ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

Going to Turbo. Parts list

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to Turbo. Parts list

Hey guys my Cobalt is about paid off finally and I'm looking to achieve 400hp.

I'm stil​​​​​l working a budget but I'm thinking about a total of $3000-$4000 by the end of it.

Currently I have an 07 SS/SC looking for a complete turbo kit to keep it simple on me. I have a few buddies who are mechanics so I'll have the help of the install. Plus I will likely send the Computer in to ZZP for the Tuning portion of it.

My questions are​​​, can anyone give me a good kit I can at least start my build off of.

Next, ​​I've already replaced my Trans and clutch. I upgraded to the stage 2 GM clutch instead of stage 1. Could I handle 400hp on a stage 2?

I'd​​​​​ take a kit that ends near close to 400hp

Th​​​​anks a lot in advance.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:49 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
the gm clutch is just "gm performance upgrade clutch", its not stage 1 or 2. it should take 400hp for a while if you are nice to it.

zzp makes a real nice turbo kit, i suggest you do with that.
The following users liked this post:
Scythe_Snake (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay cool thanks a lot. That turbo kit plus the re-tune should put me near 400? Obviously I'll want an exhaust and intake I imagine. Forgot to note my ss/SC is all stock at the moment. Also I'd like to make it... How to say.. Durable?
Anything I can upgrade while I have certain things out that will allow it to take a little more of a beating?
I don't mean e​​​​very day I'll be beating the crap out of this car but my buddies STI blows a head gasket once a month and I just want to be able to WOT and not have to worry about that. So I'm all about upgrading whatever will make it last longer.

Thanks​ again for tips really