ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

Wanting some help modding 2007 SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanting some help modding 2007 SS/SC

Ok i am new here and this is my first post. Next summer my dad said he will buy me a new car in a certain price range <15k. So i am thinking about getting an 07 SS/SC because i really like how they look and they seem decently quick.

But i don't know much about them and was wondering if someone could maybe make me a list of the best mods i could do to a stock one to make the most power and the best times out of it.

Note: I am probably only going to be spending 5 grand in mods at first so try to keep it under or around that.

Thanks alot.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
3.0 pully 42 lbs injectors, slicks, stage 2 axels, meth, he, dual pass, 16" rims, one hell of a tune, full exhasut, intake. Very ast but VERY VERY reliable car. somehow 90% of the people on this site dont relise this. then get mad when there car breaks and it comes "GM's" fault.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:59 PM

if your spending 5 grand just get a turbo kit and call it a day. you will need some supporting mods. and there a thousand other posts just like this so use the search button.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
3.0 pully 42 lbs injectors, slicks, stage 2 axels, meth, he, dual pass, 16" rims, one hell of a tune, full exhasut, intake. Very ast but VERY VERY reliable car. somehow 90% of the people on this site dont relise this. then get mad when there car breaks and it comes "GM's" fault.
how much would all that run me?
Old 11-27-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the car first... worry about one thing at a time
Old 11-27-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by glen229
get the car first... worry about one thing at a time
alright... i was just trying to plan ahead so i will know if it is worth getting this car and upgrading or just spending a little extra money and getting a different car.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:22 PM

its a nice car... id keep it stock for a whilee.. its not slow stock and that way you can have fun with it and not quickly get bored
Old 11-27-2008, 05:25 PM

get an 06! they take to tuning better than an 07 from what i've been told, unless they have fixed the problem.

but get the basic mods to start out with, full exhaust, intake, cooling mods especially, pulley and tune. just dont go below a 2.8 inch pulley! mucho bad for a car with an M62 Heaton.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:25 PM

its a nice car... id keep it stock for a whilee.. its not slow stock and that way you can have fun with it and not quickly get bored
yea thats a good idea.

I guess i am just trying to plan ahead because my dad likes me to and since he is buying it i figured i would please him! lol

But i am trying to decide between this and something along the lines of an 04 sti. This seems like even though it is slower might be just as much fun.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:27 PM

how old are you... id look into insurance for it.. ss/sc sti's etc will rape you on insurance unless youve been driving clean for like 5 years
Old 11-27-2008, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mnatvyc1223
get an 06! they take to tuning better than an 07 from what i've been told, unless they have fixed the problem.

but get the basic mods to start out with, full exhaust, intake, cooling mods especially, pulley and tune. just dont go below a 2.8 inch pulley! mucho bad for a car with an M62 Heaton.
why is it bad for it? sorry just don't know much about these cars.
And could i get a stg 2 kit without getting the stg 1 first or do you have to go in order?

how old are you... id look into insurance for it.. ss/sc sti's etc will rape you on insurance unless youve been driving clean for like 5 years
I am 17 but my parents pay for insurance...

Last edited by Bremmer; 11-27-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-27-2008, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bremmer
why is it bad for it? sorry just don't know much about these cars.
And could i get a stg 2 kit without getting the stg 1 first or do you have to go in order?

I am 17 but my parents pay for insurance...
the eaton M62 heatsoaks which in turn causes ur IATs (intake air temps) to rise when u put a smaller pulley on the SC. i would also invest in an interceptor gauge so you can monitor a few of your parameters on the engine. IATs in specific.

but most important if u wanna put a smaller pulley, get cooling mods. dual pass intercooler with Option "B" kit, an aftermarket heat exchanger and maybe down the road if u wanna run more timing and boost then Meth/H20 (wouldnt recommend it tho). i may be forgetting some stuff, the other guys will hopefully chime in.

you can get a stage 2 without having to buy a stage 1.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:37 PM

the eaton M62 heatsoaks which in turn causes ur IATs (intake air temps) to rise when u put a smaller pulley on the SC. i would also invest in an interceptor gauge so you can monitor a few of your parameters on the engine. IATs in specific.

but most important if u wanna put a smaller pulley, get cooling mods. dual pass intercooler with Option "B" kit, an aftermarket heat exchanger and maybe down the road if u wanna run more timing and boost then Meth/H20 (wouldnt recommend it tho). i may be forgetting some stuff, the other guys will hopefully chime in.

you can get a stage 2 without having to buy a stage 1.
ok thanks alot man...
so with the cooling mods what is the smallest recommended smalest size of the pulley? (needs to still be safe though!)
Old 11-27-2008, 05:39 PM

ok thanks alot man...
so with the cooling mods what is the smallest recommended smalest size of the pulley? (needs to still be safe though!)
if ur gonna go stage 2, the tune runs rich so dont go any lower than a 2.9.

