Do we gain any power by using an ATI damper? - Cobalt SS Network

Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Engine Technical Discussion > ADVANCED Performance Modifications
Do we gain any power by using an ATI damper? >

Do we gain any power by using an ATI damper?

ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:39 AM

I know the two dampers available are either OD or UD, so that doesn't help the cause, and we do it to be able to rev higher safely, but after reading this article on MotoIQ, they gained 7hp and 11ftlb tq by replacing their 2016 Golf's factory damper with a FluiDampr: Project Golf R MKVII Fluidampr Install

Thoughts?
Old 10-04-2017, 10:06 AM

I'd like to see what the ignition timing was doing between the two runs. How does the weight compare between these two pulleys? How does the fluid damper work in comparison to stock?

I know the ATI dampers are significantly heavier than stock Ecotec crank pulleys. The only way I could see them freeing up power is if there are significant losses due to crank harmonics with the stock pulley.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdbaugh1 For This Useful Post:
silverback (02-25-2018)
Old 10-05-2017, 02:31 PM

The car wasn't tuned, it was just a straight swap from the factory damper to the fluidampr. From what I can find, it looks like the new pulley weighs around 5.3lbs, and stock is around 4lbs, so a moderate increase in weight (32.5%)...

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.