you get your news from probably off her but its totally wrong
LOL YOUR A ******* IDIOT.... go put it on any news station right now their saying the salary make up of gm.... BTW working at a dealership doesnt make you an employee at the distribution plant...at the plant where they build the cars they do make that much...

Im sorry taking a car and putting on car parts isnt the hard part my friend... Their making bank because of the risk factor of getting hurt... And because of the unions tryin to dictate what an employee should get paid

We need to start nipping things in the butt just like the japanese companies or even the germans... Also the unions arent helping things out either...

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/ViewPost....22989251003253

there you go bud.... tells you right there how much a gm employee makes an hour... now before you start calling me an idiot... please know what the **** your talking about

Last edited by 2fastSS; 12-17-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-17-2008, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by 1WhiteSSTC
repost, lounge has a thread goin already
People need to post in the right section then
Old 12-18-2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
LOL YOUR A ******* IDIOT.... go put it on any news station right now their saying the salary make up of gm.... BTW working at a dealership doesnt make you an employee at the distribution plant...at the plant where they build the cars they do make that much...

Im sorry taking a car and putting on car parts isnt the hard part my friend... Their making bank because of the risk factor of getting hurt... And because of the unions tryin to dictate what an employee should get paid

We need to start nipping things in the butt just like the japanese companies or even the germans... Also the unions arent helping things out either...

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/ViewPost....22989251003253

there you go bud.... tells you right there how much a gm employee makes an hour... now before you start calling me an idiot... please know what the **** your talking about
78 dollars an hour is the whole fing package not what they take home. they take home around 30 $ an hour but the cost of health care and pension and everything else is the rest of that calculation.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by JTLucas
78 dollars an hour is the whole fing package not what they take home. they take home around 30 $ an hour but the cost of health care and pension and everything else is the rest of that calculation.
Wish i made 78 bucks an hour
Old 12-18-2008, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by JTLucas
Yes but I'm betting that's more than double what Foreign assembly builders are making for an equal or more reliable vehicle than what we produce domestically. I think that is the point being made.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
It sucks sadly... Because the only reason that gm is in the situation that their in is because of the ridiculous salaries employees are paid.... 80-90 dollars for assembling a damn car get the hell out of here... They need to jump on the boat and start paying them 30 dollars an hour just like honda and toyota has been doing...

UNIONS FOR THE MOTHA F*** LOSS

You, sir, are an idiot
Old 12-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Ughhh I'm so sick of seein these threads! It never stays on topic. Went straight to Arguing over Plant salary's AGIAN!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by YaKkO
Ughhh I'm so sick of seein these threads! It never stays on topic. Went straight to Arguing over Plant salary's AGIAN!
Agreed
Old 12-18-2008, 07:05 PM

They're NOT on hold. GM has stated that plant was delayed, but the production dates have NOT changed. They have also said they will import the engine from Europe for the Volt if need be.

Admin/Mod please delete this thread if possible.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:08 PM

way to save GM stop producing them SUV's and make more cars like the cobalt and make then run off of water!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Chrysler shut down all us plants for a month
Old 12-18-2008, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by DeftonesFan867
They're NOT on hold. GM has stated that plant was delayed, but the production dates have NOT changed. They have also said they will import the engine from Europe for the Volt if need be.

Admin/Mod please delete this thread if possible.
Why delete my thread? And yes the plant in my area has been put on hold unless they announced something else