but even with the cooling mods i wouldnt go below 2.8 with HPT tune.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:41 PM

if ur gonna go stage 2, the tune runs rich so dont go any lower than a 2.9.

but even with the cooling mods i wouldnt go below 2.8 with HPT tune.
alright... thanks alot.
I think when i get it i am just going to get the Stg2 kit, a cai, and exhaust to start with.
Around how much do you think all this would run me?f
Old 11-27-2008, 05:47 PM

If you go stage two, I would run an after market tune. If you live close to NJ, look into getting your car tuned at tune time performance. Like Mnatvyc1223 said, the tunes from GM are rich as hell. There is so much room for a better tune. If you bought your car and got it tuned stock you would prolly pick up about 20 hp off a tune with a completely stock car.

I would do. Heat exchanger, Stage II, CAI, After market tune, full exhaust.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSSNick
If you go stage two, I would run an after market tune. If you live close to NJ, look into getting your car tuned at tune time performance. Like Mnatvyc1223 said, the tunes from GM are rich as hell. There is so much room for a better tune. If you bought your car and got it tuned stock you would prolly pick up about 20 hp off a tune with a completely stock car.

I would do. Heat exchanger, Stage II, CAI, After market tune, full exhaust.
yeah that us around what i was hoping on doing. With all that done. Any estimate on what kinda numbers i would make?

BTW: I live in Indiana.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:51 PM

alright... thanks alot.
I think when i get it i am just going to get the Stg2 kit, a cai, and exhaust to start with.
Around how much do you think all this would run me?f
maybe around a $1000 depending on what kind of CAI and Exhaust you get. time to start saving!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:54 PM

maybe around a $1000 depending on what kind of CAI and Exhaust you get. time to start saving!
yea thats not bad at all. I could even get more stuff...

I should have around 3 or 4 grand by the time i get this next summer.

With that extra money put in there what other mods could be done? I mainly want mods that will give me optimal gains. I am going to try to make this car fast enough to keep up with most of my friends.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned

alright... i was just trying to plan ahead so i will know if it is worth getting this car and upgrading or just spending a little extra money and getting a different car.
buy my car its an 07 ss s/c with 16K miles on it. i'll let it go for 15,000 if you want it
Old 11-27-2008, 05:55 PM

yea thats not bad at all. I could even get more stuff...

I should have around 3 or 4 grand by the time i get this next summer.

With that extra money put in there what other mods could be done? I mainly want mods that will give me optimal gains. I am going to try to make this car fast enough to keep up with most of my friends.
you could buy HP Tuners and learn to tune, then you can make money and you could tune your own car.

but if u have that much then deffinately get some Interceptors and a Wideband.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Altiery52
buy my car its an 07 ss s/c with 16K miles on it. i'll let it go for 15,000 if you want it
i would but i am not going to get a car til next summer.

If it is still up for sale next summer that would be a high possibility but i doubt it will be around then.

you could buy HP Tuners and learn to tune, then you can make money and you could tune your own car.

but if u have that much then deffinately get some Interceptors and a Wideband.
sorry i am a noob... what do those do?

Last edited by Bremmer; 11-27-2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-27-2008, 06:00 PM

i would but i am not going to get a car til next summer.

If it is still up for sale next summer that would be a high possibility but i doubt it will be around then.

sorry i am a noob... what do those do?
Look at my pictures in my should i buy the white ss/tc thread. The top guage on my guage pod is an interceptor. It plugs into your OBDII port underneath your dash by your left leg sitting in the drivers seat. It reads a ton of differant engine parameters like collant temp, and air intake temp, and boost, etc. And honestly a wideband isn't needed, most tuning tools tell you the Air-fuel ratio anyway, so you don't really need a wideband because any tuning tool will tell you that anyway. Although it is a cool looking gauge
Old 11-27-2008, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSSNick
Look at my pictures in my should i buy the white ss/tc thread. The top guage on my guage pod is an interceptor. It plugs into your OBDII port underneath your dash by your left leg sitting in the drivers seat. It reads a ton of differant engine parameters like collant temp, and air intake temp, and boost, etc. And honestly a wideband isn't needed, most tuning tools tell you the Air-fuel ratio anyway, so you don't really need a wideband because any tuning tool will tell you that anyway. Although it is a cool looking gauge
o alright. What year is your ss? I like it.

What is the fastest 0-60 and 1/4 mile time i would be able to achieve with around 3 grand in mods.

Last edited by Bremmer; 11-27-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-27-2008, 06:05 PM

o alright. What year is your ss? I like it.

What is the fastest 0-60 and 1/4 mile time i would be able to achieve with around 3 grand in mods.
should break 13's

i run consistant 14.5's with just a CAI, Downpipe, and cat-back. So with a stage II I should be into the 13's.

Last edited by BlackSSNick; 11-27-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Wanting some help modding 2007 SS/SC