ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

LNF Turbo Kit on LSJ, Cooling Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LNF Turbo Kit on LSJ, Cooling Problems

I figured I may get more traffic here. We finally got everything squared away for the most part, still have a high idle, but it's 1100 rpms.

Anyway, I am having cooling problems, sometimes over heats very quickly, other times slowly, but it always over heats. The lower rad hose is always cold, and the upper rad hose is always empty. As you can see below, what I think is the coolant feed is T'd in right by the overflow bottle (this is how I received the kit). I am fighting a constant air pocket and I finally took notice, with the help of Nate Measler, that at the T we can watch air being sucked from the overflow bottle into the line. Now on an LNF this coolant line for the turbo is on a nipple at the banjo fitting above the upper radiator hose. Now, I believe that because there is pressure here, and not over by the overflow tank, I will no longer have this issue. Thoughts? Now, I need to find a banjo fitting with 2 nipples, OR another solution. The car has been down almost 3 weeks now (I only have time on weekends to work on it) and I am getting seriously frustrated fixing all these tiny issues.

Name:  turbobalt_zps37ddbea2.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  65.8 KB

Thanks everyone for their help!